In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- Baby hippo. BABY HIPPO.
- Why everyone hates the yuan percent in China (the uber-nouveau second generation rich kids). It’s a sad article. They all seem so lonely and lost. Reminds me of that documentary Born Rich. An excellent fiction chick-lit book that can kind of give you an idea of how these kids live, would be Kwan’s China Rich Girlfriend: A Novel
- I want this organized travel packing kit for electronics and cables .. you don’t even KNOW how badly.
- What goes up must come down. No? Don’t invest what you can’t afford to lose and don’t need to be liquid in the next 5-10 years.
- Want to be a boss? Here are some tips for young women. Note: thinking about the tips, I guess I thrive on being the only woman in the room. I don’t shy away from that because I see myself as equal.
- Famous quotes, the way women would have had to say them. I used to say “I’m sorry” but I’ve cut that out of my vocabulary unless I’m actually sorry & I’ve noticed that the more direct I am in meetings, the more half-shocked / embarrassed some people (men mostly) get for me. Why? I’m just being direct & speaking my mind the way everyone should… AT WORK. What’s the big deal?
- This father left a heck of a lot of money to his daughters, but with strings attached. Of course.
- How Hermes has become so successful. I can tell you exactly how in a nutshell: They’re geniuses in marketing & know how to reach the upper echelons of shoppers who crave being the only one to own X, Y & Z. Plus they have a signature, bold colour like Tiffany, and their products are impeccably made without any brand cachet dilution like outsourcing all of it to Third World Countries which makes them look cheap & make consumers feel cheated. That’s how.
- Negotiations. How to do it right, in the real world & for something that matters.
- Into Instagram? Check out these popular fashion bloggers’ first and current photos.
- Are you rational? I got 2 out of the 3 right.
- I am sort of obsessed with French artist Stromae right now. Here are two of my favourite songs of his: