You can ask any question using the form here.
I know you used to depend on an iPod Touch and didn’t have a smartphone, but I thought I saw a reference to an iPhone recently. Do you have a smartphone now? If so, what do you like/dislike about it compared to your previous system.
Yes! I recently bought an iPhone. I took the XS Max in 512GB. I basically got the biggest phone with the biggest storage I could because I plan on running it down until it literally dies.
I still have an iPhone 4S from back in the day that we use as a house phone.
I felt it was needed to upgrade because it started to get to the point where I needed a data plan to hot spot myself when I was working away from home. I couldn’t rely on wifi networks.
What I like
- I can call anyone any time I like and hotspot anyone who needs it
- I have access to the internet all the time.. this is HUGE. And my data plan is 8GB a month
- The camera is much better than on the iPod Touch – my photos look professional now
- I can finally access Instagram (I could not have it before on my iPod Touch, you need and actual phone)
- ..actually, I can access a LOT of apps that needed the internet before to work, and would always fail on my iPod Touch
What I hate
- People can call me any time they want. I usually just ignore their calls or let it go to voicemail.
- This phone is HUGE. And HEAVY. It hurts my hands after holding it for a while. My iPod touch was so light compared to this.
- I am on the phone a lot more than my iPod Touch because I have access to the internet all the time rather than waiting for wifi
- It was expensive AF and the 8GB plan is expensive but I did not want to worry about data plans etc
All in all, more likes than hates. I love the huge screen on the phone, which make browsing and working on things a lot easier (I can even work from my phone which is great), but a smaller, wifi-less device was really not that bad except when I really need it or wifi to work.
I am always connected which is both good and bad in my opinion.