Save. Spend. Splurge.

Week of Money: Where my kitchen catches on fire and Little Bun breaks out in an allergy


??:?? — I wake up groggy. I am still not quite recovered from the motion sickness of the trip, AND it is flip flopping between sunny and rainy here, so my head is getting really hammered with the pressures, fighting inside my brain.

7:05 a.m. — I grab Little Bun’s milk, and log in to work while I make a tea.

7:59 a.m. — Little Bun does math beside me as I work. I am helping him trace his numbers and learn how to control the pencil.

8:44 a.m. — I build a racetrack with Little Bun out of Megabloks.

9:42 a.m. — The contract I was going to leave, ends up saying they are hiring a third-party firm to replace me (yes that makes sense, it costs about the same amount of money I suspect, and will take three times as long), and I hand in my final resignation. They were assuming I’d stay on with them for the next month to coach and bring them up to speed but they can go #%*# themselves.

10:33 a.m. — My partner starts making fried potatoes for lunch with omelettes.

11:03 a.m. — My partner sets the kitchen on fire by mistake. The oil was too old and it started a grease fire. The kitchen is fine for the most part but there is boiled oil all over the floor and oven. And we are okay. He was just swearing a lot, and the entire place is oily.

12:41 a.m. — Little Bun fed, I have NOT yet eaten because I wanted to make noodles but he was cleaning the entire kitchen of the oil spill, even behind the stove, down the sides… like thorough, soap and water business. <3 I have to tell you, this is what I think of as equality. Instead of telling me it was my job to clean up the mess, he was mad at himself for making the mistake and he did a thorough .. THOROUGH … oven cleaning, oven top opening clean job. So. I go hungry.

12:57 a.m. — And my outfit is cute today. SEE?

1:00 p.m. — My meeting starts to discuss how to replace me. Whatever. I’m irreplaceable (thanks Queen Bey for the song), and I don’t want to stay anyway. I don’t think they know because both directors are yip yapping as if I am still there and I am now just doing HALF my role (isn’t that great EVERYONE?), for the time being rather than my whole role. Fine.

2:15 p.m. — I finally get to a grocery store and buy sushi. I scarf it down like it has never been scarfed down before. I literally did not eat a thing since 7 a.m. .. I actually just had a cup of TEA at 7. OMG…. I was just so busy the whole time, I didn’t think to cook or do anything, and I was looking forward to fried potatoes and eggs 🙁 $16.79

2:38 p.m. — I go and quickly pick up some money I made selling that Marissa Webb dress and the Loeffler Randall sandals that were BOTH too small. UGH. I basically got my money back from buying it off Poshmark, so that’s not so bad. They were both in NEW mint condition when I got them. It offsets the shopping I did in NYC. Serious damage. And I even limited myself in NYC because I wanted WAY MORE than what I got. +$170

3:20 p.m. — I go to Sephora and take advantage of their GENEROUS return policy, to return this scalp treatment I bought in October 2018, because the smell is just making me so sick. I smell it and want to vomit now. I pick up Nars PowerMatte in Starwoman before I realize I already got the colour. D’oh! Maybe I’ll return it and just keep the cash whatever it is. $0.46

3:44 p.m. — I am OB-SESSED with this South African rapper – Dope Saint Jude, particularly with this one song Grrrl Like. It is.. it is SO. GOOD. I love the beat, and if you know anything of my music tastes, I like everything from Britney Spears to Marilyn Manson, to Beyonce to Ariana Grande to songs like this, even rave music. I’ll listen to anything if the beat is great.

4:11 p.m. — I want to eat a KitKat bar but resist because it will make me feel like crap, and I have cannolis to eat in the fridge. Resolve. Steel yourself. I also prep in my mind for our trip tomorrow. It will be a lonngggggg drive but long overdue. I have so many babies to kiss and people to see, and .. you know, NEW CLOTHES TO WEAR. 🙂

4:47 p.m. — So black sesame tea lattes are on the menu in Montreal but are only in Montreal!! I tried to get one in NYC but they didn’t sell them. I was disappointed (for my friend)…

5:11 p.m. — Home. Finally. I am STARVING. I have only eaten ONCE today — the sushi meal — so I am going to make a massive bowl of noodles.

6:25 p.m. — Oh. My partner made a salad and a light meal. I eat that, and a small bowl of noodles.

7:40 p.m. — I start to prep to leave for our trip tomorrow and my partner bursts out angrily that it doesn’t take an hour to load the car and get ready and WASH EVERYTHING!!!!!! He doesn’t want to leave tomorrow. Fine… you only had to tell me!!!! I didn’t know. I can’t read your mind via OSMOSIS if you don’t tell me. I find this is a recurring problem in couples — they all assume you know what they are thinking and if you don’t talk and verbalize your ideas, I have no freakin’ clue. Not to be stereotypical, but the guys I have come up across, are not very talkative about getting their thoughts across.

8:25 p.m. — Bedtime. Little Bun is very excited about going up in the car to another city, but we keep putting it off because of work, because of the packing, whatever. I soothe him and tell him it is coming soon, we just need to be patient.

Earned: $170

Spent: $17.25


??:?? — My partner groans in bed. Apparently his back is twisted. He was doing too much yesterday to prep for the trip, and he moved the futons ALONE without my help or waiting for me, and now it is a minor twist, but bad enough that he can’t sit for extended periods of time.

??:?? — Little Bun runs to the calendar and squeals: TODAY WE ARE GOING!… and I have to gently remind him that it is not today, it is going to be in the next few days, Daddy hurt his back. I give him Trader Joe stickers to stay quiet.

7:24 a.m. — I start the laundry for the cloths. We woke up “late”…

8:02 a.m. — My partner is grating cheese, and Little Bun, like a scavenger, sits up on his chair and makes yummy noises, as in: “Yummy yummy.. yum yum…” and points to the cheese. He desperately wants it so my partner makes pasta with grated cheese for his breakfast.

9:59 a.m. — I lose two hours in trying to organize my Instagram because I am a Type A Alpha who likes things queued up weeks in advance. Ugh. BLOGGING TAKES TIME 🙂 Social media takes up the other half of your time.

10:01 a.m. — Time to do laundry. The power was out, so I had to wait until it came back online. What did we ever do without the internet? I logged in to Hydro and reported the outage, and it told me the ETA for when it would be fixed (which is now). AMAZING.

10:12 a.m. — I really want another black sesame tea. Sort of obsessed. Waiting for my next fix.

10:28 a.m. — I organize my top drawer that holds my rings:

10:35 a.m. — My partner arrives home.

12:00 p.m. — I lie down beside Little Bun to “help” him sleep and I end up falling asleep beside him.

1:46 p.m. — Yep. One and a half hours later. And I don’t even want to get up out of bed, so I lie there until I really have to get up, hearing Little Bun shake his Little Tikes BBQ back and forth, rocking it hard and squealing out a fire alarm noise, pretending it is an ambulance?.. I have no idea. It is making a lot of noise, so I get up.

2:33 p.m. — He turns into a monster and wants to be carried. I can’t because my knee is in pain, and it is really hurting, too bad to carry a 60 lb BABY!.. who can clearly walk without any help at all. He is screaming that he wants $180 to buy whatever apps he wants. He wants all the apps, and now 186 nickels…

3:10 p.m. — Storm over. He now says to no one in particular: “Today, we are going to learn about the letters L and J!”

4:12 p.m. — I got a gift certificate from a friend (<3!!!) for $50. I have to visit the physical store because it doesn’t work online (WTF), so I am debating doing this today, or leaving it for Toronto where I may find more options…..

5:20 p.m. — My partner gets home, we have a light dinner of just salad and some chicken wings, and fresh lemonade.

6:30 p.m. — I do all the dishes.

7:51 p.m. — Time for bed.

Spent: $0


??:?? — I wake up with Little Bun on my chest asking me for milk. My partner gets the bottle and I roll over and close my eyes. After milk, Little Bun flips me over with his hands (pulls on my side to get me on my back) and demands to play an Animal Game (naming animals). I tiredly call out letters and have to rack my brain as to what animals start with them.

??:?? — He grows tired of the game and insists that his stuffed toy wants to now do math. I ask him what kind and he tells me multiplication where he wants to call out the answer. I comply and quiz him until I’m mentally spent. All this before 7 a.m.

6:00 a.m. — I finally get up, my head is pounding (probably on a caffeine detox because there is no milk in the house and therefore I cannot make tea). I schedule a tax payment through PayTM to pay it WITH MY CREDIT CARD (MasterCard only). OMG, imagine the points I have been missing out on, by not using PayTM to pay my tax and municipal bills with my credit card.

7:59 a.m. — I go through emails, schedule about 10 more Instagram posts (these are becoming lengthy now), and then decide I cannot take it. I need a break. I’m doing all of this as Little Bun insists on sitting on my lap and “typing” by opening up Word and using font 144, smashing all the keys to gleefully make up words including ones with weird accents. I need a break from this. I need to go out and breathe air. I dress and peel him off my body (he is clinging to my thigh), promise a bunch of nonsense and make my escape.

9:19 a.m. — I order an Avocado Toast to see what the hype is about and rather like the chili flakes on there. I will be making this myself for cheaper now that I see what goes in it. $9.13

10:20 a.m. — I go and return Nars Powermatte in Starwoman. -$33.28

10:36 a.m. — Grab a matcha tea latte at Starbucks with soy. I was going to get that tea but then I saw the calories were DOUBLE that of a matcha. O_o Better not go crazy with that drink. $5.77

11:04 a.m. — I drop by Banana Republic which is having a 50% off sale. I find perfect high rise premium-denim like jeans with rips for only $52 which means I pay $28 at the end. You cannot beat these prices. $32.26

11:21 a.m. — I check out the new markdowns at Anthropologie and get that collared tank top I was coveting on sale as well as a cool cutout tank. The cutout is a bit large but I can wear a cute bralette underneath.. $60.27

12:33 p.m. — Back home, I make noodles. As I am doing them, I hear Little Bun in the bedroom with his father “meh-meh’ing” with his stuffed toy. He just pretends the toy speaks to avoid napping. He does eventually sleep and from this morning’s activities, he does need it.

12:49 a.m. — My partner is following some doctor’s advice of how kids on average nap until the age of 6 (average napping age) and believes naps are how he grows the most and is why he is so smart. I have no idea if any of this is true but he will stop napping once he is 6 and I am not willing to fight over this given that I have no medical research to say otherwise. Parenting means choosing your battles. I win some, I lose some, others, not worth fighting over. I won’t deny that Little Bun does benefit from these naps (as do we), so meh.

1:46 p.m. — I take advantage of Little Bun still napping, and I eat a green tea KitKat and try on my new clothes.

3:01 p.m. — Little Bun is up, I “meh meh” call & response back to him (he loves it when we speak back to him in his ‘language’) and then hand him milk.

3:56 p.m. — I work on scheduling more Tailwind posts. I want to take him to the park today. It is very nice.

4:26 p.m. — I take Little Bun to the park. It is chilly but we hang there, and I just observe all the parents I don’t really click with … they are kind of snobby to be honest with you.

6:12 p.m. — Dinner time, we eat this “spicy” chicken that isn’t spicy at all, just peppery. Little Bun eats some at the end and liked it.

7:15 p.m. — I do the dishes and Little Bun gets mercilessly tickled in the bedroom, my partner is playing with him.

Returned: $33.28

Spent: $98.30


??:?? — I wake up and the entire city is covered in a beautiful dreamy fog. I quickly grab my camera and take photos.

6:30 a.m. — My partner got milk, so I make a cup of my matcha tea. It is MUCH better at home because I use super high quality Nishio matcha green tea powder, and the flavour is sweet, creamy… not like even at Starbucks where it tastes harsh and grassy.

6:42 a.m. — Little Bun hassles me to do multiplication with his new multiplication machine (it is that orange yellow cross flying machine thing in the middle). It is just a bunch of blocks stuck together but he makes the machine ‘talk’ like a robot and give me the answers when I am quizzing him.

8:08 a.m. — I finally take a “break” and wash dishes. Yes, that counts as a break these days.

10:12 a.m. — We eat eggplant and tomatoes with pasta and cheese, Little Bun loves it, and keeps asking for more. He thought the eggplants were mushrooms.

11:15 a.m. — I head out. I need a break. Little Bun clings to my leg and cries. He doesn’t want Mommy to go out. He wants us both to stay in with him ALL DAY. I am tired and I want to use that Club Monaco $50 credit my sweet friend gifted me <3 …

12:08 p.m. — I find a similar-style romper to the one I bought in white, but in this pretty green and navy. I already have a navy jumpsuit so I go for the green for something different. After discounts, and even that $50 credit, I still pay quite a bit. I hem and haw because maybe I can just return it all and get a simple necklace for $59 and only pay $11-ish bucks instead of $77 to use this credit. I will decide later, this romper really is cute. $77.76

The back is also what I like, a bit of skin, but still covering the bra and easy to get in and out of.

2:15 p.m. — I head home, I sort of want to take Little Bun to the park but it is REALLY windy and the sand gets everywhere… I did stop by a Winners but got overwhelmed with the lines and just left with a headache.

3:26 p.m. — Little Bun greets me happily and I play games with him, read new flap books teaching him about climate change, the earth… they are all by Usborne and really informative and fun.

5:25 p.m. — Dinner of chicken, salad and fresh bread. I am sort of getting sick of this mustard chicken…..

7:22 p.m. — I start laundry, and then dry it. Little Bun hears it beep and comes squealing: MOMMY THE LAUNDRY IS DONE… I don’t even need a timer, I have my baby. <3

8:19 p.m. — Time for bed. I fall asleep, exhausted.

Spent: $77.76


??:?? — Little Bun is screaming, his nose is bleeding and we are all annoyed having woken up in the middle of our deep sleep. I try to keep my eyes closed and keep sleeping, I have to work tomorrow, and Little Bun and his father get up to handle the situation.

7:20 a.m. — We “slept” in and I feel very refreshed but my sleep was interrupted… so I feel good, but you know. Little Bun squeals and plays with his father in bed, where a pillow pretends to eat Little Bun and Little Bun retaliates by eating the pillow, saying: OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!… and the pillow then tries to eat his ears, his feet… it is very cute. And loud.

7:30 a.m. — I log in to work after Little Bun gets his milk.

8:08 a.m. — I make a cup of tea and enjoy it. Little Bun screams that he is hungry, so my partner makes him pasta and cheese. Then he refuses to feed himself, and only picks off the grated cheese that has not melted on the pasta, and then throws a fit when he is unable to eat the pasta on his own with ONE pasta piece per fork rather than 2 stuck together… This is parenting #reallife right now because I am so mentally drained by this exchange. My partner gets annoyed that he is not eating when he said he was hungry, asks him if he is done, and angrily scrapes the WASTED FOOD into the garbage. I am annoyed too, and I tell Little Bun so. I have no idea what is going on. He wants to eat, he is hungry, then he doesn’t want to eat and feed himself. #%(*#%..

8:30 a.m. — Little Bun cries in bed, lying between my legs for “Baby and Mommy Time”, and tells me he is VERY HUNGRY and wants to EAT EVERYTHING. All the things. All the things in the store, the biggest things, the most things.. nothing melted… I just look at him tiredly and say: I don’t know what to say to this. Daddy made you pasta with cheese, you refused to eat it and now you’re hungry? Have some water.

8:41 a.m. — He calms down somewhat, and I manage to get him to agree to make a duck out of Megabloks, and then we play the Duck Game where Mommy Duck has 3 ducklings… and they have to go through a routine of eating, sleeping, napping, flossing, brushing, etc.

8:59 a.m. — I will have to work longer today, with this Little Bun stuff. No worries, he just… I think he was planning on a certain way the week would go (we were going to take a trip but my partner hurt his back), and he is upset it isn’t following his calendar.

10:37 a.m. — Finally. I work solidly… and quietly. Little Bun is watching videos. If the weather is nice, we’ll go to the park later.

11:25 a.m. — I eat lunch with Little Bun, feeding him my eggplant and tomato pasta, sharing with him. Little baby just likes to eat with his Mommy. *sigh* He eats half of it, or more than half. He really like this pasta.

12:08 p.m. — He goes down for his nap as I go out. He’s pouting as I leave but I want to get fruit for him.

12:28 p.m. — I come back with 2 apples and some grapes. The mangoes were awful. $5.31

12:31 p.m. — Back to work. Huge issues, I have a feeling I will be on this all day and all of tomorrow. Oh well. Will be gone soon, can’t wait to leave. Good luck to you all.

1:00 p.m. — Why do you people want to argue with me? I actually DO know better than you in this case, this is black and white, there is no room for interpretation. *SIGH*

1:32 p.m. — Little Bun is up. I clean some grapes and cut them up to feed him. As he is eating them, I am studying his face. He looks… red. Puffy. What is going on? He finishes his grapes, he washes his hands, and as I push up his sleeves to wash his hands, I see pink patches on his forearms. Then I stare at his face more, his eyebrow is red, his chin has some red pink patches…

2:03 p.m. — I take him to the bedroom with light, remove his shirt and pants, and his entire body is covered in pink red welted patches. OMG. WHAT IS THIS. I ask my partner in a weird voice if he fed him anything before the nap. He says “No”, and I can tell immediately what Little Bun has is an allergic reaction. My partner tells me the only thing he ate was the grapes I gave him after the nap, but he has never been allergic to grapes, ever.

2:10 p.m. — I call Info Santé 811 and the nurse is super helpful. She asks me all kinds of questions about coming into contact with other children (No we only went to the park once but he didn’t interact with any kids), does he go to daycare (No), has he eaten anything differently (Not really…)… and then it dawns on me, we don’t really eat eggplants. We had eggplant pasta the other day just by coincidence that my partner wanted to have it, and since he had it for lunch yesterday, it was yummy, and we fed it to him again today. His whole body is welted in big pink patches.

2:25 p.m. — We take him out to the pharmacy to pick up Benadryl for kids. It looks like it is not a fatal allergy, just a light one, like when I eat too much honey or eggs, I also get the same sort of allergic reaction but I can still eat those items.  $11.97

3:18 p.m. — We try to give him the medicine and he is just losing it. He spits it out, won’t drink it. My partner and I tried the very nice way by coaxing him and promising him treats, and finally my partner loses his temper and we get it down his throat by holding him in a chair and making him open his mouth as we syringe it down his throat to get him to swallow it. Before you call child services on me, it is not as violent as you think, children are stubborn monsters, but they need to take medicine to feel better and when you are a parent, you are panicking that it will get worse if they don’t take it and you are imagining the ambulance and hospitals. It is worth those few moments, to avoid stress later. Parenting is about making hard decisions for your kid no matter how they may feel about it in the moment. You’re their parent, not their friend.

4:03 p.m. — He is sobbing, crying, and I take him to the bedroom and explain to him we tried it the Nice Way. We tried the Nice Way for a while, and he still refused, but this is important that he takes his medicine and is scaring Mommy and Daddy and we don’t want to take him to the hospital, and if he doesn’t like the Nice Way, we will do it the Hard Way. He nods, and I repeat myself again for good measure.

6:33 p.m. — We eat a light dinner of chicken, salad, etc. I think he is only allergic to eggplant not to things like potatoes, red peppers or anything else because we have eaten all those other nightshade-family items many times and he has never had a reaction like this. He of course gets all the juicy food all over his last set of clean clothes, and he just goes in a shirt and underwear to bed then.

7:02 p.m. — We play the Ducky Game, and move the Ducky around on the carpet, I quack as Mommy Duck and he uses his other MegaBloks as Baby Ducklings.

8:22 p.m. — Time for bed. I check him over again. Poor baby. At least the welts are going down, and I can see the big pink patches are improving, but an allergic reaction can last for a week, so we have to be vigilant until it is gone.

Spent: $17.28


??:?? — He is making noise and whining. I pat him back to sleep.

6:20 a.m. — Tired. I get up, and my partner says he will put the Benadryl in the milk, I quickly kibosh that because I tried that when he was a baby, calling it “Sweet Milk” when he had roseola and was hitting 40 degree fevers, and he just vomited it up all over me. That was not pleasant. I tell him he will take the medicine first, then drink milk.

6:23 a.m. — We coax Little Bun out of the bedroom, blind as a bat (no glasses on), half disoriented, and tell him it is time to take his medicine nicely. He gets two full syringes of it, and my partner, tries to do one whole syringe in one gulp but Little Bun just spits it back out because he can’t swallow that much in one go (#ParentingLearningMomentForMyPartner) and then I soothe him as I see Little Bun is about to burst into tears for having not taken in the medicine in one go, and my partner thinks he is being ornery again and trying to avoid the medicine by making a mess and spitting it out.

6:25 a.m. — I tell him it is okay, and that Daddy will do it little bit by bit, gulp by gulp because it is hard for him to take it all in one go, right? .. He nods on the verge of tears and bleats that I MUST clean up the mess right now on the floor because it is dirty. I grab a kitchen towel and toss it blindly on the syrup on the floor to appease him. (On the plus side, he is a clean child…)

6:30 a.m. — We gently do it one tap of a syringe at a time, and he takes in two full syringes. I praise him, kiss him and tell him that was very well done and he did a great job, YAY!!!!! … He smiles, and says: I DID IT THE NICE WAY! .. Not the hard way! It was sweet. I took my medicine the NICE WAY …. and I nod and tell him he did a great job.

7:00 a.m. — We play the Cars game (we just zoom cars over the carpet)… and then I tell him I have a call, and I go to get dressed to go to the lobby to dial in.

8:00 a.m. — Dialed in. The doorman wasn’t around so I had to wait (I knew I did), and I get into the room just in time.

9:16 a.m. — Constant calls. I am going to inform one of the guys I work with (a manager) that I am not staying and to give him the real story why. I also plan on telling one of the other women I work with, because she knows what I have been going through, just to make sure the story doesn’t get twisted by managers.

11:34 a.m. — Little Bun’s allergy seemed better but then I got on a call Little Bun would NOT STAY QUIET so I had to go half naked into the hallway (NO REALLY I just had a short nightie on) to finish it while he stayed inside the apartment screaming his head off. I come back, he is all pink-faced and red from screaming. And now he is coughing and his allergy has flared up again it seems. We feed him Benadryl again. He goes down for his nap right after, coughing. I hope the coughing is from all the dang SCREAMING HE DID and not from the allergy and his throat closing. He seems fine, and is playing fine, active… just tired and needs a nap.

12:17 p.m. — Well today was interesting. I had to tell a bunch of people I was leaving and the reaction across the board was stress, shock and anger. I put a few feelers out to certain people I feel I could trust just to tell them that I am not leaving because I want to but they are putting me in a bad position with this monthly contract thing, and the fact that I am not happy working for these people. I just want to do my job and work with them, but this is not an option right now. I put it out there that I want to work DIRECTLY with them, so we will see where it goes. I know they aren’t happy.

12:29 p.m. — I do not necessarily want this dress (it looks like a maxi, and this girl is an Amazon I am sure, so this would look dowdy on me), but I like the FEEL of this outfit. Leather strapped sandals, breezy sundress, lots of leg… I can definitely replicate this.

12:39 p.m. — My skin has been breaking out like crazy — chin, lip, cheek.. huge inflamed, painful, whiteheads. UGH.

1:44 p.m. — Little Bun is up from his nap, screaming and crying. I get his milk and then I hear silence and no more drinking sounds, so I have a dread in my heart he has had an anaphylactic shock and I run to the bedroom in a panic. He turned around and went back to sleep. I gently pick up the bottle and pat his bum as he dozes off.

1:47 p.m. — The door opens, and he thunderstomps out. I guess he didn’t want to go back to sleep after all. I check him, and his face looks much better after the Benadryl but we may need to dose him again in a few more hours. I see patches on his fingers now. I guess the allergy is making its way to the joints and ends of the fingers.

3:05 p.m. —  LOTS OF CALLS. Everyone seems to know now that I am gone and are kind of freaking out.

5:42 p.m. — I check Little Bun thoroughly. He is starting to get hives again. I am panicking. Do allergic reactions last THIS LONG and keep repeating in different areas over and over again??

6:03 p.m. — He very nicely drinks all of his medicine. He even asks for it so he can ‘feel better’.

6:29 p.m. — We eat a light dinner.

7:45 p.m. — Little Bun looks much better now. But will he wake up with another reaction tomorrow? This is stressful. He is playing nicely right now and I am not daring to breathe just in case he sees me move and realizes he has Mommy around as a potential playmate. I just quietly Instagram and go through my notes.

8:20 p.m. — Time for bed.

??:?? p.m. — I hear him coughing and he is wheezing, is his throat closing!? .. I can barely sleep now. I listen intently to hear if he is still breathing, and breathing well.

Spent: $0


??:?? — I barely slept all night worrying about if he would have a terrible reaction come back against during the night and I wouldn’t know.

6:00 a.m. — Wow. He looks much better. Totally clear. I check him again and again. Phew. It did only last a few days.

6:20 a.m. — I log in and work. I get an earlier start because of yesterday.

8:08 a.m. — Quick break for a tea.

9:15 a.m. — They want me to interview someone who supposedly does my job to have her as an employee. Isn’t this f*cking awkward?

10:08 a.m. — I am getting hungry. Should I eat? Or wait for the bread…

11:15 a.m. — I wait for the PIZZA and we end up eating it happily.

12:16 p.m. — Little Bun goes down for his nap. His two eyes started swelling again, and we give him the last of the Benadryl. I dress, ready to go out and buy medicine ASAP when he wakes up, if he is not better by then.

12:18 p.m. — I break open a KitKat. Just a regular one, not a matcha green tea one. I wanted to go out today but I am trying to teach myself to not just leave and mindlessly wander around shops and SHOP, so I am staying in, and working on the blog. Got lots of posts I have to write.

1:25 p.m. — My partner heads out to get more Benadryl for Little Bun. His cheeks are flaring up.

1:40 p.m. — Little Bun is up, I cut some grapes for him.

4:00 p.m. — I work, take three calls, then log off for the day.

4:29 p.m. — My partner comes home, and we obsessively check Little Bun for more allergy rashes and patches.

4:33 p.m. — He seems to be pink again. Another dosage of Benadryl.

5:34 p.m. — Dinner – omelette, egg and bread. Little Bun gobbles all of it up. At least his appetite is still good.

7:18 p.m. — I do all the dishes, put away the laundry I forgot about from yesterday (#MomBrain)…

8:36 p.m. — I wash my face, apply a huge layer of acne medication to try and get my skin back to ‘normal’. I was so used and spoiled to clear, smooth skin (albeit the tone was all off with acne scars and pigmentation), but at least I could just slap on a layer of foundation lightly, and look like I had great skin. This bumpy skin business is depressing me. I will say that looking back at old videos and photos 5 years ago of myself, my skin has seriously improved.

8:47 p.m. — I lie down and try to read a book. I want to go get some nailpolish tomorrow that is 9-free, and the only one without the 9 toxic ingredients and is water-based is Acquarella. I’ll buy a nice deep pink to start, and see how it goes. I can bring it into salons to use instead of what they normally put on my feet…

Spent: $0


Want more? Read all of my previous Week of Money Diaries.

Post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *