10 Cool Small & Tiny Closet Wardrobe Makeovers, Hacks & Organization Ideas I Love
Source: Style Lovely
- Love the dreamy wallpaper at the back of the wall
- Notice how she put fake hanging plants to carry the effect over which is a very cool idea in terms of design and aesthetic
- All of her clothes are white or cream (LOL.. not in my closet) but it lends to a nice look
- Crisp white boxes instead of baskets
- Love the display shelves with quotes, boxes, and bags
- Little tiny rose gold metallic paper bags everywhere to hold little things I suppose but they add a nice metallic touch
- Small stool in the corner to help reach the top shelves
This one image, is what set me off on my closet makeover redo fever. I saw it and thought: I could have something like that. Why not? And that’s how I started trying to redesign and redo my closet, roping my partner in the process.
Source: Olive Branch Cottage
I love what Morgan of OBC did to this small closet. Even though it is wire racks and I hate wire racks, it looks great for a few reasons:
- Everything was kept very minimal – you can see the racks are not overflowing, there aren’t baskets on the floor, etc
- The light fixture is a jewel and super bright
- The floors have a carpet and it looks inviting
- Shiplap on the walls makes it look interesting instead of just paint
- All the hangers match
- All the wood matches – even the wood on the hangers, ties in with the woven baskets
- Even all the clothes kind of match which visually (and maybe for the shot?) looks great
- The theme of the closet is natural which gives a warm, yet clean feel
It looks great. I just know that it wouldn’t quite work for me personally as I don’t like wire shelving, and I have way too many clothes and things.
Even the boots alone – I have as many if not more than what she has pictured here, but then I have sandals, knee-high boots, flat over the knee boots, heels, flats… you get the drift.
Source: Apartment Therapy
- Love that they’re all hanging by style – sleeveless and then sleeved clothing
- Shoes are properly arranged at the top
- It’s an open closet that is kept minimal/simple
- Bags on the floor underneath hold other things but are also display worthy
Again, wouldn’t work for me, but I like the idea of the wooden pole across the top, and the MASSIVE mirror for selfies.
Source: Erin Spain
Another small space transformed!
- Love the little side table — I am all about side tables to hold things
- The hooks for the bigger bags on display on the side uses up that wall space that would otherwise be empty
- Love the wallpapered back of the bookcase (?) where things are on display
- Love the open wire basket idea at the top to hold things like small silk scarves
- The jewellery hanging on hooks at the back is fantastic
- Small wooden bowl /tray thing to hold rings, cuffs or sunglasses…
I am already going to have a surface space in my closet (a large tall dresser) and my bookcase is going to have beautiful decals at the back, which means I have to leave the shelving open to display the gorgeous design.
I will also have a jewellery rack like this, but on the other side above the dresser.
- This is just seasonal wear – she puts out of season stuff in storage boxes that gets stored elsewhere and ONLY what she wears for that season is displayed
- Like the spaced out shelving for the shoes
- The hats there are also a good idea – I plan on hanging mine up on the wall
- I like how she went from longer dresses to shorter tops in the middle, then longer coats/cardigans on the right
- Folded jeans two at a time make them easier to pick off rather than toppling the whole pile
- She has a drawer / dresser thing as well that isn’t pictured.
I think I will likely keep my jeans folded as well, and have been looking at these shelf dividers to keep them and my sweaters from falling over while on the bookcase.
Source: None. If you have it, holler.
I like this space for 3 reasons:
- Rail space across the top for the tops and shorter items
- Rail space at the back for longer dresses and coats
- The whole thing is just rails across the side and back, and then two Ikea dressers stacked beside each other to create at table and lots of drawer space – SO SIMPLE
- Love the mirror inside the closet – mine has to be full-length by the way
- Uniform boxes at the top, likely storing shoes and heels
Source: House of Philia
- This isn’t all of her closet, there’s still about two more sets of PAX wardrobe sections to the left after you walk in.
- She organized it by colour, and it looks phenomenal inside because she is an obvious clotheshorse like me
- She has a hook on the side of the wardrobe to hang smaller bags on display
- Art also hangs on the inside (although it would bother me that the frame is larger than the column it is hanging on)
Source: Polished Habitat
- Love that little nook she created above the bottom rail that has shelf dividers for her purses, AND a little acrylic DIY purse divider system she uses to hang smaller pouches
- Love the dark walls to make everything including a piece of art pop
- Shoes tucked underneath the tops, really utilizing the space
- I see the hardware changed on the dresser in the corner to sleek gold handles
Source: Meg Biram
- What you see at first glance is that fantastic floating shelf idea with the folded jeans and sweaters and the boots and shoes on top
- Then you peek around the corner and the nook to the side holds all the clothing!!!!
- Looks fantastically minimal and interesting, I feel like MORE fits in this style of closet hanging when it is open (no doors although adding a curtain could be cool), than if you used it traditionally with a rail across the back.
- Peep the super high heels on top of the entire closet as they likely don’t get daily wear
Source: Diana Elizabeth
- Full of great ideas – Did you see the separate hook tabs on the rails to keep clothes organized?
- Shoes on the outside of the closet on display (this is not happening in my redo)
- Fantastic graphic wallpaper at the back
- Clear boxes at the top so you can see what scarves are inside
- Shelf dividers!!!!
- New lamp that looks like a jewel in the closet
Source: None. Holler if you have it.
- OK, this isn’t a small closet by any means, it’s a commercial shop, but let’s look at how NICE this looks with the copper rods
- The shelving displays pictures and pretty makeup brushes, even a nice vase with faux (?) flowers
- The hangers all match the rods themselves with copper hooks
The last little trick is maybe a thick mirror frame that can hide jewellery behind it:
10 KEY ELEMENTS TO ALL OF THESE SMALL SPACES
- Can’t have too much crap. You know this, I know this, we all know this.
- Use matching baskets/boxes to keep a uniform look
- Hangers have to all be the same for a visual effect
- Using wallpaper to brighten up the space for a luxe effect
- Using hooks on empty columns/spaces to hang belts, bags, scarves and the like
- Everything has to really be kept neat and tidy – properly folded jeans and sweaters…
- Artfully display bags, shoes and things of interest
- Maximize vertical space – You’ll notice baskets, shoes and things tucked right up to the ceiling
- Consider a small table or chair in there – would be handy to place things on, sit on, etc
- Display only what you use; store the rest out of season if possible