In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
Me wanty. Laurence Basse kills it with this jacket that is so me. The pricetag at $1850 USD is shocking though. *cough*
I just can’t figure out why I would want to ever style this jacket with some bikini bottoms. If I have a swimsuit on, I’d be in hot weather, so I wouldn’t have a leather jacket…. What gives? 😛
- Terrible financial + retirement advice from startup founders. It’s funny that the ones who save money, worry about not saving enough, and the ones who don’t, DEFINITELY don’t worry about saving at all. It’s like they need to switch places for 40 years.
- Does this dress from BR not remind anyone of a butcher’s apron? IT TOTALLY DOES TO ME. I wonder what they were thinking. Maybe they watched too much Project Runway and tried to do what Laurence did with her Butcher’s Block Dress.
- If men and women could ask for the same work flexibilities to work from home & telecommute or leave “early”, I’d be ever so grateful. It’s also why I am planning on asking my partner to leave/stay home more this year because he gets dinged less than I do, work-wise.
- Have been loving these BootRescue wipes to keep my boots going during winter with the salt & slush. It beats digging out the shoe shining kit each time I go out and come back covered in salt. They also have handbag and shoe rescue wipes. Not sure if any of them are really formulated that differently.
- When minimalism isn’t a choice, but a way to show how privileged you are. I’d agree with that.
- I tried on these Todd & Duncan cashmere sweaters from BR, and while their initial run of T&D did not impress me (scratchy, thin).. they have been NEWLY IMPROVED. And come in various colours in-store. Amazing quality. If only they weren’t so $$$$$$. I sort of really like the flared sleeve on this one too.
- Loved this story about going from minimum wage and being passed over to a 6-figure revenue lifestyle.
- This wrap skirt that came in green, was also super cute. I already have a great high-waisted green skirt but if I didn’t, this would have been shortlisted.
- I find it mind boggling, this Free Time Paradox. The poor are supposed to have the least amount of time, and the rich, the most.. but that’s not happening. At. All. It made me think of the Master-Slave Morality (Nietzsche), and in this case, Time is the Master, and Money would be the Slave.
- I liked the simplicity of this necklace. Reminds me of gold feathers but done in a more delicate, ladylike way.
- This is what happens after you track your spending for a week and have to talk about it publicly.
- I don’t know why, but dandelion yellow has been on my brain lately… and this sundress hits it out of the park for me. Wishful summer thinking.
- Anna Jane’s style is almost exactly like mine. I tend to wear more colour than she does though, but in general, every outfit from her is on point for me.
- This is killing your chance at a promotion. I’m guilty of at least 3 of these things.
- My favourite boots are on sale here and here.
- How to rock womenswear basics with a twist, click on the first WSJ link to bypass the paywall.
- I saw this cosy, quilted jacket in-store and felt like I would have purchased it if I didn’t already have something similar.
- Women + Being Single. I’d like a men’s version please.
- A feminine studded leather jacket. I didn’t think it existed. This one is embroidered with flowers for some hippie chic.