In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
So I ordered this white shirt dress .. it was only $36. We will see how it fares in white, it looked simple and chic. Update: Returned. It looks pretty cheap even for $36.
How does your income compare to others around the world in your age group? From Canada, I’m doing well, but not as well as Spain…
I am in love with this nail colour. I am thinking of buying it so I can paint my toes at home even though I am REALLY not into nails.
- These parents were… just…. ridiculous. What a terrible way to spend your Easter.
- This ring is GORGEOUS. Can I admit that I tried it on and really really want it? It is also 50% off for a short time.
- I absolutely need to make this butter cake. Like.. now.
- Found this new brand called Level 99 that makes the softest skinny jeans, just like AG but a third of the price, although the fabric makeup is not mostly cotton, it feels just as good. I am loving the wide-leg option (very 70s), and this straight-legged version.
- For something to brighten your day, watch this dance move, I swear it is the cutest thing, ever.
- This dress is very farmer chic. Honestly, I didn’t think I’d like anything with so much plaid but I am very, sorely tempted. I’d wear it with this necklace and these bracelets. And I’d carry this super chic vegan leather bag that you would never know is actually a diaper bag.
- Children’s songs are a little disturbing at times, especially this one about the poor little ducklings disappearing. WTF?! I was singing along to Baby Bun until I realized what I was singing! O_o WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE LITTLE DUCKLINGS DURING THAT TIME!?
- This lip pencil Rikugien is THE PERFECT lip colour for a neutral, better-than-my-own-lip-colour, colour… and this Cruella shade is the perfect deep red for me.
- So…. apparently Etsy’s 6 month parental leave is considered groundbreaking for the U.S. Frankly, when I was told that 3 months was very generous for maternity leave (half of which would include me having to claim I was temporarily disabled), I was not impressed. In Canada, Quebec especially, we get a year which I think is the minimum for all new parents. If those male lawmakers had to go through actual childbirth & recovery without any help from anyone (paid or otherwise), they’d all be screaming for a minimum of 2 years of parental leave. *eye roll*
- Aside from Clean Warm Cotton, I like Philosophy’s Amazing Grace as a clean scent to layer with my lavender essential oil perfume.