Are you mentally strong or just following the herd?
Thought I’d share this great list with you:
Mentally strong people DO NOT do the following:
- Waste time feeling sorry for themselves – I do wallow in a pity party from time to time but I get over it.
- Give away their power – I do not do this.
- Shy away from change – I also do not do this. Change is good.
- Waste energy on things that they can’t control – Again, something I have learned not to do.
- Worry about pleasing others – I worry a tiny bit, but I recognize that and try not to let it take over.
- Fear taking calculated risks – I take risks, but I cannot say all of my risks have been ‘calculated’.
- Make the same mistakes over and over – I do make the same mistakes, but not more than twice, max.
- Resent other peoples’ success – I do admit to feeling a bit jealous at times but this is something I get over.
- Give up after failure – It can be disheartening to fail, but I cope well after a little pity party (with fudge).
- Fear alone time – I crave it sometimes.
- Feel the world owes them anything – Nope. I do not feel this way nor do I understand those who do.
- Expect immediate results – I am impatient, but I know things take time.
Read the entire list with explanations here.
Basically, you have to practice at being mentally strong or else you will never become strong.
None of this comes easily to anyone, and it takes hard work to reach any kind of strength.
You have also try a lot, and be prepared to fail a lot, or else how do you expect to get the experience you need to become stronger?