In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
Mosaic Sushi!? BE STILL MY HUNGRY HEART.
- I am tearing up over this wonderful, wonderful use of social media to help bring business to this shop owner. What a guy, that Colin Ross.
- I bought these flats in a thrift store for $5 on a whim, they were pretty well used and near to death but not the way I wear out my shoes, and I AM IN LOVE with them. I am most definitely buying a pair once I run through my other pairs of flats. They are awesome.
- I am dying of laughter right now. As a mother of a toddler who is headstrong (but really not THAT BAD in the grand schemes of toddlerdom), this made me laugh so hard.
- I still love this makeup sponge, even though Baby Bun has appropriated it as an ‘egg’ for his rubber ducky.
- $20 might seem like not a lot of money to you, but it can catapult someone into a whole other socio-economic class. H/T to Revanche.
- I am wearing my field jacket a lot, and it looks just like this one.
- Going through a divorce or want to have some concrete advice? Here’s a great post.
- My mother is in her late 60s and swears by this stretch mark cream for her face, claiming it removes all wrinkles & makes her skin look incredible. Did I mention that people think she’s in her early 50s? For Canadians, my mother orders it via Beauty Bridge.
- How to be unhappy. An excellent introspective comic post.
- Naeem Khan makes the most amazing evening dresses. I wish I had White House Black Tie Events to go to to wear this, even rented. I’d even wear this gown too if I had a chance.
- I think Iris Apfel has fabulous style, and although that is no longer my current style, I very much appreciate that she thinks ‘dressing your age’ is silly and a marketing scam.
- Now that autumn is upon us, I am dying for a wrap coat even though I have plenty. This one caught my eye.
- My real reasons for not shopping retail has partly to do with discovering thrifting (kind of fun, like a hunt), and the other part being the dismal quality and synthetic fabrics with an increased price point. Here are more reasons why your local mainstream retailers suck.
- If I get a job, I have my eyes set on this exact pair of high rise jeans in WHITE. YES. WHITE. EVEN WITH A TODDLER. It would feel like butter on my thighs and be worth it.
- Only $18,000 to clean a palace but with the “perk” of seeing the Royal Family?!? I passed it on to my mother (a diehard Royalist), but NO THANK YOU.
- Time to break out my favourite cashmere wraps for autumn over my favourite black moto leather jacket.
- Reading these posts on early retirement make me wonder if I am already semi or early retired. My condo is fully paid for, I just need to make enough in dividends ($500K saved is my estimate for capital required) to cover living expenses and stop spending on shopping. Hmm. Food for thought.
- I desperately want to upgrade my headphone game, and this wireless pair in ROSE GOLD is calling my name.
- Planning on visiting San Miguel de Allende, Mexico? I found this guide quite helpful.