What I liked this week:
Count me OFF this list of Millennial women who love this blush, salmon pink colour.
A long time ago in the magazine Real Simple, I read that salmon pink was one of those universally flattering colours for all skin tones (along with navy blue, and eggplant if I recall correctly).
I find the colour terrible but will concede that this is a sophisticated version of Barbie Girl + Bubblegum pink…
Or maybe it just needs time to seep into my fashion subconscious, à la The Devil Wears Prada…
- Who really won the Rio Olympics? I posit that we should do it by GDP and/or population for the TRUE winner. Also, how about the budget spent on Olympians? Canada spends near to $0 on them as I recall, and Olympians have to take on jobs to cover their expenses, whereas in the U.S. I think it is more like a business… the business of winning.
- I think this is the most beautiful iPad mini case I’ve seen in a long time.
- Negotiate. Negotiate. NEGOTIATE. This is how you do it.
- I LOVE this striped maxi dress, it looks so comfortable and is way more stylish than most maxi dresses. If you don’t like maxi dresses, this striped midi one looks comfortable & great for work.
- I’m really not a fan of jean jackets because I can’t reconcile my style with one… I’d much rather wear a leather moto jacket (I love this one, but this one is way more affordable), but here’s a good post on how to find your perfect jean jacket.
- Check out Adina’s mouth-wateringly beautiful library!! I love it, but I’ll stick to my e-reader because I don’t want to have so much stuff everywhere. I’m already trying hard to keep Baby Bun’s library down to a minimum and it is HARD.
- I have a similar white wrap skirt to this one, and it is INCREDIBLY versatile even for work or on the weekend.
- Creative ways to use a mason jar that you’ll never see on Pinterest. I don’t agree with the spider one though.. just take a piece of paper, slide it underneath, and release the spider to safety without killing it.
- I am a serious fan of striped shirts, and this striped top has been a staple in my wardrobe from seasons back. I wish I bought doubles in cobalt blue.
- I love the design aesthetic of this designer-for-celebrities (François Catroux), all neutrals, minimalist, and comfortable. Apparently women control the design of the home but airplanes and boats are a man’s domain. I also don’t hear anything about women being the moguls, it is the man who holds the purse strings.
- Is it wrong to want this gorgeous crepe jump suit? I feel like it’s like a romper and I wouldn’t be able to comfortably go to the bathroom easily but… daaaaamn it is hot.
- My absolute favourite decade is the one we are in now, or the 1940s-1950s for fashion. If you want to see all the fashion and handbags from decades past until today, check out The Asian Pear’s compilation post.
- I own these sandals (not in this stunning rose gold though), and they are ridiculously comfortable as flats.
- My partner is a bit of a grump sometimes, and I am the opposite (super optimistic which makes him grumpier). I can see him living to 100, based on this article of how grumpy people live longer, happier, richer lives.
- This is the #1 ring everyone loves the most on my Instagram.
- Video below: “Unplug that clock boy, you can’t tell time when you sleep. It’s $0.02 an hour.” — Everybody Hates Chris & Money