What has changed style-wise since I’ve gone back to work
I guess it can all be summed up as:
COMFORT IS KEY.
- Really hitting the masculine + feminine vibe hard
- Flats not heels (though I do love them but am less tolerant), perhaps low wedges are okay
- Clothes must fit impeccably… which links to
- …looser cuts of clothing being more comfortable and not quite needing to be so severely tailored & sharp
- More neutral colours, less bright colours & prints
- No logos or anything recognizable unless it can’t be helped (e.g. Ray-Ban Polarized cockpit sunglasses or my Longchamp Neo Pliage)
- Skirts are midi-length or lower than the knee because when you sit, it riiiides up and it shows a lot of thigh *cough*
- Jewellery is a little daintier and yet simpler and bolder
- I’m wearing LESS jewellery, usually just a watch at best (my favourite being this Olivia Burton’s version, which I covet in rose gold)
- Avoid very little bright and flashy things
- Daily makeup worn (at least a tinted moisturizer; it really does make a big difference, my favourite is the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue)
- Eyeliner is sharp, super thin, barely there, and not smudgey or thick which means I am way more into a very thin LIQUID eyeliner not a pencil one, having a real love for DollyWink and Physician’s Formula eyeliner.
- Conscious of status a lot more as in how much I make compared to others (not that I wasn’t before); and how what I say and do about my time on and off says a lot about my own social status. This is probably a holdover from playgroup :-\
PURSES / BAGS
- Feel like a sherpa
- I carry less crap for myself
- I always need to remember to carry stuff for Baby Bun and it feels weird to NOT tote around wet wipes, spare underwear, spare pants and spare socks.