What I liked this week:
I am crying with laughter right now. This is how you make toast for a toddler. Mine burst into tears the other day because his banana broke in two and I couldn’t put it back together. I offered to eat it instead, but that generated more tears and sobbing, and he finally ate it, grudgingly like it was poisonous through his haze of sobbing and tears.. After he finished, he asked for more. TODDLERS.
These are THE BEST sunglasses.
A big congratulations to Cassie’s new little baby boy.
I love the ombre print of this dress.
- Speaking of children, this is the true cost of Made in China. It is not a lecture, but it certainly made me cry and hug Baby Bun tighter.
- I am seriously eying the ruffles on this dress because I think they would add some interest in front.
- Everybody who eats, should buy / borrow this book on food and read it. It is not dry at all, I promise. It is engrossing and it has completely made me change my mind and the way I look at food which is not easy to do. I’m really pigheaded and bossy.
- A classic leaf printed maxi dress that is perfect for summer patios? Sign me up.
- Is a million dollars enough? It depends on a number of factors for me: cost of living being the biggest one. I would be fine with a million by myself, but my partner would need his own million, so 2 is really our minimum.
- This windowpane print in this skirt is intriguing. I don’t think I own anything like that. However, I am really drawn to these GORGEOUS stripes in an A-line shape, but this one is even more interesting and geometric.
- I’m fascinated by the uber rich fuerdai Chinese in Canada but I can’t help but feel a bit of pity. If anyone has watched the documentary ‘Born Rich’, about American trust fund babies, you would just feel your heart break for how lonely and unsure of themselves they seem, searching for a place in society. There really is more to life than money.
- The floral print in this skirt is more manageable to wear than the dress for me. Less dowdy. I’m also drawn to this floral print, even though it is a little girly for me.
- Women earn 92% to men’s pay when differences are taken into account. Agree?
- Love this nature-inspired branch bracelet, and it’s only $25…
- The Case for Uniform Dressing, meaning do you pretty much wear the same thing over and over again? For me, yes. It is: (1) Wrap dress (2) T-shirt & skinny ankle jeans with a blazer or topper and (3) A-line skirt and a blouse. Speaking of which, do you have a work office code you have to follow, as in being forced to wear heels as a woman?
- I might consider adding this bracelet to my collection. I do love me a good big book…
- I bring almost everything in to be tailored from skirts to pants to even tank tops so that I can wear it and not worry about having to adjust it while in public (annoys me to fidget).. so a story about this Hollywood tailor is inspiring. Right now I do not have a favourite tailor. I just bring my things in to a local tailor around the corner but I don’t love them.
- Tracy Reese makes the most stunning dresses. *swoon* I’m particularly drawn to this striped maxi, and strangely, to this VERY feminine sunshine-y print.