In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
This living room of Adam Lippes is not my style aesthetic and yet I like it a lot.
I am trying to pin down why.. I think it’s the combination of that gorgeous folding screen at the back and that couch with those stunning embroidered blue pillows.
It looks very cosy and great. I’d probably just get rid of the table at the back by the wall, the lamps, the table by the window, but I’d keep the side tables by the couch.
Oh and no coffee table. I always bang my shins on that stuff.
- This is the most interesting striped dress I have seen in a while. I like the ruching (hides bellies), the pleats, nips and tucks!
- Is it just me, or are all of these “well-dressed” Grammy outfits pretty much ugly? Here’s another post that agrees with the first one, although one of the dresses looks decent worn by Camilla Cabello. Is it wrong to want a pretty gown? Boring but pretty and intricate? Why are we showing so much underboob, full-on-boobs, sides barely held together with safety pins and a prayer? Don’t even get me started on how short Klum’s dress is. I’d barely deign to call that a tunic, not a dress. *shakes head*
- This is the perfect mix of casual + formal; with a hoodie under a blazer to keep it soft but structured, but without the bulk.
- When your parent(s) reverse the roles and become your dependent instead, a super thoughtful post from none other than Revanche. It reminds me a lot of when parents heavily subsidize their children and end up crippling them for dealing with reality and life by always being there for them. The tough get tougher and the weak get weaker.
- My hair, having gone more than a year without a haircut or any major care at all, is dying for a great hair mask and I am eying this one by R+Co for a high gloss shine.. like a sealant.
- For a great laugh, I always love reading Awkward Yeti comics – this one “Heart Gets Trained” is so me.. and BABY BUN! 🙂
- I tried this Becca powder on in-store and was blown away especially by all of the skin tones available. It’s on my list To Buy once I get a job.
- The Evolution of Model Off Duty Style..Some of the outfits are hilarious.
- When I want to wear SPF and makeup, I don’t slather on any sunscreen (I don’t know about you, but it doesn’t work with my foundations or creams, it just balls up into this nasty looking dried hot-glue consistency), so I wear this gorgeous Bare Minerals BB cream with SPF 30 instead, then I brush on some sunscreen powder from Jane Iredale to touch up during the day if I go out into the sun (it comes in light or dark)…
- This looks pretty easy to do for a cool looking ponytail… Just need a lot of patience, hair & elastics.
I really liked this documentary by Lisa Ling on America’s Sugar Daddies & Sugar Babies.
It is both enlightening and interesting to hear how young women work their assets, and men are happy to pay for it.
They do make a good point – is it any different from dating, or from the kinds of celebrity relationships we see of successful men always hooking up with gorgeous women but never the other way around (save for maybe that episode of Britney & Kevin)?