Save. Spend. Splurge.

Week of Money: Where I finally do the splits


??:?? — I wake up tired again – he did go to the bathroom with Daddy while I slept, I was too tired to wake up. I get up early with him, and grab his milk.

5:57 a.m. — I whisper to him to drink his milk, come out quietly with the bottle and close the door to let Daddy sleep. He does it all, and then we sit on the floor in the hallway for him to “get used to the light”. He crawls under my sweater like a kangaroo (we do this every single morning), and he cuddles against my chest as I kiss him and tell him I love him. It is actually one of my favourite times / memories lately. I love this closeness we have.

6:12 a.m. — I make some tea and Little Bun plays with blocks on the floor. This is accurate and the plan for today.

7:09 a.m. —Little Bun tells me: “Mommy, I want to get ready at 7:15 so that we are not late to daycare for 8:00“. I tell him it is a good idea, as that is about the time it takes for us to get ready, dressed and out the door.

7:15 a.m. — We start getting ready right on time. He is a stickler for the clock and being on time which I am very happy about as I am the same way.

7:50 a.m. — Out the door, we are at daycare by 8. I tell him in the car that school also starts at 8 in September, so this is good that we are setting the same schedule for daycare. He nods and says: I am going to school in September!

8:11 a.m. — I log in to work as I drive against neighbourhood traffic to come back home. I love working from home. I am also thinking I am going to keep track of my 20 hours this week but not work on set days or at set times. Just when I need to work. It usually ends up equalling out to 20 hours, but I would feel less stressed at trying to make sure I get in 20 hours proper.

10:17 a.m. — I take a quick tea break.

10:59 a.m. — I drive out quickly to pick up some supplementary food for my meals. My partner made beans again, but I need a little more than just BEANS and rice. I need more vegetables at the very least. I’ll pick up more beets and tomatoes. I dial into a conference call on the way there.

12:15 p.m. — My call in the car over (love that my phone connects to my car, this is a gamechanger for working), I pick up a bag of beets (wish they came without the plastic..) and tomatoes. $12.15

1:09 p.m. — At home, I cook them with the skins on to not waste anything and besides, all the nutrients are in the skin right?

1:28 p.m. — I eat my lunch and love it. I don’t even miss the meat.

4:16 p.m. — I stop working and go and grab Little Bun.

4:56 p.m. — We check the mail after dropping things off and I “win” twice at the elevator game (my middle elevator came up), and I get kisses from my baby as a reward, AND a new “colour game” he came up with.

5:40 p.m. — After his milk, he tells me he has a reward for me – the Colour Game, and it turns out he just makes circles on a piece of paper, made me colour them in with colours like in Happy Colour (the app), then created a Spring Background with those colours and presented it to Daddy as a gift. Daddy archives the picture (he keeps them all), and Little Bun says: Daddy LOVES archiving my pictures! I am a good archiver!!!

6:45 p.m. — I do dishes, work a little bit more – emails come in until 10-ish hence why I work on and off, and then I feed Little Bun dinner while we play the Flags game. He is killer at the flags of Asia. Some of them look the same to me honestly, but he can recognize about 99% of them if not 100%.  The app is by this random person and is free – they have done the app by continent, so this one below is the Asia one.

7:48 p.m. — We brush our teeth and get ready for bed, then we play “Baby”. He tells me: But my stuffed animals are no longer Babies as of February 6, 7 and 8 because they had their birthdays! (Yes, all 3 had birthdays and we celebrated…), so now they’re Toddlers but… sometimes Toddlers want to play Baby. Even little boys like to play Baby.

Playing “Baby” means – we pretend to feed them milk, burp them, change their diapers, we cuddle them, we play with them and entertain them, and then we tuck them into their nursery (under a pillow) for naps and bedtime after kisses.

8:00 p.m. — We cuddle into bed after the stuffed animals are in their nursery and I make up a Flashlight story about Carrots the Bunny (my two fingers) going to school and loving his first day. I try to cut the story short and Little Bun says: BUT MOMMY! What HAPPENS??.. Does he go to school? I didn’t see him go!!! … then bed.

Spent: $12.15


??:?? —

??:?? — Whoa It is early. We go out to the bedroom to check the clock (can’t see it in the dark, only living room has enough light to see a clock and I don’t want a bright screen to wake me up), and I see that he is wide awake as we slept a little earlier last night.

5:17 a.m. — I grab his milk and ask him to nicely come out after he is done and let Daddy sleep in. I also realize the following which I posted on Instagram in my Stories (if you don’t follow me on Instagram, I post a lot more there, including content 3X a day).

5:20 a.m. — I make some tea, wrap him in a blanket because our heater is timed to kick in at around 5:30 to warm up the place, not before, so we conserve energy.

6:33 a.m. — I get ready and quietly leave for yoga, after setting Little Bun up with pasta, and telling him to stay quiet and wash his hands nicely when he is done.

Little Bun: Mommy, you could come and leave some pasta out for me before you leave for yoga if you’d like…..

That last “if you’d like” part is what I say all the time to him – you can do __ if you’d like? … Kids really do parrot back what you say.

7:00 a.m. — During yoga, they’re working on back bends and so on, and by the end of the class, I am so warmed up and flexible enough that I manage to go into the splits (either side of the leg out in front)!!!! This was one of my goals for 2020, and I am beyond happy. I DID IT! Now to nail the Handstand.

8:02 a.m. — I leave yoga, head home, get Little Bun ready and drop him at daycare. I dial into my call on the way back.

9:25 a.m. — This made me laugh so hard I had to share it with you…


12:08 p.m. — I log in and work until lunch, then stop and break for it. I am LOVING this vegan meal, I think the bruschetta mix is making the entire dish so tasty, I could eat this all the time.

12:53 p.m. — I take a break and have a shower.

4:28 p.m. — I pick up Little Bun. Tomorrow I have to go to the office for half the day (I am not sure I can survive a full day), so I have to prep my work bag tonight.

4:49 p.m. — In the car on the way home Little Bun says: Mommy, even if you get angry at me, or frustrated or sad, or even if Daddy does it, it doesn’t mean that you don’t love me. You will love me no matter what, even if you’re angry, frustrated or sad. Daddy too. And sometimes Daddy is just telling me something but he isn’t angry at me.

My partner has a ‘tone’ issues, beautifully illustrated by comedian Ronny Chieng here… and he sounds angry even if he isn’t, which is why I had to tell Little Bun that Daddy isn’t angry at him, he’s just telling him something.

5:10 p.m. — We go and check the mail. I never do it without him, he gets so disappointed, so we do it together any time we go out.

5:15 p.m. — He wins at the Elevator Game. The right one came up! No mail, so we go back upstairs.

5:40 p.m. — He finishes up a metro map he started the other day that is Montreal & New York City, MTA & STM, telling me it only takes half an hour to go from Montreal to NYC (I WISH!!!)…. and colours in the lines, names the stops..

6:22 p.m. — He spends time working on some Valentines’ cards for his stuffed animals. The day is long gone but he felt bad that they didn’t get anything, so he made three of them for his three favourite toys.


6:49 p.m. — I feed him dinner, we talk about nonsense really … the world, what is happening and so on.

7:40 p.m. — He helps me go through the Busy Worker plan, and we put away Laundry, Vacuum the entire apartment (he “helps” me guide the vacuum by walking with me and pointing out dust bunnies, moving things out of the way and so on.)

8:03 p.m. — We start to get ready for bed – Little Bun gets his teeth flossed, and then just sits there and holds the brush in his mouth. THIS IS NOT BRUSHING. I am so angry at him, I tell him I am not telling him a Flashlight story tonight. He loses his #$*#$@.. and I hold firm. I tell him he isn’t brushing, he is just lying down, and he comes up with excuses about being sleepy. I stay firm.

8:25 p.m. — Sobbing has died down. No flashlight story. Straight to bed.

Spent: $0


??:?? — I wake up .. this is early.

5:12 a.m. — Little Bun is up and very happy to be up early with me and alone – it is his favourite time of the day I think. I sit on the floor in the hallway and he crawls under my sweater and snuggles up against my body, leaning his cheek against my chest, playing with my collarbones… I just cuddle him and kiss him until he is “used to the light”

7:59 a.m. — Everyone dressed, packed, I am carrying my work bag, yoga bag, 2 lunch bags (his and mine), and my shoe bag. Ugh.

8:08 a.m. — I drop him off, he asks me what time I am coming back and I tell him 16:30, always. He kisses me goodbye.

8:24 a.m. — I pick up a quick Chai latte on the way to work. There is no more milk left in the house so I can’t make matcha. $5.97

9:12 a.m. — At work, a colleague catches me in my car and his eyes pop out of his head. Suddenly, he is very chatty and asking me about what my career background is, who I have worked for before, if I am a freelancer …..  He has no clue that maybe after this contract, I will likely not work again unless I truly have to. I am too used to having a part-time gig now, and it is not easy to obtain in my industry. Only two clients I know of, would go for this.

9:20 a.m. — Work, nonstop.

12:08 p.m. — At the office during lunch, my colleague (similar rich mindset as me) and I were talking about marriage, and he says:

3:28 p.m. — I work until the VERY LAST SECOND before I leave to avoid traffic and grab Little Bun. If I leave any later, it takes 20 minutes more.

4:02 p.m. — I am at daycare, chilling in my car, answering emails and working a bit more while I wait for 16:30 and end up getting a direct message on Instagram after a short-ish conversation that triggers me (basically saying that women should rely on men for all things financial and it is their biological responsibility to care for them). As a mother of a son, I do not accept this viewpoint. I wouldn’t want my son to end up with anyone who thought like this because they don’t understand what equality and fairness really means in a relationship. So I responded, and got this message:

I’ll be posting the entire conversation later.

4:30 p.m. — She then messages me by creating yet another Instagram account, and I just tap on the message to get rid of it, and delete it without reading it. I don’t engage with idiots, I’m busy.

4:31 p.m. — Feeling free, I go and grab Little Bun who is super happy to be home.

4:59 p.m. — Uh oh. I think he is coughing. I think he sat beside a kid I TOLD HIM NOT TO SIT BESIDE during circle time, and they SANG together and he must have sung all of his coughing, sick germs right into my baby’s face. I told him NOT to sit beside this child and then he goes and does it. *sigh* (I have visual proof.)

5:04 p.m. — You can’t predict the market, why are we trying?

Note: Obviously, I wrote this way back when before the virus was even a thing but I still stand true to my statement — you could not have predicted the virus would have started and the crash in the market, just as right now we cannot predict the market going up or down based on .. what? Human irrationality, that’s what.

No one has a crystal ball. Just stick to your strategy and keep investing, instead of sitting on $500K in cash (which is what this person was doing).

5:40 p.m. — I start laundry, and we do our Busy Worker Plan – I do the dishes while he plays on the iPad. Then I go to check on him while I am making noodles, and I notice him with his Nat Geo Space Activity Book and his box of crayons, colouring in the pages, planets, drawing in more icons. He then asks me to draw a rocket ship for him and I oblige.

6:40 p.m. — We do our next step on the plan which is to vacuum. On the Busy Worker List, he separates Dishes into Part 1 and Part 2. He checks off Part 1 only and says he can’t check it off Part 2 until we also put the dishes away nicely, not just wash them, and they need to dry first. I LOVE HOW MUCH OF A STICKLER HE IS for organization and clarity.

7:15 p.m. — We clean up everything, and put away laundry. He goes back to his activity book and colours it in. I go and lie down early because I am truly tired, and he stays out in the living room to eat yoghurt and colour.

8:12 p.m. — Again, getting ready for bed, ZERO BRUSHING HAPPENING with Daddy, he is lying down across two chairs in the bathroom, toothbrush in his mouth, playing with the door with his foot. OMG. I tell him again NO FLASHLIGHT STORY just like yesterday. He goes into a sobbing fit but then gives up. I am CERTAIN I will pay for this tomorrow with him waking up early.

Spent: $5.97


??:?? — He wakes up, goes to the bathroom with my help, and then checks the clock in the living room and comes back whispering: Mommy it is 4 a.m.

5:00 a.m. — He somehow feels an hour has gone by, hasn’t slept a WINK (neither have I), and goes to check the clock again, comes back and tells me – Mommy I’m awake now.

5:11 a.m. — AWAKE? What a liar. We end up cuddling in the hallway, with my sweater around him as usual, but he ends up SLEEPING IN MY ARMS. Omg. How can I transfer this sack of potatoes into the bedroom without waking him? I can’t, if experience and history has taught me anything. I sort of enjoy the moment. I remember him sleeping against me as a little newborn, then baby, and then toddler. Now, as a little boy about to start school. He has the same face, and same look as when he was a baby and his head was in my arms, being cuddled and secure.

6:00 a.m. — My legs go numb. I finally shake them out, and dead lift 60+lbs of him and carry him to the living room so I can sit on a chair. No such luck, the shift in weight and having his legs hang off now instead of on the floor and relaxed, wakes him up. Sigh. I know he woke up early because he knows I am going to yoga this morning and (A) wanted Mommy time, (B) didn’t want to miss me by sleeping through the morning, and (C) wanted to be in my sweater, sleeping and in my nook.

6:30 a.m. — I get ready to go, prepare a bowl of pasta for him, leave the hand towel down where he can reach it after he washes his hands so he can dry them, and leave for yoga.

6:32 a.m. — Crap, forgot my yoga bag. Can’t do yoga without yoga clothes. I am in jeans, that would not work.

6:33 a.m. — Back upstairs, he is eating pasta quietly, Daddy is STILL IN THE BEDROOM “Sleeping” (I am certain he is awake), and I grab my bag, blow a kiss and leave.

9:25 a.m. — Yoga class was good. I sweated a little but I feel off today. My knee, my back, lack of energy.. it is from waking up too early, not having my normal daily matcha latte… it is all throwing me off. I go to pick up a chausson aux pommes but then catch myself because I planned on going to Starbucks instead today, and grabbing a chai along with a sandwich because I have to go meet the insurance inspector to check the damage on my car, and I won’t get back until at least 2 p.m. or 3 p.m. by which time I will be faint with hunger. I avoid the pastry purchase.

9:49 a.m. — At Starbucks, I splurge on a disgustingly greasy sausage sandwich (never again if I am to be honest, but it was a guilty one), and a chai latte. $11.57

12:03 p.m. — I work nonstop until it is time to head back. I stop by the pharmacy to drop off a package for return, and I IGNORE ALL OF THE MINI EGGS because I have amazing willpower this Easter.

12:15 p.m. — I drop home and Little Bun has conked out early for his nap on his own, so I eat my lunch quietly (pizza!!) and then go out again.

2:27 p.m. — I pick up some more medication. $60.01

3:11 p.m. — I talk to the insurance inspector. He writes his report and I guess I’ll have to drop my car at the body shop and take a loaner. Ugh. I hate using other cars.

3:35 p.m. — I get home after talking to the insurance inspector, and Little Bun slept until NOW. A solid 4 hours. Stands to reason, he woke me up at 4 today… *sigh*

4:03 p.m. — Little Bun: “Dust bunnies are scared of us because we are Super Vacuum Cleaners!” .. and he makes me vacuum the entire apartment with him, chasing down dust bunnies in every corner of the apartment.

4:07 p.m. — Little Bun: “You should have told me when the vacuum cleaner would stop! *disappointed*” … I tell him I didn’t know either. It goes until it dies., I tell him. He happily checks off “Vacuum Day Two” on his plan. He is so conscientious and careful, and remembers where to vacuum and not from the days before.

5:09 p.m. — I try to clean up all my notes and emailed notes to myself. I literally have hundreds of ideas and things to write, and no time.

5:28 p.m. — I do all the dishes, then feed him dinner. My back is twinge-ing again. I don’t think vacuuming helped it. I go and lie down.

6:56 p.m. — Little Bun plays with his Space Activity book and creates more drawings (he makes me draw them and he colours them in).

7:56 p.m. — I am starting to get tired, but hungry. So I eat my dinner, clean up, and then ask him to stay out here while I go and get ready for bed. He panics: But I want to go with you! And sleep with you.

8:13 p.m. —So we watch a video together (one episode of Baby Looney Tunes) and then get him ready for bed, and myself as well. THIS TIME, he brushes like a PROFESSIONAL and I do a great Flashlight story about vegetables and colours that make you feel better.

9:00 p.m. — Bedtime.

Spent: $71.58


??:?? — He runs out, checks the clock, and sees it is past 5, therefore time to wake up. He tells me he is awake. I grab his milk.

5:05 a.m. — I am waiting in the living room but he doesn’t come out. Also, this:

5:29 a.m. — My partner puts the milk bottle away and Little Bun fell back asleep but then woke up when Daddy left and then started wailing because I wasn’t in the bedroom. I rush to him. My partner tells me we have to regulate his bedtime and he has to sleep at the same time daily as he isn’t sleeping well (plus is sick). I agree. We need to do a bedtime routine schedule.

6:03 a.m. — Little Bun is up, cuddling under my sweater in the hallway. He sobs into my chest that he didn’t see me and didn’t know where I was, so that’s why he was crying. I snuggle him. He’s feeling sick and very clingy, and after a while, he asks to watch videos. I am making tea, and he screams at me for making too much noise with the boiling water and has to restart his episode. *trying to calm myself*…

7:14 a.m. — My partner is up. I start a load of laundry.

7:29 a.m. — I play with Little Bun and do a metro block setup with the map he created, and then I get ready to go out. I have to transfer some money from bank accounts into another account, and just organize. Little Bun asks me what time I’ll be back, I tell him 14:00, which is right in the middle of his nap. I suggest that he build a city (he named it MNY – Montreal New York and the line only takes half an hour to go around) near his metro line with trees, houses, etc.

10:24 a.m. — I finish working at Starbucks (got myself a free Venti with my 150 stars), and then go to visit the 3 banks to transfer money and get things done. I also answer a few Swagbucks surveys to get some points – slowly working up to 750 so I can get $10. It’s free money to answer surveys and my referral gets you 300SB which is halfway to $10.

1:26 p.m. — I treat myself to a black bean vegan burger and some cheesecake. They are delicious, filling and I should not have waited so long to eat because I am shaking. $17.90


1:50 p.m. — I refill my toothpaste at a zero waste store. $5.46

12:08 p.m. — I find $2 on the ground of a parking lot. SCORE!!! This is oddly satisfying because it is truly like bonus money, not like my paycheque which I know is a given… I love finding money on the ground in any denomination. $2 is quite a good haul. LOL

5:17 p.m. — I play hide and seek with him. He doesn’t like me hiding in the same spots over and over again and the spot he NEVER finds me in is in the bathroom, behind the door with the lights off. I don’t know why but he never knows I am there.

6:22 p.m. — “Mommy, two dust bunnies died and four survived. We will get them tomorrow!“.. I nod and ask him where they are hiding. He tells me: “They go into the empty bedroom because they’re scared of us!“. Let’s do another Busy Worker Plan Mommy.

7:15 p.m. — I start warning him that we are going to get ready for bed. AMPLE TIME.

8:05 p.m. — We actually start getting ready, because Daddy hijacked some time to read a book together (see: earlier fights about him not doing anything with Little Bun). We also make a Busy Worker plan for tomorrow – Clean Toys, Vacuum, Dishes, Make Cake.

8:58 p.m. — We brush our teeth, watch one episode of Baby Looney Tunes (a full one), and then play a Flashlight game and go to sleep.

9:31 p.m. — Actual sleeping I am sure.

Spent: $17.90


6:20 a.m. — He woke up “late” but I am SO HAPPY! This means he slept well, no 4 a.m. wakeup to wait until 5 … I am going to keep to this routine tonight as well.

6:49 a.m. — I try out the new toothpaste pills but they are kind of strange. You have to crunch on them first, and then start brushing… Still, a better way to carry toothpaste when traveling than in a tube if you have restrictions on liquids.

7:40 p.m. — We start on our plan and clean toys, vacuum, etc. I am dragging today even though I slept well, and I am just tired. I slowly make a matcha tea, and Little Bun gets angry at me because he wants me to be louder and fun and Happy Mommy, but I am right now Slow Mommy Sloth. I tell him not to yell at me, I am tired and I don’t have energy right now.

8:16 a.m. — My partner goes out to run errands. Our fridge looks like this at the end of the week:

All of the milk etc will be done in a week.

10:31 a.m. — We finish all of our errands for today, he watches some videos and my brain is slowly kicking into gear.  Little Bun goes and proactively strips the entire bed because he says he wants to wash everything and have a clean bed. O_o

10:45 a.m. — My partner is home, and Little Bun waits for his weekly croissant.

1:35 p.m. — I head out for the day, and drop by the bank, then log in and work on the blog in the car – I am scheduled up until the end of June now. I was going to go browse a thrift store but am trying to not spend any more money this month because I am saving up for my NYC trip and this Reiss dress I have been lusting over. REALLY TRYING TO RESIST!

2:06 p.m. — I leave and drop by a cafe and pay for a cinnamon cake which in the end was old and kind of dry. Other people around me are taking cakes (the same cake) that looks like an apple cinnamon thing. Maybe I’ll try it out next time. $3.25

2:13 p.m. — I work on my mini series on how I pick a dividend stock. I am finding it a little challenging to explain concepts and calculations without using technical terms, but … let’s give it a shot.

5:19 p.m. — Home, I do laundry, clean up, play with Little Bun to build a massive set of towers (which he later dismantles…)

6:50 p.m. — We have a vegetarian dinner – avocados, homemade bread, salad and eggs, and then I do all the dishes and have the kitchen clean for tomorrow’s cooking.

8:20 p.m. — We start winding down for bed – I get him to brush his teeth, then we watch a video cuddling together (his favourite activity), and then a flashlight story, a flashlight game of guessing shapes he makes up on the wall, and then bedtime.

Spent: $3.25


??:?? — I wake up a bit tired, but I just am not sleeping well with Little Bun constantly throwing off his blankets and then squealing he is cold.

7:34 a.m. — I make a cup of matcha and enjoy it.

7:59 a.m. — Off to yoga!

9:08 a.m. — At yoga, I easily slide into the splits. I’m shocked. Not even 6 months ago I was having issues with getting down to the ground but now I can do it, AND bend forward to hug my leg in the position. On either side! Now to work on MIDDLE splits.

12:03 p.m. — At home, my partner made a delicious treat of pasta with melted cheese and mushrooms (100% vegetarian and delicious but very fattening). This cheese has STUNK UP MY CAR and the entire house while cooking, as well as the fridge.. it’ll take a week to clear out.

12:30 p.m. — I sit and watch a video with Little Bun while laundry is being done. Dishes have to be done too but I am really dragging today. He tells me he wants to clean up the bedroom before he sleeps so it is nice and clear.

1:00 p.m. — Little Bun announces it is time for him to go down for his nap. He quietly shuts down the laptop, cleans up the bedroom as promised, and tucks in his stuffed animal to nap alongside him. He also tells me he doesn’t need Daddy to nap with him. My partner had to wean himself off daily naps because he can’t nap while at school.. LOL .. so he fake naps beside Little Bun to get him to sleep but now he doesn’t need him I guess. Or he wants to spend the next 2 hours of Quiet Time, playing.

2:05 p.m. — This IG video was especially painful to watch. I see and used to see lots of people going around with large carts, looking for cans just to redeem for $0.05. To see this man’s WORK get taken away from him in one fell swoop was truly heartbreaking. That said, racism responding to racism is not the answer. The action of these jackholes doesn’t represent or speak for their community either, and there are people on all sides distraught to see this happen.

3:25 p.m. — After his nap we clean up a little, and play “trains”. Honestly, it is just me taking a train and going “choo choo” around his metro line made up of blocks. We do this for 3 minutes. THREE MINUTES OF CHOO CHOOING….. until he decides he wants to try another game (omg finally).. and we play something else – he makes up a game of some tower building block nonsense.

3:40 p.m. — “Mommy where is my MNY metro map?“… uh oh. I think my partner tossed it in recycling. I fish it out but it is folded in half and Little Bun immediately fake wails (he isn’t really upset or hurt, he’s just annoyed that it has been “ruined” (folded in half = ruined) but he cries in this half fake-cry that all children possess), and I ignore him wailing on the floor. I just suggest he draw another one. Not going to give in to whining. He wails a bit more, sees I am not going to comfort him, and he draws a second one, then rips up the first one for recycling.

4:56 p.m. — I go through my own papers, do the dishes, etc.

5:25 p.m. — He asks to “play math” with Mommy, so we sit in the bedroom and I give him double-digit multiplication problems for him to solve like 17 x 9 … you break up the 17 into 10 x 9 and then 7 x 9 and then add the results.

5:57 p.m. — I make a little dinner and he eats his.

6:33 p.m. — I do laundry, dry it, we fold it together on the floor – he is actually a very good child for all of this but it takes him FOREVER to get to folding things, however he gets it done and I guess thats all that matters, even if he moves to his own pace.

7:18 p.m. — I go and read my book for a bit while he is distracted with a fruit smoothie.

8:00 p.m. — I cue him to start getting ready for bed – teeth brushed, flossed (PROPERLY or no Flashlight story), we set up the laptop and watch one episode together, cuddling (his favourite activity – he loves to share his insights into Baby Looney Tunes with me) and then he shuts down, and we do a Flashlight story about Carrots the Bunny not wanting to learn how to swim (the episode was about Baby Daffy Duck not wanting to swim), and then bedtime.

Spent: $0


Want more? Read all of my previous Week of Money Diaries.


  • Sarah

    The Busy Worker plan gives me heart eyes every time you post it. Such a cute idea!

    Your fridge is amazing, but I am a the opposite: total food hoarder… I live for the feeling after going to the grocery store and everything is fully stocked. It has gotten worse since we started isolating. At least we don’t waste anything…

Post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *