Little Bun Recommendations for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Books for Children
Little Bun really loves math. I mean LOVES IT to the point of no return.
Out of all the books I have purchased and gotten for him, these are his favourites; he will actually pick it off the shelf and flip through it in his free time instead of reading a story.
This is how I got Little Bun to read and do math by the age of 3…. and these are my STEM specific recommendations:
- Usborne Periodic Table
- Usborne Computers and Coding
- Usborne See Inside Maths, Times Table & Fractions & Decimals – Truly worth the purchase
- Dr. Seuss – There’s No Place Like Space! – Fun rhyming to learn about the solar system; their whole set is great
- Priddy Books – Space – for Kids who love space
- The Ultimate Book of Cities
- The Ultimate Book of Vehicles
- Sylvan 1st Grade Jumbo Math Success Book
- Sylvan 1st Grade Jumbo Arts/Language Success Book – OK not STEM, but you need to balance the two
- Tiny Hands. – their apps are beautiful, well done and without mistakes / errors that have issues
- Bacarox – apps that help with counting, very simple and fun to use and play
- Endless Monsters – they have numbers, alphabet, the whole range – they are SO MUCH FUN and cute
- Mobile Montessori – Again also has numbers and shapes, etc.
- Rosi Mosi Math – His current new obsession, but he told me he finds it way too easy (he is around Grade 2 now)
- OneBillion – her accent is British so Little Bun had trouble understanding her
- Splash Math – The best all around app to TEACH math to kids, they show/explain why, but I am also involved