April 18, 2015 Sherry of Save. Spend. Splurge.
In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- Parisiennes do have a uniform. Look! And note the chic, low heel heights, please.
- I love Emma Watson. I really do. #HeforShe
- Enough with this Leaning In business; do it but not to the detriment of your happiness and health; be willing to speak up and say emphatically: ENOUGH is ENOUGH.
- Net worth of different age groups in America; I’m in the 90%!
- A woman donated her kidney to a stranger and now they’re married. [Auto Video]
- Dogs are so smart. This one found her fur Mommy in a hospital she had never been to.
- Great look into what it’s like working in the oil industry out in Calgary
- How to age gracefully — I plan on doing this to the T
- Have airmiles, will travel.. for pretty much free.
- Here are 4 ways you might be screwing yourself out of a promotion
- I really want to try this smoothie recipe..
- The TSA is cleaning up, travelers….
- This StoryCorps story (audio) about a single gay man adopting a child just broke my heart. Text here.
- Maternity leave penalizes us at 4% per child but helps a man’s career by 6% per child
- I’m also a huge fan of this initiative by Pharrell to turn plastic into clothing:
The Asian Pear
I love StoryCorps. I seriously get a lump in a throat with every video. The 9/11 videos are incredibly heartbreaking. My favourite one is entitled “Facundo the Great” though. Hilarious. 😀