In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
I found some seriously great style blogs I’m absolutely in love with (no, they’re not 20, or 30-something waifs, but older, some in their 60s!), because they have some killer style.
I covet their looks, and love seeing them document their attitude and outfits for me to copy & admire, my favourites are:
- The Middle Page is my absolute favourite of the bunch and she dresses the most like me right now (see above); this is the kind of grandmother I’ll be in the future, I guarantee it.
- Accidental Icon is so thoughtful with every post (makes me think), and fearless. She wears things I wouldn’t dare! Amazing style.
- Not Dead Yet is a fellow thrifter (yes I am now considered one of the fold), and her colour pairings are very pretty.
This is what else I found this week:
- The French are dedicated to food quality and it’s no lie. Just in case you missed my guest post over at Distant Francophile, take a hop on over there. I made it a funny, but true one.
- This will probably always be the most stylish work tote for me. Just waaaaay out of my price range unless found secondhand.
- My husband makes $240K and I make $36K. I used to make more. .. I really liked this article, it reminded me a lot of myself. I love that they think of it as “us” and not HE makes this and SHE makes this. We’re kind of the same, my partner and I. We both make the same amount of money (when we work), and he has been nothing but supportive.
- I have NOWHERE to wear these very pretty rose gold super high cutout heels, ever, and yet I am still drawn to them like a moth to a flame.
- I guess I’m not a freak for letting Baby Bun co-sleep with me in our family bed which happens to be a futon on the floor. I would LIKE to sleep alone as I would sleep better not having a foot smashed into my face at night, but Baby Bun sleeps much better with us and feels more secure at night doing so. I can remember feeling the same way when I was a child up until the age of 7, so I guess he takes after me 😉 I’ve always thought it doesn’t make him any more dependent on me because I did it with my family & turned out perfectly fine, confident and super independent.
- I have been eying feminine loafers for a long time because it ties very nicely to my aesthetic of feminine + masculine, M. Gemi making a pair in this natural shade I am coveting, but this grey pair from Karl Lagerfeld looks very similar. Has anyone tried his brand yet?
- I love funny reviews, and this one for wine made me giggle.
- I got some samples from Sephora of this Ole Henriksen Night Treatment and am amazed. It is surprisingly good, and I am seeing my skin glow, seem more even-toned and my spots disappear. I am waiting a month or so back on my old regimen to see if it’s a fluke. Has anyone tried this stuff yet?
- Lauren Hutton is the face of Bottega Veneta, and she makes me want to pair red and pink now.
- I know I have been such a huge fan of Replica’s Beachwalk, but their Fireplace one smells like marshmallows roasting on an smoky open wood fire.. It is such a good scent for winter.
- Would you give up makeup? For me, no. I like wearing it, especially for work but as of late I have been focusing on skincare (French-style) and avoiding makeup until my skin is perfected. I am giving it a break from foundation etc, but I do agree that I feel and look better & more confident with a little makeup – concealer, eyeliner, mascara at least.
- So I tried the much touted NARS concealer but was underwhelmed. It covered well, and looked quite good and natural but it wasn’t amazing. I would need two coats I think, and ain’t nobody’s got time for that. Next on my list: Urban Decay’s Concealer.