In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
My mother is a true blue royalist and she is obsessed with the Royal Family, so for her, here are Prince George’s newest third birthday portraits. What a cutie.
- A classic watch with a classic leather band.
- I love Banksy, and this was an awesome response.
- I love this bralette and it actually supports me without suffocating my body & making me sweat like a piglet.
- HILARIOUS!! 5 things that are harder than registering to vote featuring U.S. President Obama .. H/T to Revanche.
- I own this Ted Baker Lorili wrap coat in a vibrant purple, and I love the rose gold accent & floral lining. The camel one is pretty great though. It is meant for spring or autumn only.
- I’ve always worn Birkenstocks from the first day I discovered them. I’m glad to see that they continually comeback as fashion kicks.Takes about 2 weeks for your feet to acclimatize (will feel painful) and then it is AMAZING. I wear them while traveling, at home… they’re awesome. My favourite pair are the classic Arizona’s in a taupe suede leather.
- These winged heels are incredible works of art.
- WHAT A SCAM. I hate it when retailers try to be so backhanded in this Internet Age we live in.
- This is a chunky heel but the straps make it so delicate and feminine.
- Speaking of scams, a Basic Birkin bag costs $800 to make, retails for $5000 (to pay for the marketing machine) but the more expensive ones retail up to $100,000, but they definitely nailed this: ‘more expensive luxury goods, aimed at patricians, will have less obvious branding than cheaper ones‘… I hate logos on bags, particularly big ones. Even the Hermès “H” on belts or bags turns me off completely. I even wrote a bit about the Birkin jumping the shark so to speak.
- Be still my heart! Rose gold cutout ballerinas. My goodness. They look ridiculously comfortable as well with a nice rubber bottom.
- OK I know it’s just marketing some soap, but these Dove #MyBeauty commercials are quite inspiring. (H/T to you know who you are <3)