Save. Spend. Splurge.

A Week of Money: Where nothing goes right


??:?? — I sleep pretty solidly after I managed to actually calm my brain down to sleep except for a few times when Little Bun got tangled in the covers and said: Mamaaaa!!! Stuck!!!! Help!!! I woke up from my deep sleep and helped him get sorted out and then fell back asleep until my partner woke up early to shower and prep Little Bun’s and his lunches.

6:30 a.m. — As my partner leaves I figure it is around 6:30 ish, so I get up and it is bang on the dot 6:30.

6:32 a.m. — I do my skincare (omg my skin is softer than Little Bun’s cheeks!) and as it dries, I make a cup of tea.

6:36 a.m. —I grab my lunch then start getting dressed as I hear Little Bun wake up wailing: “NO SCHOOL TODAY!!!!!”, rubbing his eyes… it is going to be one of those $&”!? Days. I try to tell him it is Snow Day at Preschool but no luck.

7:02 a.m. — The whole morning turns into $&@? as I try to get dressed, and get him dressed and get out the door. I yelled at least 5 times until he finally listens. I don’t have time for this crap in the morning. I’m sick and exhausted. I only manage to distract him with an #OOTD shot. I kind of love my outfit today. I take a shot with Little Bun’s “help” (he’s my stylist). It is the only time of the day he stopped crying because he loves “helping Mommy“.

7:42 a.m. — We make it to preschool, he isn’t swayed by stickers, Cheerios or snow and I just leave him sobbing as I make my fatigued escape.

8:15 a.m. — I get to work and am tired already with people saying “No, impossible”… and all this other $@&@?!. This day is going to suck. SUCK. JUST SUCK. I hate the word “Impossible”, it’s just a substitute for “I don’t want to do that because I don’t know how and/or I’m lazy.” Just going to prove them wrong. *shrug*

11:02 a.m. — I duck out early for yoga and on the way there call a few companies to shop around for new insurance rates on my car. They’re pretty low as-is, but let’s see if I can save money.

12:08 p.m. — The frustration I feel with dealing with TD Insurance is beyond comparison. First they cycle me through 3 agents who each in turn, ask me my full name, date of birth and affiliations for any rebates, and when I finally get to an agent (who yes, asks me my full name, date of birth and affiliations AGAIN), she has the most annoying way of speaking where she ends every sentence with an “uh”, which is very French, but I am in no mood to find it cute today. It is annoying, she spells my name wrong at least 4 times, and then asks the most roundabout questions that they expect you to know but as a car insurance n00b you have no idea what they’re saying. 2-way? I am not asking for a ménage à trois lady, I just want a car quote. Then I finally realize she means the INSURANCE is applied both ways — to the driver and the other party.

12:09 p.m. — I flop on my mat. I need yoga today. And WHOA is the room full. Also, someone beside me is “omming” OFF KEY at the start. It’s kind of grating… I wish they would just om softly, or at least shift a tone down so it is a more pleasant, and less jarring “ommm”. Everything and everyone is annoying me today. I’m so short-tempered but like a bull in a china shop I can’t stop it.

1:12 p.m. — I eat my lunch.

1:44 p.m. — Still hungry, I duck out for some extra nosh. I shouldn’t, I REALLY SHOULDN’T but I am too hungry. $11.75

4:15 p.m. — I leave for the day. My brain hurts. I am dealing with too many “No-Nos” today, and they should just all accept that I’m right because I AM RIGHT. You can’t argue against an equation. It .. you just can’t. This is not something you can interpret, but they’re all trying to spin doctor this to see another angle and there IS NO OTHER ANGLE. IT DOESN’T WORK.

4:23 p.m. — I go to grab Little Bun and he is walking really awkwardly like he has a stick up his bum. I joke he needs to poo… but then I think maybe he does, so I put him on the potty. I go to wipe him after I think he hasn’t pooed, and I realize he pooed IN HIS PANTS ALREADY. WTF. ARRRRRG. I go and grab fresh underwear from his cubby, a wet bag, change him carefully, dump the poo in the potty, and try to wipe his bum as much as I can because now it is smeared everywhere (he sat on it, everything, it’s ground into the underwear at this point). ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH.

5:56 p.m. — We finally get cleaned up and go to eat our snack in the lobby while people are all heading home. It’s nice to relax with him before going home.

6:19 p.m. — At home. No traffic! I drove slowly anyway because it is DARK and I can’t see people walking with their dark coats on and no reflective gear. Everything is so dang dark, I’m squinting… we should have either more lights, or force pedestrians in winter to wear reflective gear. This is really dangerous and I worry all the time I’ll hit someone who thinks I can see them BUT I CAN’T!

6:37 p.m. — I toss the laundry into the dryer (am NOT leaving that poo to fester), and make myself a cup of tea while Little Bun watches “Daddy’s videos” (videos in French, not English).

6:59 p.m. — You know that feeling like you have a ton to do.. and don’t know where to start and how to complete any of it? I’m there now. SO MUCH TO DO. AND NOTHING CAN BE DONE RIGHT NOW. *antsy*

6:59 p.m. — #@#$!%* NOSEBLEED. And my partner normally stocks all the hydrogen peroxide and cotton squares in one area in the bathroom but has recently re-organized so nothing is #@#$%! WHERE IT SHOULD BE. #@#$!!! I wander around, bleeding a fountain from my nose while I crack open a new bottle of peroxide and fresh cotton squares.

Spent: $11.75


5:30 a.m. — I wake up super early and kiss Little Bun after trying to get him to go back to sleep (no dice). I check the clock and it is 5:30. Ugh.

5:32 a.m. — I hack up a lung in the bathroom then start my tea and grab my lunch.

5:47 a.m. — My partner wakes up.

6:07 a.m. — We both start getting ready to go and Little Bun lets out an ear splitting shriek as I’m done dressing and makeup, screaming: “NO SCHOOL! TODAY IS FRIDAY! STAY HOME WIF DADDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!” I don’t want to do this again. I try being calm, giving him options but 30 minutes later I AM DONE. DONE. D-O-N-E. My partner can’t help me so he escapes. Lucky SOB.

6:48 a.m. — I end up threatening Little Bun and and we make it to the car.

7:07 a.m. — I get to the garage early but it is broken so there is a line of cars waiting. All these guys come out to “fix it” and in the end they just force it open with brute strength and hold it while we all drive in.

7:17 a.m. — I leave Little Bun at preschool who grabs raisin packs and goes to sit but bursts into tears and runs after me as I go to leave. He makes it to the door and I am SPRINTING THE EFF AWAY like Nike the Greek Goddess.

7:20 a.m. — I get to the office and am exhausted already.

11:47 a.m. — I work until yoga time and head off. I actually don’t feel in the mood for it but I force myself to go even while feeling sick.

1:10 p.m. — I end up during class managing to hold my half headstand at least 2-3 times finding a balance in the forearms and the head. I am flushed with happiness. I can’t believe it!! Then I manage to hold the full back bend (Wheel Pose) for 5 breaths, twice!!!!!

1:15 p.m. — I get out of yoga early to grab a salad to eat, and as I’m dressing my favourite Olivia Burton bee watch falls to the ground and cracks, broken. Eff me. EFFFFFFF MEEE. Why am I so goddamn stupid and why did I put that in my pant pocket this time instead of in my bag where I normally store it? Why?!? WTF SHERRY.

1:17 p.m. — I let out a whimper. I love this watch. Now I need to buy a replacement.

1:34 p.m. — I get my salad. $22 (It is super fancy)

2:00 p.m. — I get to the office, eat my pasta and my salad. I’m sorely disappointed in it because the rice is not cooked, it just isn’t good. Just a bad day overall.

5:19 p.m. — I finish up on a few issues and then before I get sucked into another, I leave and pick up Little Bun.

5:21 p.m. — Little Bun has major nosebleeds all day and now there is another thing I have to handle.

6:27 p.m. — We head home, have a nice yummy grilled chicken dinner (last day to grill!) and I do all the dishes, and start prepping for tomorrow.

8:56 p.m. — I end up getting sucked into this present I’m making for everyone and it takes me all the way to bedtime, I was so engrossed. Damn!!! Time for bed. I hustle Little Bun into bed and collapse exhausted, hacking up a lung a few times.

Spent: $22


??:?? — I wake up hacking all morning and then get Little Bun’s milk, take him to the bathroom and collapse beside him trying to sleep some more. I am seeing my doctor today for more birth control pills, an inhaler and maybe antibiotics for this cough that is getting worse.

6:00 a.m. — As I get ready, I put my lunch in my bag and grab my laptop because tonight is also Little Bun’s parent committee and I want to attend. My partner wanted to go too but wasn’t sure
who would watch Little Bun. He is at home today with him so I’ll go talk for the both of us.

6:12 a.m. — I finish my green tea. I’m pondering a chai latte on the way to the doctor’s today.

6:34 a.m. — I remind him to give me 5 more photos he wants of Little Bun. He nods and says “Do you have them“? Gah.

6:55 a.m. — I turn on my laptop and put all these photos on a key for him to choose from.

6:59 a.m. — I grab my stuff to finally leave and Little Bun kisses me goodbye and says (unprompted): “I love you!!!!“ My heart melts. “I love you too”, I tell him. He runs off to his father.

7:02 a.m. — As I close the door, I hear him run back screaming: “MOMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Mommmyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!” WTF happened. I sigh. I thought it was fine but I guess he just realized that I’d leave. Well. I’m gone now.

7:28 a.m. — I get to the office and realize I forgot my lunch. $&@?!…. I do not have it together this week. This week is just.. crap. Being sick doesn’t help my brain.

7:32 a.m. — I finally remember to grab my dirty yoga wear out of my bag to bring home and at least I remembered my laptop to work after work while I’m waiting for the Parent Meeting.

7:40 a.m. — I grab a tea and it is too busy in the cafeteria for me this morning. I don’t want to talk to anyone. I’m tired. I grab my water before it is hot and bring my tea down to work.

7:47 a.m. — My tea strainer had some leftover lemongrass from yesterday and the flavour is kind of cool with the chocolate macaroon…. I might mix it again today. How neat.

8:32 a.m. — I hack up a lung, take 2 calls from directors.

9:18 a.m. — I then rush off to take the bus to the doctor’s. I have a half hour window to finish the appointment and make the bus in time back for mid morning. Maybe I’ll grab a Chai on the way.

9:28 a.m. — No time on the way. I wait for the bus and realize I forgot my gloves. Brrrrr. I need to keep them in the jacket next time

9:29 a.m. — It’s a long walk back from the Starbucks so I decide I won’t bother with one today. Maybe. On the bus, I’m really frakking happy I bought these Bose headphones. Wireless, perfect acoustic sound (I owned one of their first pairs and they have made great improvements), and it keeps my ears warm! $2.25

9:33 a.m. — I have to bring a Christmas treat for this dinner. Ugh, I’ll bring soda I think. It is the easiest and I can transport it in my car. I’m making notes while on the bus because my brain won’t shut off.

9:45 a.m. — I consider taking another metro and bus back to save $2.25 (will be within the 2-hour window and it is considered part of the trip if you don’t take the same bus or metro), but decide against it. It adds 20 minutes of walking and it is rainy and COLD today.

9:50 a.m. — At the doctor’s, I sit and wait.

9:59 a.m. — Inside, I get a refill on the pills, and she checks me for bronchitis (I’m fine), and suggests I neti pot my nose before and after I sleep.

10:08 a.m. — Afterwards, I decide I’ve missed the bus back and I get my prescription refilled. $62.87

10:22 a.m. — I grab my stuff and as I get to the intersection I see the bus!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. I’m sprinting to the bus stop to make the the bus. Otherwise I’m going to come back late and will have to stay later to make up for it. Luckily the traffic lights change as the bus approaches and I get on. $2.25

10:56 a.m. — In the end I decide to drop off to pick up my lunch (forgot mine at home, remember?) and a Chai Latte from Starbucks. I take my favourite Chicken & Artichoke sandwiches (two of them) and I see it as a great sign that they stocked it. YUM. $21.33

11:22 a.m. — I walk back to the office awkwardly balancing it all, a notebook, my pass, the drink and two sandwiches. How do men do this without a bag?

11:33 a.m. — I reload my Starbucks card at the office. $20

12:00 p.m. — At the office I have two calls and two meetings and I head off to yoga.

1:03 p.m. — At yoga I stretch it out, and am feeling super sick so I’m not really pushing today.

1:26 a.m. — I walk back to the office feeling better anyway and heat up my sandwiches.

4:33 p.m. — I eat, then leave a bit early with my personal laptop to work a little on a gift before the parent meeting.

6:00 p.m. — I head to the parent meeting and it isn’t to voice concerns it is more to set up little activities and days for children like Teddy Bear Picnic day and so on. I’m game to help but I’m not sure what I can contribute.

6:39 p.m. — I head home and Little Bun runs towards me crying. He clings to me like a koala bear. He didn’t have a good day today, I gather.

6:55 p.m. — I try to peel him off me so I can change. I’m sick and tired. I just want a cup of tea and a book but I don’t have that luxury.

7:03 p.m. — I get changed, then grab the dish cloths out of the dryer (my partner tossed them in to dry while I was at work), and start on cleaning the dishes. I’m not hungry at all.

7:45 p.m. — Afterwards, I read to Little Bun and he explains the book and characters to me. He is starting to show an interest in writing so he pretends to “write” the words by slowly tracing with his fingernail over the printed letters. “Want to write ‘Chameleon’?”, he asks. And he traces the word slowly, scratching on the page.

8:07 p.m. — I then get to work organizing for tomorrow and drying dishes on the counter, and cutting two slices of banana bread for myself and one for Little Bun.

8:25 p.m. — Bedtime.

Spent: $88.70


??:?? — My partner sneaks out of the house early but I wake up anyway because I’m sick and can’t sleep. Insomnia.

6:00 a.m. — I get up and start making tea.

6:40 a.m. — After the tea, dressing and makeup, Little Bun is still conked out!!

6:48 a.m. — It gets too close to the time I need to leave, so I grab his clothes and his bottle and wait.

6:53 a.m. —He snuffles a little and rolls over, so I take this chance to start changing him into his underwear and school clothes as he squeals and wakes up in realization of what is going on. I shove the bottle of milk into his mouth.

6:58 a.m. — He kicks me in protest as I try to get his pants on and muffled by the bottle of milk gives me an angry glare.

7:03 a.m. — I tell him he got cake yesterday in exchange for going to school today and he entered into a binding Mommy and Baby Cake for School Contract.

7:08 a.m. — He finishes his milk (I waited), and then fights me for the shirt. He doesn’t want to wear two shirts, he only wants his sleep shirt. ARRRRGGGJHHHH. I am not letting him go in pajamas. We compromise and he wears his school shirt over his sleep shirt.

7:15 a.m. — I put on his shoes while he sits on my lap and we are out the door.

7:37 a.m. — I pull into the garage right behind my Director (nice timing) and we get to preschool. Because Little Bun slept so long, NO TEARS!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes he’s just so dang cute. I see him peel his banana and it makes me think of this photo; I really wish I had dressed him as a monkey when he was a baby and made him pose with bananas like this father did:

7:40 a.m. — He happily sits down with two snacks (pita bread AND granola – yuck I say), and kisses me goodbye without a fuss. I smile at the educator in relief. She sees me fight with him every morning at drop off. It is her victory too, and she doesn’t have to hold him back.

8:04 a.m. — I get to work and grab a tea. I am loving this lemongrass and chocolate tea mix!! I need more lemongrass tea.

8:10 a.m. — I get to work.

11:00 a.m. — Halfway through the morning I cancel yoga and decide to head downtown. $2.25

11:32 a.m. — I need to pick up some black tights (mine laddered) and find some cheapies for $12 from some brand called “Envy”…. I dunno but I’m not paying $80 for Wolford tights if I’m going to rip them to shreds again with my zippered boots. $13.80

12:07 p.m. — I buy a replacement watch of my favourite kind and spy another super cute rose gold bee version!!! I would have purchased it, but the dial is too small for my liking.. right? How pretty is it though? I love the flowers too. $366.85

12:34 a.m. — I miss the bus so I wait and take the second one back. $2.25

5:30 p.m. — At the office I finish up with work and don’t stop until it’s time to leave, and I end up getting Little Bun super late.

6:37 p.m. — We hit a major knot of traffic on the way back, so it added another half hour to our commute. ONE HOUR. Ugh. At least he was in a good mood in the car, I was teaching him more French words.

6:46 p.m. — At home, I do the dishes, let them dry on the counter, make a cup of tea, add honey to it, unpack and pack my bags from the day, and collapse into bed early.

8:00 p.m. — My partner looks at me with concern and suggests softly I should stay at home tomorrow. I can’t. If I do, Little Bun is at home, and he will KNOW that Mommy CAN stay home but doesn’t want to or whatever, and I’ll get hassled even more in the mornings. No no no. Work is my escape.

Spent: $385.15


??:?? — I am hacking all night.

??:?? — I am hacking all night.

??:?? — I am hacking all night.

??:?? — I am hacking all night.

7:00 a.m. — Little Bun wakes up LATE. OMG. I quickly rush to pull on clothes and slap on some makeup.

7:15 a.m. — I don’t have time for a tea so I tell Little Bun who is drinking his milk in bed, tucked in like a baby the way he likes it, that I have to go and does he want to say bye bye to Mommy and finish his milk after?

7:16 a.m. — He immediately freaks out, bursts into tears and says: “MAAAAMAAAAAAAA WANT MAAAAMAAAAAAA!!” UGH. Does he not want to stay at home?!?!? I also cannot just leave without saying good bye, it is worse, and he freaks out even more. So I HAVE to tell him I’m leaving but then this happens.

7:18 a.m. — I peel him off me and kiss him goodbye while telling my partner to GET UP. I’m late already and traffic is horrific past 7.

7:20 a.m. — My partner gets up but it is too early to deal with this crap so Little Bun keeps sobbing and trying to force the door open. I wait there for as long as I can, holding the door CLOSED so he can’t open it, and then sprint around the corner as I hear him open the door and scream: “Mommy come back!!!! Mommy come back!!!! Come back Mommy!!! Want Mommy!!!!!

7:23 a.m. — Goddamnit. What a way to start every single effing day. I head to the office and know I need a lunch today as mine was eaten last night by Little Bun. I’m already pissed off.

7:28 a.m. — I get in and start working after a tea.

9:45 a.m. — I duck out early to snag a raincoat I have been waiting to go on sale for 2 years now — a water proof leather swing rain coat with a massive hood. I take the bus uptown. $2.25

9:58 a.m. — I get in there and buy the size 6 even though the 8 fits looser it looks massive but doesn’t come in black. I decide against Caramel (too Jedi Master with the super deep rain hood up and over), and take Black (neutral Sith Lord). Even with the discount for Black Friday it is epic, but I have been thinking about it for a year and it is very practical. $1110.64

10:08 a.m. — I drop by and have a vegan burger. $11.32

10:22 a.m. — I buy another one to go. $10.29

10:28 a.m. — I head over to Banana Republic because I need to use up this credit and everything is 50% off with no exclusions. I try on a red skirt but think the side slit is a little risqué, then a cashmere sweater but have all the colours already and the style I like is sold out in my sizes. I put it all back. The credit never expires so maybe for Spring?

11:22 a.m. — I head back to the office on a transfer. $0

1:08 p.m. — At the office I work, cancel on yoga (do not feel like it) and then run out of tissues so I go and buy a stock along with a neti pot, and some Ricola. $41.55

1:12 p.m. — I cough really hard on the way back and feel a gush in my underwear. You don’t feel like a mother until you’ve coughed or sneezed and peed your pants because giving birth effs up your bladder. OMFG. I have spare underwear and consider changing but I didn’t wet my jeans so…. yeah. Motherhood.

1:30 p.m. — In a meeting. No one knows what to do and how to do it. It’s kind of sad. I don’t say anything. I’m too tired to care this week.

3:45 p.m. — Out of the meeting. No for reals. It took THAT LONG to come to a decision about nothing and say nothing. Eff me.

4:00 p.m. — I leave early and head home. I miss Little Bun. I feel bad for him, he is having a tough Mommy separation issue time and it keeps happening.

4:25 p.m. — At home, Little Bun is SUPER CUTELY getting dressed by himself to go out with his father (WHAT A RELIEF). I take off my makeup and change.

4:38 p.m. — He touches the door handle, my partner scolds him to “wait” and he bursts into tears and wants to stay at home with Mommy. “TAKE OFF! Take OFF! NO GO OUT“, he sobs, tugging at his shirt and his pants. I help him get undressed, kiss him, and sigh. I was getting too excited about being alone. 🙁 He has a serious case of the “Mommy-itis

4:40 p.m. — I set him up with videos in French (his new thing), and try to get myself organized. I need to scan so many papers and do many things but I want to give my partner a break this week too as he has been working a lot and has also been sick.

4:47 p.m. — I dreamily eye that gorgeous Olivia Burton pink bee watch. I shouldn’t. Right?…. NOPE. I steel reserve. Must save for a car.

5:11 p.m. — My partner comes home with food. Good. I’m hungry-ish. I’m sort of craving a super warm Tom Kha Gai right now but … hey can’t win them all.

6:20 p.m. — We open up the box from Amazon of all the boxes and trays we ordered and we are super pleased. My partner loves these acrylic trays with the rose gold mirror bottom because they fit perfectly under our laptop stands and use up the wasted space. They look gorgeous! I was not going to keep all of the pink trays but in the end they’re all perfectly sized together and I may even need two more if I want to keep the theme going. So pretty. The ones I got for my rack in the front hall closet are these gorgeous magenta Poppin trays. They are slightly darker in real life, my camera can’t really capture the right shade, but they are not quite as hot pink (slightly darker and magenta / purplish). They do come in other plainer colours, AND THEY STACK!

6:21 p.m. — Little Bun grabs the boxes and pretends they’re cars and trains, vrooming all over the apartment.

6:56 p.m. — We have a grilled chicken meal with bread, spring salad and green onions, and I do the dishes afterwards.

7:45 p.m. — I then play with Little Bun, a game called “Open and Close” where I sit nestled in my goose down cover (so perfect for winter), and open and close the covers around him as he giggles and sits down in between my legs.

7:52 p.m. — I dry most of the dishes while I make a tea with honey. My throat hurts, my nose is completely chapped raw and red and I’m tired. I hope I can sleep tonight.

8:11 p.m. — I look through my StyleBook app for November and realize I’ve worn my Smythe jacket to death. It is down to $26-ish bucks per wear and it cost around $1000 when I bought it. Classic pieces really do last a while.

8:24 p.m. — My friend messages me that my vintage Hermès watch which I think I broke by overwinding it can be fixed for $40. Sweet. I ask her when / how I should pay but she doesn’t reply. She is coming up anyway so I’ll be sure to give her the money when she is here. I start planning the days she is staying (long weekend) and what we will eat.

8:30 p.m. — I am too engrossed in my book to put it down.

8:51 p.m. — WHOA. BEDTIME.

Spent: $1176.05


6:45 a.m. — I start a load of laundry, my partner is up.

7:59 a.m. — My partner is so pleased with the pretty rose gold trays that he asks me to order 3 more for our desks to store cables and things. $114.98

8:08 a.m. — My partner leaves for groceries and errands, and I get inspired with a burst of energy and go around decluttering crap that I have been keeping for sentimental reasons like origami animals my mother made for Little Bun, reward cards I now keep stored with the app StoCard because I cannot deal with cards any more. I also start a second load of laundry and dry the second.

8:42 a.m. — I finish tossing everything into recycling. Know what I really do need though? More white tank tops. My ones from All Saints which I love are getting stained. I need them to wear underneath my clothes that are too sheer.

8:55 a.m. — I take out the last load of laundry and hang up my yoga wear to dry. When you pay almost $200 for a yoga outfit, you’re going to take care of that ish.

9:32 a.m. — Little Bun asks for soup and I feed him a huge bowl.

10:02 a.m. — Bun fed, I go through my list to do.

12:08 p.m. — I give up on my To Do List. I don’t want to go out, it’s too cold and rainy. I decide to just stay in and keep it simple.

12:28 p.m. — Little Bun naps and I fall asleep beside him.

2:44 p.m. — We wake up feeling more refreshed. All I needed was a good nap. I really hope I didn’t screw up my night sleep. I hate napping for this reason.

2:48 p.m. — I get his milk, and then we end up reading books together and playing on the bed.

4:00 p.m. — My friends visit all the way from Toronto and I have been prepping Little Bun ALL DAY. I was telling him to be nice and share with his new friends, etc, and it went so well.

5:34 p.m. — The visit was great!!! I missed them so much and they said they’d be back next year and we would meet up again. They even brought a gift (Play-Doh) for Little Bun which he immediately became obsessed with and called the yellow Play-Doh squeezing device an “excavator”, and wanted to play with it all night. They finally called it an early night (the kids were getting wild) and head back to the hotel to rest up for the long drive back.

5:35 p.m. — We have a nice little dinner (salad, natch)… and then I start on dishes.

6:00 p.m. — My partner eyes the Play-Doh bits ruining the floor and making a MESS and he kiboshes the toy, oh well. I let Little Bun play with it as long as possible before then hiding it in the recycling bin. I decide I’ll buy him a real “excavator” or toy to make up for it. Poor tyke. But I also don’t want to scrape Play-Doh out of the floor or have it get into the grates!!

6:37 p.m. — I finish the dishes and start a load of laundry. We are going through handkerchiefs like mad with my cold.

7:12 p.m. — I get Little Bun ready for bed early because I just cannot deal with it too late at night. I’d rather get it done and over with and be ready. I take a long hot shower.

8:00 p.m. — I read a book, lying down while he plays with his father, and it’s bedtime. I still sorta want a bowl of pho.

Spent: $0


??:?? — I’m hacking up a lung.

3:08 a.m. — Seriously? *sigh* .. I force myself back to sleep.

6:12 a.m. — We wake up and I make myself some tea.

7:59 a.m. — I decide on a hot chocolate instead of another tea. I pour some cocoa powder into a cup with some sugar and pour hot water all over it and add some milk.

10:18 a.m. — I start another load of laundry. Those handkerchiefs are going through at an alarmingly fast rate.

12:08 p.m. — We have lunch and I eye the counter full of dishes. I’ll do them in the afternoon.

12:56 p.m. — I want to nap with Little Bun but decide against it. I feel like I should get stuff done.


1:44 p.m. — He wakes up crying and I run in and pat him back to sleep.

2:18 p.m. — He wakes up and I end up half dozing beside him until he gets mad at me and says: “NO MOMMY NAP!

2:58 p.m. —I read and decide to get car ready for tomorrow because my partner needs it for transporting something tomorrow so I clean it up early.


4:15 p.m. — I do the dishes finally. And another load of laundry.


6:37 p.m. — I feed Little Bun.

7:25 p.m. — I make myself three little eggs to eat. I’m not very hungry.

7:57 p.m. — I do the last of the dishes.

8:01 p.m. — Bedtime.

Spent: $0


Post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *