I say 11 instead of 12 because 13 at a table is bad luck, and you are OBVIOUSLY going to attend your own fantastic dinner.
A lot of people say really great, noble names like Mother Theresa, Ghandi… but I am not that.. er.. nice.
I want to have a belly, gut-busting dinner of indulgent food and laughter.
Anyway, as far as I know, the rules are:
- 11 people
- Anyone who ever existed in the world (dead or alive)
- No need to put your significant other or friends (it’s obvious they’ll be there, just probably under the table)
They’re mostly famous people who are:
- funny and entertaining
- able to eat — no salad-only-for-me-please folks at my table!
MY TOP 11 DINNER GUESTS
- Conan O’Brien — Reason here!
- Natalie Portman — She’d be an awesome dinner guest if Top Chef episodes are anything to go by.
- Benedict Cumberbatch — He is just such a GOOD actor on Sherlock, how could you not!? Also a brilliant guy.
- Jennifer Lawrence — C’mon.. how can you leave her out?
- Nathan Fillion — Again, fantastic actor on Castle.
- Tina Fey — TINA FEY!!
- Louis C.K. — GREAT comedian. He’s really my kind of humour, but sometimes he can be a bit too crass.
- Mindy Kaling — When I watch her show The Mindy Project, I feel like she’s actually like that in real life.. which is nice
- Anthony Bourdain — Honest and witty. Plus he’d really appreciate the food that would come out of the kitchen catered by someone like Thomas Keller or Heston Blumenthal.
- Amy Poehler — AMY POEHLER!!
- Larry David — For me, he’s the brain behind Seinfeld and I LOVE his show Curb your Enthusiasm