What I liked this week:
- Am I crazy for wanting this really chic hip bag? (Read: cooler name for a “fanny pack”)??? Is this Hands-Free Mommyhood talking right now!? What is happening to me!?
- This is so scary and so is this. I actually started crying, thinking about Baby Bun and what I would do if he was one of these kids. SO. SCARY. How do you prevent this as a parent? I can’t stop crying. Seriously. How do you prevent a child from doing this when their brains are literally half formed? No phones? No social media accounts? I’m thinking yes to both or at least serious monitoring if he ever gets accounts.
- I always feel like the lead parent. When my partner stayed at home to watch Baby Bun when I went back to work, he confessed to not correcting people when they said things like: “Oh so you’re working from home today?”. No one ever assumes a Mommy is working from home; whenever I go to pick Baby Bun up or do things during the day when I am actually working from home, they just assume I’m a stay-at-home mom & invite me to activities and things during the day. :\ H/T to Revanche
- This is hilarious because I can imagine myself doing it to Baby Bun. Laughing over here. With tears.
- I am not a hockey fan or even into sports at all, but it is hard not to get swept up in it when your whole office is into it. Anyway, this Youtube fan has THE BEST videos on Carey Prices’ Top 10 Saves over the past 3 years. He is an incredible goalie.
- No, we women aren’t always exaggerating our pain. We really aren’t. When I was in labour with Baby Bun, my OB had written: FAST DELIVERY in all caps and huge !!!! … and even with that, they didn’t get around to trying to give me the epidural until his foot was coming out. The agony and pain I felt was just indescribable. I tried to talk about it here to give you an idea. I know women who are pregnant and in labour are always screaming and in pain but they should have reacted at least an hour sooner than they did instead of dismissing my quickly increasing pain & urgency until it was almost too late to not be able to issue me an epidural for my C-section.
- And for your cuteness of the day: Baby koala gets tickled. Thanks again to Revanche
here’s a baby koala being tickled pic.twitter.com/UiDtRBL4uo
— Baby Animals (@BabyAnimalPics) December 20, 2014