They may work for models or 0.1% but not for most women.
It just looks terrible or inappropriate.
5 unflattering outfits
- Wide legged high water pants with flats or heavy shoes
- Muumuus even if they look chic on others, you look like a bag lady or worse, oversized when you’re not
- Booty shorts or skirts unless you’re playing tennis or working out even worse are cutoff jean booty shorts that show butt cheeks
- Low rise pants for any bum showing your underwear
- Any crop top because stomach is the worst because then you get a muffin top no matter what you wear
Or you can just avoid wearing what looks trendy on most “stars” and celebrities these days and you should be all right.
Listen to yourself
Stick to your OWN style aesthetic, and what you admire on other women can ALWAYS be appropriated for your own body and style.
If you love the look of a wrap dress on someone else, try it!
If you love that they’re rocking a leather jacket with a silk shirt underneath and some jeans, then give it a shot.
It is certain that only by trying & experimentation, you will find out what you love and what you don’t.
For instance, that is how I found out that classic, tuxedo / formalwear styles really suit my personality, but I enjoy contrasting it with ripped jeans..
Or having it go completely formal but in a feminine way like below, tuxedo style!
You just have to try, but there are some things that just DO NOT LOOK GOOD.
WAIT A YEAR
A good rule of thumb I follow is that if something is a trend, it disappears after a year or so. If it stays on, it’s no longer a ‘trend’.
That’s why it took me so long to get onto the skinny jean boat, and the short heeled booties train.
They were classics after a year or two of constantly seeing them and now I love it.
Other trends that have disappeared without a whimper?
Harem pants. Lace booty shorts, neon colours, to name a few.