Holiday Gift Guide: What to Buy for that pesky Minimalist
The holidays are upon us!
I know November seems early for the end of December, but it really isn’t. I’ve seen frost on the ground and I have a feeling reindeers and jingling bells are just around the corner.
For the record, as a minimalist, I would much prefer things to eat, cash, or gift cards. Anything “consumable”, really that I would like to actually consume.
Every time my mother tries to get me something, I cringe because I LOVE that she thought of me, cares about me and thinks I would find it useful but I just hate her wasting all that money on something I don’t really want.
How do you tell your mother you’d really much prefer a pair of Frye moto boots, size 8, in black, with buckles, but only the slimmer cuter version of the Engineer boot, not the other one?
She wouldn’t understand because she’d said:
You already have boots, but you don’t have a … [insert kind of useless kitchen gadget here]!!!
But I digress.
This is a gift guide to getting things people actually want.
And by people, I mean people like me.
Super picky. Minimalist. Conscious. Stylish (I hope). & overall, super annoying to buy gifts for.
You know, this woman doesn’t even need to really travel much, she just has to LOVE TO TRAVEL (like I do), and love accessories related to maps & traveling:
So enter, travel-related accessories! I particularly love the idea of giving a piece of art to hang on a wall.
People don’t have enough art these days, and something kind of personalized would be so great. If they don’t love it, it can go in the bathroom. 😉
- Engraved Coordinates Bar Pendant • BaubleBar • $38
- Moon and Lola Personalized State Pendant Necklace, Gold, Missouri-Wyoming • Moon
- and Lola • $188
- MuchTooMuch There’s a Map for That Necklace in Gold • $19.99
- n/a NYC Skyline Ring • $30
- Aurélie Bidermann – Lace Silver-plated Ring • Aurelie Bidermann • $240
- Steel City Stainless Steel Woven Line Ring • $10
- Americanflat Joe Brewton New Orleans, Louisiana Typography Framed Wall Art • $109.95
- Americanflat PaperFinch New York City Framed Wall Art • $109.99
- Americanflat Joe Brewton California Typography Framed Wall Art • $109.95
- Ana Accessories Inc Style a la Cartography Scarf • $19.99
- Map Print Scarf • Tommy Hilfiger • $39.99
- Kate Spade New York – New York Map Scarf Scarves • Kate Spade • $118
For someone who travels A LOT, there is nothing better than a great pouch to hold all your things, a cashmere wrap (I own 3!) and a good pair of noise-cancelling headphones:
- Kate Spade New York Leather Zip Pouch • Kate Spade • $50
- Catseye London ‘Large – Believe’ Frog Screenprint Zip Pouch • $30
- Clare V. Leather Cosmetic Pouch • Clare Vivier • $65
- White + Warren Cashmere Travel Wrap • White + Warren • $295
- White and Warren Cashmere Travel Wrap • $322
- White + Warren Cashmere Travel Wrap • White + Warren • $298
- Beats by Dr. Dre Red Beats EP On-Ear Headphones • $129.95
- Beats by Dr. Dre Beats Solo2 Wireless On-Ear Headphones • $300
- Bose® QuietComfort® 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones Black for Apple • Bose • $299.99
- Brewster Wall WallPops Notepad Monthly Calendar Decal (Set Of 2) • $55.99
- Ben’s Garden Two Scribble Notepads • Ben’s Garden • $9.10
- kate spade new york Notepad Set • Kate Spade • $16
- Metropolitan London Pen • $20
- Montblanc Starwalker Ballpoint Pen • Montblanc • $400
- Metropolitan NYC Pen • $20
- Moleskine® Star Wars Notebook, Hard Cover, College Ruled, 240 sheets, 5″ x 8″ – BB8 •
- Moleskine • $24.95
- Moleskine® Notebook, Hard Cover, College Ruled, 240 sheets, 5″ x 8″ – Floral •
- Moleskine • $22.95
- Moleskine Large Notebook • Moleskine • $20
Someone who is always organized, can appreciate NICE notepads, pens and a great notebook.
Sure, I use my iPod touch a lot, but nothing beats a great notepad where I can jot down ideas and sketch out things.
P.S. See all my other Holiday Gift Guides here.