Since I started using The Budgeting Tool (I was still refining it in its early stages), I’ve been diligently tracking my net worth.
I’ve also been using The Investing Tool to grow my savings….
You can really see the story of your life in an instant, just by looking at the ups and downs of your finances.
Past Net Worth Graph
Click to embiggen
What my Net Worth Includes
- Savings (Chequing Account)
- Emergency Fund
- Investments (not tax-sheltered)
- Retirement Savings (tax-sheltered)
- House (purchased in cash; no mortgage)
What my Net Worth DOESN’T Include
- Physical things — Clothes, Laptops, Gadgets, but my estimations is that I would need $30,000 to cover my stuff
- Car —
I don’t own one any longer; I donated my last one to charity;I bought a new car but it isn’t in my net worth either. Maybe I ought to add it. Meh.
- My partner’s money or net worth — it’s all me!!!
- Baby Bun’s money or net worth — again, all me. I do invest it for him though. 🙂