In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- If Disney princesses were historically accurate….
- It’s a myth that academic science is not biased against women. I have experienced this in STEM professions. (Hat tip to @InsomniacLabRat)… I always have to try harder than the guy next to me in my job to make people take me seriously.
- A great, great read on how to deal with grief in your life.
- How to compliment little girls in your life. A great article for all adults to read. Stop focusing on beauty.
- What an excellent infographic about what goes into an ordinary pair of jeans at different price points.
- Maybe it’s the Canadian in me, but I do say ‘sorry’ a lot. Women in general should stop saying sorry though..
- A day in the life of your body.
- Still loving this “parenthood in other countries” series by Cup of Jo; the Netherlands is fascinating!
- Looks like Africa will be the new China in outsourcing for cheaper (click on the first link to bypass the paywall)
- I speak like this sometimes but catch myself and force myself to stop it because I don’t think men OR women sound professional otherwise.