In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- These fashion + food instagram shots by @groehrs are fantastic
- Speaking of food, everything Kim has said about thinking about going vegan/vegetarian is EXACTLY what I went through as well. Since going vegan & then switching back, I have cut back on my meat consumption dramatically. I do not eat as much as I used to and it has made a positive impact on my budget (aside from the times I go out to eat..)
- How fair is this? Obese men earn more but obese women are penalized.
- I sort of totally want to move to Japan now and do things like let my kids learn to be independent at a very young age. Hat tip to Sarah of Live to List for this adorable link! If you want one that is completely English Subbed, watch this one. It is ADORABLE. And addictive.
- I love this article on former convicts helping newly released convicts learn how to adjust to civilian life
- How to get your child to open up about school; lots of great ideas in the comments
- Don’t talk yourself out of applying for that job. You can do it, really. .. and during salary negotiations, STFU.
- This is why you can never find your size when you go shopping.
- This is the most useful makeup trick I’ve learned in a long time; duh! TWO shades of concealer! All the rest of the hacks are here.
- If I had a daughter, I’d want her to be like #theasianpear; and her mother is giving me great ideas
- I want Baby Bun to grow up to be as money smart as this kid.
- A great, simple retirement calculator spreadsheet & check on reaching that goal. My numbers came out as expected; $1.5 to retire & I am well ahead of the curve (need to save less each year apparently..)
- 6000 lbs of organic food grown in a 1/10th acre. This is SO APPEALING I want to do this. I want to get more into gardening as a result. Video below.