Recipe: Super Moist & Rich Fudge-y Brownie Swedish Chocolate Cake
Looks good right? IT IS.
IT IS SO GOOD.
- 1/2 cup of salted butter (125g) (or use unsalted butter & add 1 tsp of salt)
- 1 1/3 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- [Optional] 1 tsp of vanilla extract
Butter up a loaf pan (a deep one about 6″ deep) and dust it with flour lightly.
Whisk the 3 eggs with the 1 1/3 cups of sugar into a bowl and add the 1 tsp of vanilla extract [Optional]
Mix the 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of cocoa powder together
- Start the oven warming up at 350 degrees F
- Melt the butter gently in a saucepan (warm it up on the stove then turn it off and let it sit on the warm stove, or take it off completely), and melt it without cooking it.
- Add the sugar and eggs from Bowl #1 and mix very well
- Slowly add the flour and cocoa powder from Bowl #2 and incorporate it in until you can see very few lumps (try and break them out with the fork or whisk)
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes; once you see the top ‘crack’, that’s how you know it’s done
- Take it out of the oven, run a dull knife around the edges, let it cool IN THE PAN and then pop it out on a wire rack to cool
- Then. Devour.