February 6, 2016 Sherry of Save. Spend. Splurge.
In the World of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- Wild sea otter Mommy just had her sweet baby.. which of course reminds me of Baby Bun and Me.. He sleeps on my shoulder sometimes and this is completely reminiscent of how we used to nap together when he was younger.
- This is the PRETTIEST DRESS I have ever seen in my life. And I am not into feminine florals. But this dress… OMG.
- I desperately want this DvF ballerina wrap sweater which is ridic chic… and I found a cashmere version of it.
- Franish talks about how to set a budget for shopping with some insights from other style bloggers. If you’re interested in budgeting style bloggers, check out my series: Style Bloggers <3 Budgeting
- I am really against real fur unlike Lagerfeld. I am .. slightly.. okay if it is vintage and passed down from your family members… but I only go for the faux stuff where possible unless it cannot be avoided (e.g. warm, quilted down jackets that only seem to insist on using fur)
- Kat’s outfits can do no wrong. Right now, she is my favourite style blogger.
- Why breast cancer screening matters. You can be at any age, and get breast cancer.
- Lead female characters in children’s books for both your daughter and your son. I just finished reading Girl in a Spider’s Web and that Lisbeth Salander is a strong female lead if I have ever read one.
- Great post about how if you look very feminine, you aren’t assumed to be competent or technical. It’s the classic Brains or Beauty, but we apparently cannot rock both. (H/T @Revanche)
- I love a good peek through wardrobes and closets. I’m thinking I might do something similar for upcoming posts.
- This woman is my PF inspiration namely to stop spending so much! <3
- Quick tips on organizing your closet. I know all of these, I do all of them and I’m still a sucker for them.
- Ikea, trying to recycle your broken down furniture. Good company, Ikea.
- These are all the ways (simple ways) you can feel rich and wealthy
- TFSA or RRSP? Where should you put your money? I wrote a post on it, but this infographic is great too.
- Seabin is an AUTOMATED ocean cleaner at $3825 USD per bin, kind of like a Roomba but for the oceans. Brilliant. Ships in 2016. [Video below]
Thanks for sharing my post! I love peeks into people’s closets in a totally nosy way myself, so it was kind of fun to write my own… those closet organizing tips are great too.
Thank you for the link! I bought a pair of AG jeans last year that I LOVED, but they’re too small now, so I’m debating buying another pair in a new size. I’ll do that once I have a break from grad school.
The Asian Pear
Where’s the Paper Bag Princess book from Robert Munsch for female lead children’s book? That is a classic right there! 🙂
Thanks for the link 🙂 And I am a little jealous that Baby Bun would nap with you like that. As soon as LB could crawl, there was no more cuddling. harumph.