My Favourite Beauty Items of 2012
I think it’s safe to say I don’t need to try any more products. I have everything for makeup and skin now.My skin has never been smoother, softer, and more even-toned in my life. Diet had a big thing to do with it too! I’d only like to change my makeup wipes to something more eco-friendly, Josie Maran or Korres maybe?
CLEANSERS & EXFOLIANTS & MOISTURIZERS FOR SOFTER, SMOOTHER SKIN
- Korres White Tea Fluid Cleansing Gel – On my 4th bottle now!
- Clarisonic Mia Brush – Best purchase ever, my skin is smooth & exfoliated
- Dr. Dennis Grossman Extra Strength Alpha Hydroxy Wipes – Use once bi-weekly & LOVE IT
- DDF Ultra-Lite Moisturizing Dew – Super light, used as a base moisturizer year-round
- 100% Argan Oil – I like using a bit of this on my hair, and also on my face once in a while
- Yu-Be Cream – This is THE BEST for eczema, no silicones, petroleums; Used on body AND face
- Kirkland (Cost-Co) Makeup Wipes – Also the best makeup wipes but I’m looking for eco-friendly
SPF CREAMS SO YOU DON’T GET WRINKLES & LEATHERY SKIN
- Skinceuticals Physical Fusion SPF 50 – You will not burn; No white cast; I use it alone sometimes
- Suhadafit Skin Milk SPF 50 – Absolutely ZERO white cast; Super light; Fruity & Great in summer
MAKEUP FOR THE EYES
Annabelle is a Canadian brand, so you won’t find it in the U.S.
- Annabelle Eyeshadow Pots (Gleam = Gold) – Perfect for work, not too shimmery or matte
- Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette – Bestselling neutral shades of all time for work and play
- Urban Decay Liquid Eyeliner – I like their deep dark navy blue Sabbath, a bit too wet sometimes
- Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Eyeliners – They stay on and last all day
- Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner – Found in Asia, it draws the thinnest lines & is easy to use
- Annabelle Smoothliner Pencil Eyeliner – Their Brownie (Brown) colour is my favourite, super smooth
- Annabelle Le Big Show Mascara – Still one of the best drugstore mascaras I’ve ever used
- Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara – Got this as a sample, and I liked the really fat brush
MAKEUP FOR THE FACE AND CHEEKS
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed – Longwearing, smooth & super easy to apply in layers
- Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder – Best powder to set & banish shine; AWFUL for cameras
- Annabelle Haute Zebra Bronzing Powder – Light gold shimmer, sometimes I use this as a blush
- Time Balm TheBalm Concealer – Still one of the best creamy concealers I’ve ever purchased
- AmazingConcealer Concealer – This one is a lot thicker & more opaque than Time Balm
- Kate Kanebo BB SPF30 – Found only in Asia; Was a fan of Smashbox but this goes on better
- Fresh Sugar SPF 15 Lip Balm – Smells great, SPF 15, and moisturizes well
- Maybelline Baby Lips – Hate the name, but it moisturizes really well with a slight colour tint
Sonia Kashuk is only in Target, mostly in the U.S., but it’s coming to Canada!!
- Sonia Kashuk @ Target Makeup Brushes — Amazing and a great quality for the price
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler – Can’t beat it. Bought a Koji No. 70 in Asia, but wasn’t the same
- Tweezerman Tweezers – Slanted tweezers are expensive, but they do the job easily
- Urban Decay Eyeliner Sharpener – Does the job, doesn’t complain!
- 100% Argan Oil – I rub it on the ends sometimes or to smooth down my hair
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil Shampoo/Conditioner – Killed my dandruff, leaves my hair super soft
- Bulgarian Lavender Oil – Essential Goodies – I don’t really like perfumes, essential oils are my thing