In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- The line between dating and whoring seems to have become blurred in recent years. This is such an interesting article about Sugar Daddies & Sugar Babies. (I HATE the terms though. *shudder*) I suppose to many girls what is the difference between ‘sugaring’ and dating a guy and giving away the proverbial milk for free anyway? I also feel really sad for our society, that some men also have body image issues and think that no one will ever love them unless they pay them.
- I am seriously jonesing for this coral pink dress. It looks effortless for only $48.
- The Devil Wears Prada is one of my (still) all-time favourite movies to watch and re-watch again. Meryl Streep was part of that lure as well, because she is AMAZING. That film, along with Pretty Woman of course, so it was really great to read about how the film’s wardrobe came about.
- This floral print top makes me think of that Gucci Flora print but this one is only $34.50…
- If you’re interested, here’s an account of a Sugar Baby Firsthand, 4 years earning $300,000 or $75,0000 a year. But after a while it must feel empty for many, who then long for intimacy and love without purse strings attached.
- I am still fighting hard to control my desire for this striped dress because it looks so simple but so chic.
- What financial health means to Revanche, and it is a MUST READ. She is amazing. It doesn’t mean you’re a saint either though.
- I have a slight obsession with gingko leaves so this necklace makes me so happy, it is a real statement piece for only $30, but this ring is also fabulous and handmade from recycled brass, so it costs a little more.
- It is sad how common a$$holes like this exist in all industries.
- BEST. JEANS. EVER. Well worth the price tag.
- These designer makes all the power jackets on Capitol Hill, but I am wondering if we could just find a less dowdy alternative off the racks like a open shawl collar jacket or something. Maybe they fit well but they don’t look as great as they could.. or maybe it’s just me.
- This stylish chic bracelet is so delicate and beautiful…
- Tim has really gone through all the alternate realities of his early retirement. It’s interesting to hear his thoughts and to get some ideas…
- I like the colourblock of blue on top of this stylish and comfortable jersey striped maxi dress.
- I learned a lot about Aussie slang in this short video.
- Quick, my favourite cashmere travel wrap is on sale right now.
- Parenting in Thailand. They do family bed to the extreme! I don’t feel so weird about doing it with Baby Bun now, and I also don’t do date nights or go away on vacations alone with my partner. I feel so.. normal. Maybe I’m a closeted Thai just living in another part of the world. My only question is why are older men “uncle” but older women “grandma”. I smell sexism here.
- I die. This knotted belt is gorgeous…