Pregnancy / Baby Question: What should I pack to go to the hospital?
(I do not know what happened but when I first published this post, the comments section disappeared completely from the page, so I had to re-publish it to restore the comments.
Sorry! I had no idea until Mel emailed me, as I was getting comments on other posts.
I was wondering why no one was commenting…)
Okay I need some help, suggestions.. what have you!
What should I pack to go to the hospital before delivering the baby?
I want to be ready for everything, but I am getting a lot of confusing tips from people (*cough* mom *cough*) telling me to pack toilet paper for instance. 😐
Here’s my list so far:
- List of phone numbers / people to call (I do not use a cellphone … at all. I need paper for this.)
- Address of the hospital and where to go (I forget stuff when I panic and am in pain)
- Ontario Health card
- Nursing pads for nipples
- Maternity bras / Nursing tanks
- Breast Pump
- Lanolin (for nipples)
CLOTHING / PERSONAL CARE
- 2 changes of loose, comfortable clothes
- 3 pairs of socks and a pair of slippers to walk the hospital halls
- Old warm robe or sweater (just in case)
- Maternity maxi pads
- Hospital mesh panties (to hold up those maxi pads)
- Maternity underwear
- Lip Balm
- Hand cream
- Headband / Hair ties
- Toiletries (just like if I were to travel away for the weekend – deodorant, shampoo, etc)
- Own bath towel
- Pen and Paper
- Digital camera, camera card, charger and battery
- Entertainment like a Kobo Glo (for reading material) or an iPod for music
- Swaddling blankets
- Burp Cloths
- Baby Diapers (*We have no choice but to buy disposables just for the hospital stay, as it is not practical to bring cloth diapers and to try and use / wash them there…)
- Baby Toiletries: Emery boards for instance
Baby Car Seat (already installed in the car)