What I read this week:
I need to be at all of these Meetups for Parents except for Meetup #2.
My favourite would be the one above because that is my life right now.
I have half a brain on him and half a brain trying to be a coherent adult who can function normally. <3 Ugly Volvo
- These pointed bow flats are just stunning. I love the sort of rose gold colour, and they’re SO PRETTY.
- Wedding dresses around the world are fascinating and beautiful! My favourite wedding dresses of the bunch is the Korean hanbok, Chinese kua & the Indian sari. I just love that minimalist pleating & shape (looks like a gorgeous Cinderella tulip) in the first one (hanbok), and the intricate, wild bright beautiful embroidery and joy in the latter dresses. H/T to AP!
- I am dying for these leather moto boots, they’re stunning in brown and I love the wrap detail.
- Elizabeth Warren is my heroine. She killed it. She also got a $41M return.
- I have this white silk shirtdress that buttons up and I LOVE IT. It’s stunning, it really is. Belted and gorgeous. I want this striped version too.
- Would you ever consider Botox or surgery to fight aging? My philosophy is why fight it? Age gracefully. Everyone knows you age, so even if your face looks 30 but your whole body looks 90, you just look strange unless you wear a lot of turtlenecks or get more surgery done. It’s a never-ending, vicious cycle for women to look young, pretty, fertile and youthful but men can be old, balding, sun-spotted, wrinkled and considered “venerable” not “aged”.
- I am still trying to figure out leopard print, and I think a pair of pointed flats would be pretty safe to start.
- Umm.. what.. I don’t even.. you just need to read this and wonder what is going on. I guarantee you’ll have a WTF moment you’ll want to share immediately. GUARANTEED or 10 minutes of your life back.
- This is the kind of necklace I love, even though it’s sappy…
- Amy Schumer.. Love her. LOVE HER. She’s also the only woman to hit the Forbes list for highest paid comedians. I find her humour veering a little towards the potty-side, but I just loved her in this Vogue video where she swaps lives with Anna Wintour.
- I am still lusting after this watch because I’m a stickler for punctuality but now I want this one too to satisfy my wanderlust.