In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- It is sold out but I would have seriously considered this Carolina Herrera Radish Print Dress. I saw it on Gail Simmons on Top Chef and fell in love. On that note, Gail always wears the most beautiful dresses. I <3 her style. Something that has a similar style and feel is this Ellen Tracy floral skirt for $35 which is very Ted Baker-ish.
- Coincidence? Methinks not. Only female senators made it in during the snow blizzard.
- Refinery29 interview of Melania Trump — beautiful but so .. incredibly stiff. I also really like her white collared shirt and jeans, but would remove the glittery belt and all the jewellery except for rings. #LessIsMoreInFashion .. and don’t get me started on the gilded living room. I’d feel like I couldn’t relax.
- I desperately wanted to eat some sort of cake and ended up making a muffin in a cup, loosely following this recipe. My Instagram results here and you can see the texture of the mug cake here, then I experimented and topped it with coconut yoghurt.
- Speaking of floral skirts, this one is SO PRETTY for only $95..
- The Birkin bag was a better investment than stocks but I am so not interested in the bag itself.
- 2015 was awesome and uplifting despite all the horrors that we have seen and have yet to see. <3 I sobbed like a baby.
- Where your donated clothes actually go. I’m even more inspired to stop buying.
- This story is pure insanity. I feel such sympathy for all the mothers in this story. It’s a little cruel.
- What a bunch of sweet, wonderful children. <3
- Why soda cans are shaped the way that they are and how they are made. Very well done video & extremely interesting even to us non-engineer types.
- “Two things in life sell,” she once said. “Food and sex. And I was not meant to be a chef.” Read this brilliant article here.
- Hungry, hungry hypocrites about sex and revealing your body online indeed. H/T to Belle
- Inside. Wardrobes. of Vogue. Editors. OMG. I am definitely Sarah Harris. [Video Below]