Save. Spend. Splurge.

Week of Money: On my 7th cold. IS THIS FOR REAL NOW.


??:?? — I’m up coughing, my nose running…

6:00 a.m. — Little Bun is up and I grab him his milk.

6:20 a.m. — We are not going to work, the world has officially frozen over. 2 centimetres of ice.

6:35 a.m. — Little Bun wants to watch videos — it is how I keep him quiet while I work, and I don’t mind because he is QUIET and I get to work.

6:40 a.m. — The music is getting to my partner.

6:55 a.m. — I am tired and frustrated. My partner already tossed his headphones in the trash because he had the wire in his mouth last week, and now he doesn’t want him to watch videos. The problem is that Little Bun won’t leave me alone and hassles ME to play with him 24/7 if I don’t let him watch videos or something more interesting than Mommy. I NEED TO WORK.

7:35 a.m. — My partner packs up and storms off to work, pissed off with the whining from Little Bun to watch videos, my stress in having to sit in front of the screen and I cannot go to the bedroom to play with him, and we’re all annoyed.

8:02 a.m. — Little Bun gets videos, watching how cars play nice with each other from the series – Smart Wheel City.

8:50 a.m. — A colleague messages me, asking for gossip on my situation with my work drama.

9:27 a.m. — I get CC’d by an exasperated Director who is on my side, asking my new replacement how things are going. I’m no longer involved (I was pulled as part of my office drama) but he is just as frustrated as I am because it was not our decision but another clueless VP who decided it because I am “not one of them”, so I shouldn’t be heading the project, so to speak. Whatever. I’m going to talk to the person (now) heading that project, but I’m out of it, as you have requested… don’t ask me to do your work.

10:15 a.m. — I make soup for Little Bun.

10:27 a.m. — I eat my lunch early.

12:08 p.m. — He goes down for a nap, but ONLY if I sit beside him. I am not allowed to nap, or sleep, I can only sit beside him as he drifts off to bed. WTF.. I do it because I don’t want to argue.

12:28 p.m. — He’s out like a light, and I leave to go work at the desk properly.

12:56 p.m. — I eat the rest of that Toblerone. We all knew it wouldn’t last long, right? I need to replenish my supply.

1:44 p.m. — Little Bun wakes up all pink-faced, slightly damp from sleep sweat and drool and all mussy-haired. It is cuter than it sounds. I scoop him up in my arms and shower him in kisses until he wiggles away and asks for milk.

1:50 p.m. — Milk done. He wants to watch more videos on playhouses and interesting things in a dollhouse.

2:19 p.m. — I get back to work.

3:36 p.m. — I start making some noodles for an early dinner.

4:12 p.m. — Noodles eaten, I log off.

4:30 p.m. — Little Bun reluctantly shuts down.

4:34 p.m. — We spend the next hour and a half playing on the bed, making up mountain games with the blanket and his toy cars.

6:32 p.m. — Time for a snack. He peels and eats two orange clementines by himself.

6:34 p.m. — I’ll shower tomorrow night and wear my hair in a bun tomorrow. My partner must be REALLY angry at me to not come home until late. He is never home later than 6, normally.

7:50 p.m. — Partner comes in under a dark cloud. I yell at him to not even come home if he is going to act like this. He ignores me and flips over and falls asleep. WTF. I hate this man cave crap, but apparently this is what many guys do — go into a cave, brood, then come out when they’re ready to talk. No sense in poking the bear in the cave, you won’t get anything out of him and he’ll retreat even further.

8:11 p.m. — Little Bun is upset by our drama. He crawls into my arms for comfort and then falls asleep.

Spent: $0


6:00 a.m. — I wake up refreshed-ish, but still angry from last night. My partner is just ridiculous sometimes. He is far too overprotective. I bite my tongue.. And say hello / good morning, and get a lukewarm response. He is still in his cave, so I leave him there to sulk it out.

6:01 a.m. — I get Little Bun his milk, I get ready for work, and Little Bun picks out my accessories.

6:11 a.m. — I get dressed, we take selfies, LookBook, he helps me drink my medicine (Bio-K), and I drink half a cup of warm milk.

6:36 a.m. — We leave early because my boss doesn’t get in until late today because he doesn’t have a 7 a.m. meeting, so I am safe to drive in my nice car and leisurely get out with Little Bun and get to preschool.

6:59 a.m. — I drop him off at preschool, and then get to work.

7:24 a.m. — At work, I grab my tea, start working, and then vent to my colleague about my partner. She totally gets it. She has/had the same thing at home.

7:50 a.m. — After a good chat, I get to work and then review a couple of presentations.

8:33 a.m. — I have that meeting to “knowledge transfer”, and I tell her the project is waiting on Person X, Person Z and Person Y. So I leave her with that. I can see she isn’t one of those proactive, mini project managers that my Director likes working for him because then he doesn’t have to do jack and just knows it is going to get done, delivered and be perfect. That is not what he is going to get with her. She is like a helpless kitten — What do I do now? What comes next? What do I do? … damn it, email them and ask them what the status is. Take some action, and ask them, get it done. Poke poke poke.. I’m one of those “let’s go” types, so I really don’t like it when people are lazy or play helpless.

9:15 a.m. — My colleague leaves for the day. I like him a lot, but I also like having some breathing room (we are packed like sardines in here), and it is nice to have some freer desk space now that he’s gone.

11:01 a.m. — I go upstairs and instead of my lunch, I decide on making a breakfast sandwich for lunch instead (I skipped my sandwich this morning). I will eat my lunch later if I have to…

11:24 a.m. — I practice some Spanish while waiting for my lunch.

11:47 a.m. — I get invited out to go to Costco (bad idea) to hang out with that colleague and I go to just have some time out. It’s a bus ticket to get there. $2.75

12:05 p.m. — I wander around with her and I end up buying cheese slices and turkey for the office, I am buying enough until the end of NEXT month as it will keep well, but saving a TON of money. $23.98

12:37 p.m. — She tells me her son is really into brand names now, like Comme des Garçons which is a brand that she did not know, but I know well – of course I do – and she was shocked at the $200 tag for these black Converse CdG shoes he wanted. LOL… if only she knew. I don’t say anything but she told him “no way”, and he has been trying to get these shoes.

12:49 p.m. — We take the bus back. $2.75

1:12 p.m. — At the office, I make a tea, and get back to work trying to clean up my old files and delete things I don’t need. I don’t know why I’m not hungry today. I made a sandwich around 11-ish and I might make another one before leaving today, but *shrug* I just don’t feel hungry.

2:19 p.m. — My mind wanders and I wonder if I should spend more time focusing on the blog. I guess if I want to ramp it up to be an alternate source of income to alleviate the bills when I am not on contract (like “FU” income to clients who are being unreasonable), this is a good way to go. Plus it’s fine.

2:21 p.m. — I watch a few videos on how to ramp up all this stuff and .. it’s an effing full-time job ON TOP of blogging. You need a team. Or to do this full-time but like overworking yourself like a dog full-time.. 100+ hours a week to get it going. I can’t devote that kind of time, so I decide on just little changes, small things, maybe an app here or there to help me be that stand-in help because I am unable to do that. So far I bought Tailwind for a year (use my referral link to try it out for a month for free!)

3:08 p.m. — I am just waiting it out for the end of the day. I am tired, last week was working through lunch, and having worked part of the weekend (I wasn’t supposed to have logged in but I did it anyway), I need to take this time back for myself. The problem is that it’s raining so I am not motivated to go for walks to relax, and this whole affair with my partner is making me very grumpy. I do not like discord in the home and with work stress it is not helping.

3:28 p.m. — I re-check my star sign horoscope for online (OKAY IT IS STUPID and has ZERO basis in rationality and logic) but sometimes it makes me feel better. If it doesn’t make me feel good, I just chalk it up to stupid airy-fairy nonsense, but if it is right on the dot, I claim it as my own. This is the rule with fortune cookies as well. Only the good stuff stays.

4:03 p.m. — I get Little Bun and head home. It’s apple slices today, so he’s not interested. 😛

4:28 p.m. — At home, I take a shower while he plays in the bathroom,

5:33 p.m. — Shower over, bathroom cleaned up, I start a load of laundry.

6:22 p.m. — I pay the telephone bill (I’m only on the hook for half though). $40.77

6:25 p.m. — Feel like some noodles…

6:37 p.m. — Yep, making them. I make a huge pile of noodles and share with Little Bun (we pay a 20% food tax to him).

7:44 p.m. — We get ready for bed after playing with cards on the floor and “making a cake” by piling cards on top of each other. He says he is making a Purple Pie Cake.

8:20 p.m. — Just REFUSING to sleep. I make up a story, blatantly ripped off from Pete the Cat – I love my white shoes, and use different animals, foods, fruits, colours and things. Tucked in, we do Harry the Hedgehog, Jumpy The Dog and Gillian The Giraffe and they all get their shoes dirty then clean & wet at the end.

8:50 p.m. — My partner and I chat in the dark while Little Bun wiggles and refuses to sleep.

Spent: $70.25


??:?? — Can’t sleep. WTF.


5:30 a.m. — Tired. Not really his fault. I think I drank too much tea yesterday — 3 cups no more. 2 cups is my max.

6:02 a.m. — I make tea, and then start getting ready. My outfit today:

7:00 a.m. — We leave for preschool & work.

7:21 a.m. — No tears but he DID NOT want to come today. *sigh* I also later read that after breakfast yesterday, he had burst into tears randomly and had to be held while he sobbed for Mommy. Dang it… It’s because of the day I stayed at home AND that my partner and I had a huge fight, so he is sensitive to all that. I am SURE.

7:44 a.m. — Time to work.

11:08 a.m. — Call with an executive.

12:08 p.m. — Lunch. I wanted to go out to eat but it looked like it would rain so I refrained and ate my beans instead. Like a good saver…

12:28 p.m. — I read a book.. sort of. Not really. My mind is not focused, I’m tired.

12:56 p.m. — Back to work.

1:24 p.m. — These people I work with, make my day. They’re all pretty annoyed I am no longer leading this stuff and have complained to people who can make it happen because it just impedes their projects, and it is in their best interest that I take over, get it done and have this other person learn from me… They are all doing it backwards but I can’t say anything and yet I am saying things.. They got my back. <3

2:10 p.m. — I try calling to make an appointment for Little Bun’s vaccination and the government clinic here tells me to call back at the end of April because “they don’t have their schedule yet”. W.T.F. This is some BS. I never had to do this in Ontario, only in Québec do I get so frustrated with this #%(#*%) healthcare system of this province. I’m so annoyed I’m about to pay for a private clinic. I’ll try at the end of April to get an appointment. If I do not get one, I will pay for a private clinic and be done with it.

3:24 p.m. — I get caught up on an issue and doubt myself, but then realize I could not be that dumb. HAH. PROVED I WAS NOT CRAZY TO MYSELF. I’ll take the win.

3:33 p.m. — I gossip with my team lead about another lead. Bad Sherry! But he is really not the type to gossip but now he knows why the other lead can’t keep resources, everyone quits after 3 months. LOL. He buys me a Kitkat to share with him as compensation for the office dirt. Sweet.

4:04 p.m. — I pick up Little Bun and head home. We get sidetracked with CHEERIOS (he eats them one.. by…. one… a whole bag…)

4:24 p.m. — Little Bun and I finally head home.

5:12 p.m. — At home, I get cleaned up, wash my face, and go through my To Dos. I have to find some dry cleaning to take advantage of this discount I have.

5:24 p.m. — I cancel the Poshmark order for those dark grey boots. -$161.84

6:18 p.m. — I use my store credit online and pick up a dress and a cute pair of lace underwear. $0

6:56 p.m. — Time for some delicious smoked salmon and avocado toast.

7:25 p.m. — We start getting ready for bed, and I promise to do 3 stories of the animal that changed shoe colours.

8:56 p.m. — Actual bedtime. I think.

Refunded: $161.84

Spent: $0


??:?? — AGAIN. I can’t sleep.

??:?? — AGAIN!!.. What is this!?

6:00 a.m. — I wake up tired. My partner wants to stay at home but Little Bun is in a MOOD. Then.. the temper tantrums and whining starts and I basically for the next half hour, see red and lose it. When I am tired, I am far more rage-y. This is not good but .. damn it… I can only be so patient before I can’t take it. I end up locking Little Bun out of the bathroom so I can have some peace and on the other side he just gets more and more enraged, flinging himself against the door like a miniature WWE wrestler… FML

6:44 a.m. — I am now patting Little Bun and hugging his red little face… worn out. Completely.. I’m done.

7:24 a.m. — I drop him off at preschool like a zombie. They all sympathize with me. I have not slept well. I am exhausted.

9:33 a.m. — I just find out my colleague got “divorced” (he’s gay, so he isn’t married per se), from someone whom he had been with for 30 years. OMG… I feel so bad for him. It’s only been two weeks. He’s moving out, buying his own place and starting afresh. This is so sad. I hope it was mutual. That’s why he has been taking so many half days off. OMG 🙁

11:24 a.m. — Deposit my cheque for the remaining balance on a closed credit card (not closed by MY choice.. mind you).. +$4.90

11:58 a.m. — Lunch with the boys. $15.87

11:48 a.m. — I buy some Nutella donut things that looked good and scarf them down. Honestly, I can just buy a tub of nutella and spread it on crappy bread and I would have been just as happy. Not worth it because it is easily replicable. $5.17

1:00 p.m. — Back at the office in time for a meeting.

1:20 p.m. — Meeting. I’m a zombie but I manage to contribute quite a bit. I don’t have a problem speaking up in meetings. I know a lot of women do, or have a block on this, but I don’t. I guess it helps if you know what you’re talking about too.

3:00 p.m. — Meeting over, I practice some Spanish on Duolingo and then tiredly try to help people with stuff. Can’t. Don’t wanna.

3:40 p.m. — I leave early and get Little Bun.

4:14 p.m. — Traffic is a clusterf*ck for everyone…… for sure my partner will be home LATE today. It is deep, dark, angry red traffic lines all over.

4:30 p.m. — We check the mail.

5:07 p.m. — I put away everything, throw out the garbage (the bag was getting heavy and it pulled down the sides.. so no point in trying to fix it, we just need BIGGER garbage bags that are longer and fit better.

5:14 p.m. — SOLD! I buy olive green booties instead with an interesting brown strap.. it would be more versatile in a neutral for my wardrobe than dark grey. $161.44

5:35 p.m. — I finally take my shower.

6:03 p.m. — We have a nice meal of crab cakes and smoked salmon with avocado. My partner cuts up the avocado slices and makes a heart for me, which is very, very sweet of him especially after the row we had.

7:11 p.m. — Little Bun is happy at all the food coming his way, it is really like a party and surprisingly, gobbles down the crab cake even though it is a little spicy. He asks for MOAAAAAAAH

7:33 p.m. — After dinner, he is stuffed – his belly sticks out like when he was a chubby baby – and we play on the bed.

7:40 p.m. — I hand him the containers of my ORG Mineral skincare (tubes, really), and label them with numbers (1,2,3,4,5), and he VERY happily stacks them, arranges them, and says things like: UH OH! Watch out Number two! Be careful Number five!! .. it is adorable. He plays by himself, totally engrossed in his own world, which is WHAT I WANT for him.

7:55 p.m. — As per my partner’s very calm email to me about our recent issues which we worked out, I have been working on not being always the “Super Fun Parent who Always Says Yes” which in contrast makes him look like the “Bad Parent”. I have stopped letting him watch videos all day long (my nanny, really), and told him videos only happen on Saturdays or Sundays. He has now accepted this new rule and doesn’t ask for videos any more.

7:56 p.m. — My partner has started trying to proactively interact with him without waiting for Little Bun to go to him, and waiting for him to play with him even though Mommy is around but I can sense that he is ill at ease with this approach – he is not sure and comfortable with kids the way I am – and has told me he plans on doing more external stuff with him like going to the park to kick a ball alone, going to play soccer with him alone, and so on. THANK GOODNESS. I’m really looking forward to summer then.

8:22 p.m. — We all get ready for bed after a great meal and a nice time together playing on the bed. Little Bun does not protest it because I came up with that new shoe colour changing story with the animals, and he ASKS to be changed for bed, and for the animal stories where he gets to choose the animal, the name of the animal, where they are going, and sometimes offers what food / fruit the animal steps in to change his shoe colour. Life is much easier now.

9:?? p.m. — We all go to sleep after my partner and I keep talking through the night but Little Bun WON’T sleep if we are talking, so we agree to shelve our conversation and sleep. I love these night talks…

Deposited: $4.90

Spent: $182.48


??:?? — Little Bun Potty. While on the potty, Little Bun Nosebleed #1 begins (fastest way to stop a noseblood is hydrogen peroxide soaked on a pad and a corner twisted / stuffed up his nose and held there to force the bleeding to stop – it DOES NOT hurt or sting).

??:?? — Little Bun Nosebleed #2

??:?? — Little Bun giggling and laughing like a maniac in his dream. It is very sweet and cute, but it is LOUD. I mean FULL ON belly laughing…. while sleeping.

??:?? — Little Bun is thirsty/hungry and wants milk – probably from the salty-ish smoked salmon from last night; he is not used to that amount of salt

??:?? — Little Bun Screaming – TWO! I NEED TWO I NEED TWO!!!!!!! .. Two what? I blearily ask him, and then he sort of half comes out of his nightmare and falls back asleep.

6:03 a.m. — OMFG. Is this what a zombie feels like? I am.. fuzzy-heaaded. And tired AF.

6:04 a.m. — I slowly sit up, and don’t move… then he gets mad that Mommy is not getting up but I tell him it is because I did not get my morning Hug and Kiss. He beams, runs into my arms, and I hold him tight, hugging in his baby-ness that is slowly turning into a rock-solid little boy body, and I kiss both cheeks.

6:10 a.m. — I start getting ready, and he protests it because he doesn’t want me to go to work. I firmly tell him he stays at home today with his father, and he gives in, after I distract him with helping me pick out a watch.

6:15 a.m. — I hand him the pretty necklace (my gorgeous reader-gifted Nakamol – 5 blue beaded stone necklace) I planned on wearing today, and of course, he drops it and a piece of one of the stone snaps in half. He panics, I’m calm, and resigned, but not angry. I should have never handed him such a delicate necklace, it was my fault. He is calm as a result of my being calm, which is nice… I am really working on not screaming at him but when you are tired, all the best plans go out the window.

6:33 a.m. — I ask my partner for some super glue and he helps me fix it instantly. I leave it to dry on my hallway tray, facing up and I’ll wear it in 3 days or whatever. No big deal. I’m too much of a zombie to scream right now. I’m super, eerily, tiredly calm.

6:45 a.m. — I finish dressing, and he refuses to let me wear a watch, but I insist on it, and he gives in and chooses one.

6:48 a.m. — I pour myself half a cup of milk, warm it up, and then grab my lunch, grab all my drycleaning into one bag (I have a 25% off coupon so I’m milking it and doing all my blazers, my winter coat and this shawl I love), and a donation for the Salvation Army.

6:56 a.m. — Lugging 4 bags down to the car, I get ready to leave. A neighbour passes by and grins at me, (all the guys) LOVE my car, and are far friendlier now than ever, like when I had a beat up lemon sitting in the same spot. See? Can’t judge by appearances. I chose to drive a lemon.

7:22 a.m. — I get to work, speed up a little to avoid a co-worker recognizing me in my car (although he may have.. but I don’t care, he is not going to ever say anything), and then drop off my drycleaning, drop off my donation, and head into work.

7:40 a.m. — My team lead comes in shortly after, I make a tea with the team and start on my morning activities.

7:50 a.m. — Halfway through I take a break, quickly write a birthday card, and mail it immediately – I am so organized that I have stamps and everything for such “emergencies”…

9:15 a.m. — I shoot off an email to work on something important and re-prioritize what I think is more important to work on. My team lead is sort of clueless in the fact that he wants me to work on what HE thinks is important but really isn’t.

10:00 a.m. — Time for a sandwich. I make a breakfast sandwich and it is great but now I am not going to be hungry for lunch…

11:03 a.m. — I get sucked up into an emergency issue and work through my entire lunch. I don’t get to take a break at all….

12:45 p.m. — I AM TAKING MY BREAK. I head out for a walk and to buy some cake.

1:08 p.m. — I pick up a very healthy vegetable entree… it is zucchini, carrots, raisins, pineapples……. Okay, whatever, it is a carrot cake. It was a cross between a healthy lunch and a dessert for me. As close as I could get anyway, seeing as I didn’t want to walk all the way down into Old Montreal to go to this dangerous pastry shop I love. $7.19

1:20 p.m. — I grab a fork from my lunch bag in the cafeteria and see the director for the first time I have ever been here, actually sitting and eating with colleagues. I avoid them. I don’t want to impose.

1:28 p.m. — I sit and log in, review a few things, check out some stocks… and make notes to myself.

1:33 p.m. — Work.

4:15 p.m. — I am walking out the door and a HUGE slew of executives chirp: HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND…. what’s gotten into them?.. I give them the suspicious side eye. They wanted to fire me and now they’re thrilled to greet me? WTF.

4:30 p.m. — At home, Little Bun squeals and barrels into my legs, hugging them tight at the door. He loves me so.

4:34 p.m. — He bursts into tears. Maybe he hates me now.

4:35 p.m. — My partner wryly informs me that he did not take a long nap. Maybe about 15 minutes. So he is.. sort.. of.. cranky.. and tired.. and transitioning out of his nap phase. Oh. Great. Dropping a nap completely. This will be fun…….Said no sane parent, EVER. I’m going to need a lot of chocolate.

5:00 p.m. — My partner heads out and I organize / work on things, do and dry ALL the dishes, unpack, wash my face, put away my clothes and start two loads of laundry back to back.

6:25 p.m. — Okay. So. Baby Bun, NEVER peed on me the way little boys are supposed to when you change their diaper. You know, like a miniature fountain? Well.. LITTLE BUN.. on the potty, has peed on me at least 5 times in the past 2 months because he *ahem* was sticking up and just sprays all over the bathroom, my clothes, his clothes, the toilet seat… OMG. I guess this is payback.

6:44 p.m. — I start a big bowl of noodles with my favourite “sauce” of nutritional yeast, rich, fermented soy sauce and a bit of sesame oil. I make enough for Little Bun and I.

7:00 p.m. — We eat sitting together side by side, then I get him ready for bed proactively. He is definitely getting crankier and crankier… This is not going to be fun.

7:45 p.m. — In bed and no signs of flagging. If anything he has gone into hyper-over-tired-phase and is now crying about everything — the curtains are up, my leg is not perfectly even with the other, my partner is not letting him “slide”.. GGAAAAAAHHHHH..

8:20 p.m. — Finally, leaning against my chest, wrapped with a blanket around him, and my arms hugging him (NO PAT BUM! NO PAT!, he squeals), he conks out in 10 seconds.

8:34 p.m. — Bliss. I chat a bit with my partner, and then conk out too.

Spent: $7.19


??:?? — Squealing.

??:?? — Wiggled off the bed, now he wants to be back on me again.

??:?? — Lost his blankets. WTF.

6:00 a.m. — I’m up. I am UP. I grab his milk.

6:10 a.m. — After his milk, I make tea and start working on this project I am doing as a challenge with my friend for fun.

6:27 a.m. — We share a banana.

7:08 a.m. — My partner leaves for errands.

7:09 a.m. — TIME FOR NURSERY RHYMES. He has been waiting and dying all week to watch his videos. Making them a scarce resource has been great, because now he behaves to be able to watch them. Sweet.

7:24 a.m. — I start shopping like mad… I can’t help myself. Sleep deprivation and because it’s a special event, you know. things happen.

8:09 a.m. — I do dishes.

8:45 a.m. — I feed Little Bun his soup (as requested), and he finishes the whole bowl and asks for MORE. Dang child…

9:13 a.m. — Between 9-ish to noon, I spend and buy a lot of stuff secondhand because it is a special month and I gave myself a $500 budget to do what I wanted with. *cough cough* All the following is WITH shipping AND converted from USD to CAD…

  • Striped J. Crew button-up shirt – $15.86
  • M. Gemi black pointed flats with a patent leather detail – $31.72
  • J. Crew royal blue accordion pleat peplum top – $28.25
  • Theory white wrap tie dress – $32.25
  • All Saints Apea metallic woven sweater – $61.92
  • J. Crew Tuxedo pleat front grey shirt – $37.39
  • Charles-Chang Lima Ivory pleated textured sheath with pockets – $136.41
  • Marissa Webb black tuxedo silk blazer dress – $136.41

Hard, freakin’ total: $480.21

11:13 a.m. — BUT! At retail value, I can tell you it costs far more. I mean the Charles-Chang Lima dress already retailed at $1300 USD or $1677 CAD… I mean, SERIOUSLY!? Only $136!? What a gorgeous deal. Here’s the dress.. it is textured SILK and pleated with POCKETS. OMFG. And it is like new.

The structure and the construction is beyond amazing.

The pleating is stunning:

Look at that neckline:

And the sleeves are just stunning to curve in. The only thing I don’t love is the CAP sleeve but if I don’t love it, I’ll just have a tailor chop it to make it sleeveless.

12:08 p.m. — My partner comes home and we eat Camembert and some bread for lunch (Little Bun’s second lunch).

12:28 p.m. — I head out and Little Bun only protests a little but then decides if he gets TEN hugs and TEN kisses then I can go. He picks out my ring, my watch, and then kisses and hugs me forever until I go. He stands at the door waving good-bye as I leave and lock the door.

12:56 p.m. — At work, I log into wifi and we start working together remotely.

4:15 p.m. — I leave early and the traffic is just not moving. Like DEAD STOP, three lanes moving into one. It would be an hour to get back home, so I take the long way around and end up saving at least half an hour.

5:03 p.m. — At home, I hug and kiss Little Bun, remove my mineral sunscreen and then play with him while my partner makes us a salad.

5:47 p.m. — I eat a nice salad with some “pizza” alone because I got back too late (Little Bun couldn’t wait, so they ate before me), and a crab cake with an avocado heart.

6:12 p.m. — I log in and work some more on our challenge.

7:45 p.m. — I do the dishes and then dry all of them, and put away the laundry.

8:10 p.m. — Little Bun helps his father make bread dough..


Spent: $480.21


??:?? — Little Bun can’t sleep. Potty, but it is habit now because he is not actually peeing much. WTF. FML.

??:?? — He won’t go back to sleep. He sits on top of my stomach and sings songs. I gently force him down to sleep and he sleeps on top of me, then on my side then on my other side, then between my legs.. OMFG GO THE *#% TO SLEEP.

6:30 a.m. — Really.. effin’ exhausted. I smile at him anyway. He is so sweet and refreshed, and I love him. We do a silent morning hug and kiss.

6:34 a.m. — I get up and make tea.

6:40 a.m. — I log in and help polish up the presentation, and type a lot of notes and speaking points.

8:02 a.m. — My partner gets up to start cooking and squeezes fresh orange juice for us <3

8:33 a.m. — Now a slice of homemade almond butter cake! YUM!

9:07 a.m. — I feel like the Bio-K has really helped cut back on the effects of my cold. Maybe it’s a placebo but I’ll take it.

10:20 a.m. — Little Bun turns into a MONSTER. OMG.

10:33 a.m. — I take him out to work off his energy and we just walk around the grocery store. He insists I buy something but doesn’t know what and yet keeps leading me back to the sushi aisle. I end up compromising on a turkey meatball instead. $4.49

10:35 a.m. — Know what actually creeps me out? Long nails. Long, pointed nails. *shudder*

11:59 a.m. — At home, salad but I can’t eat it. I just am not hungry on Sundays at lunch for some reason.

12:01 p.m. — Little Bun finishes his entire meal.

12:18 p.m. — I log in to check the presentation and my team is… effin’ amazing. What a great set of people.

12:56 p.m. — I try to coax Little Bun to go down for a nap after lunch.

12:45 p.m. — He actually keeps playing but then I manage to wheedle him to lie down, and we ALL nap together.

2:48 p.m. — I know he is awake. He is moving around, wiggling, and making noises, soft whuffles.. I know he is awake but I am so warm, cocooned and well rested that I DO NOT want to get up. I keep my eyes closed. I can feel him lean in and check my eyes. He doesn’t touch me or anything but he wiggles around me, crawling, kicking blankets up with his feet.. checking on my face again..

2:50 p.m. — He finally pats my arm and moves his face VERY close to mine, almost touching, then pulls back. I pretend to “wake up” and I grin at him. He smiles back, he leans in for his hug and kisses me.

2:52 p.m. — I get up and get his milk groggily. I slept well, felt refreshed but I could probably have conked out for the whole night to be honest.

3:18 p.m. — I start on the dishes reluctantly.

4:04 p.m. — I consider taking him out for a meal… We instead, cut his hair with a razor (free) and tell him he’s being sheared like a sheep. He giggles (it feels tickly) and wiggles around.

4:22 p.m. — We take a long bath where I change the water at least three times to get rid of all the little hairs stuck to him.

4:56 p.m. — Bathroom cleaned, my own body covered in this delicious smelling lavender lotion (dang I might go back and buy more even at $22 a pop..), I want to take him out to eat.

5:40 p.m. — I take him out to eat pizza. He loves it. It’s a nice Mommy-Baby activity. $15.79

6:48 p.m. — Back at home, we get undressed, I drink some water, and he puts on the videos by himself and watches music-free ones about washing vegetables, and some story about being in a castle.

8:48 p.m. — We get caught up in taxes (arguing of course – where did you put that slip! LOL)..and end up not getting to bed until 9:30. NINE THIRTY. I need to start imposing some bed TIMES now.. I am thinking 7:30 get ready, 8pm in bed. I cannot do this any more.

Spent: $20.28


Want more? Read all of my previous Week of Money Diaries.


  • AnonUser842

    Wow. Your partner sounds like a controlling, negative jerk. Perhaps he had a distant dad. Perhaps its something else. It does sound like he doesn’t want to adjust , or he might, but not at the pace you want. I would strongly recommend counseling – he seems to expect your kid to behave like a robot, and still doesnt seem to see it as HIS kid as well. No you are not an outlier – a lot of partners help their wives / girlfriends do a lot – and they are also nice to the kids and treat them like OUR kids not something he needs to babysit. For everything you write in your blog, you are living the example of what should not happen. Get some help please – you seem like a lovely, smart person. Your partner seems overly controlling.

    • Sherry of Save. Spend. Splurge.

      Thank you for your input. Not defending him, but this is something he knows he has to work on. He knows Little Bun is not a robot and I am not either, but he is struggling to reconcile that in his vision of “the perfect life that is the most efficient and best way to live”… 🙂

Post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *