In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
I LOVE her clothes so I’m not surprised that Victoria Beckham was named Britain’s top boss
Great list of PF resolutions compiled for your perusing; mine this year is to save $250/day in net income / actual savings for $100,000 in net savings at the end of the year. On average of course. I don’t work every day of the year, nor even from year to year.
- She is a trooper. Seriously. … and so is this woman. Much respect to both.
- Own stocks? You’re in the minority for the poor but the majority for the rich. Index funds count.
- Had no idea, but I use all of these techniques when I negotiate, especially #2.
- UNREAL. These list of excuses to skip work are just UNREAL.
- Wacky historical fashion trends, I think bombasting takes the cake for me.
- Most influential toys of all time — #2 and #1 were my favourites as a kid. #11 just made me angry.
- If you’re trying to think of cute gifts for adults or kids, particularly dentists, I highly recommend these My Milk Toof books. I own both of them.
- Inside the millionaire mind, and along those lines, Chinese millionaires emigrating to the U.S.
- Interesting. I can vouch for having a super conscientious partner and it has definitely helped me.
- I can vouch for having experienced some of this.. even while pregnant in Toronto!
- I for one would love to see clothing sizes at the retailers STANDARDIZED. So frustrating.
- In a STEM career like I am? Read this.
- Speaking of careers, this is worth a read especially if you think you’re over the hill.