In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- OMG. A lofted bed closet. It’s a bed on top of your walk-in closet. A brilliant idea for super small tiny spaces.
- What’s your price? Could your dignity and pride be purchased? Revanche hits it out of the park. “What if I’d been offered an easier way out that could have saved Mom some suffering, for some unspecified obedience or compliance, all those years ago? Would I have swallowed my pride and taken it?”
- When in the frakkin’ world did it EVER become acceptable to send a picture of one’s genitalia as a form of courtship? Anyway, this Online Dating recap was excellent & encouraging to all singletons out there.
- I am not sure about investing in a Hermès Birkin handbag at $10,000 – $100,000 but it beat out stocks and bonds.
- What do chefs pack for their kids for lunches? Umm.. can I volunteer to be adopted by one of them? 🙂
- More on China’s fuerdai or the super, uber, ridiculous rich children living in Vancouver, Canada. I’m 50% envious, and 50% pitying … part of life for me was struggling and they never had to struggle for anything, which makes me wonder if they (a) appreciate all that they have and (b) really live.. life.
- I love Tory Burch’s concept of style, and now she’s launching Tory Sport to obtain a footing in the “athleisure” market where it’s preppy sportswear that is acceptable to wear outside. Oxymoron? Maybe. I only own one pair of (now ripped from Baby Bun-ness) sweatpants, but I never would have ever imagined wearing them outside, until I saw this:
- Speaking of athleisure… Technical cashmere? Like cashmere in sportswear? What’s the point. I’m still a fan of at least 50% cashmere in sweaters, if not 100%.
- Income equality can certainly destroy friendships if you let it. Only my very closest friends know how much I earn and save. I can count them on one hand & I do not take them for granted. <3
- Working a lot doesn’t mean that you’re actually productive. I can work a lot less & achieve the same results if I was given the choice. Ideally my workweek would be 20 hours, but this is a great question — why do we work so much?
- NYC Grand Central Terminal secrets. I like the mistake made with the constellation being painted backwards and the secret room…
- [Video below] I use all of these 5 styling tricks to make any outfit so much better in the mornings however I did not know about the hairband on the sleeve trick for Tip #5… Well worth a quick watch.