What I liked this week:
Buying real estate jewellery is something I want to do once in my life. Or at least attend an estate auction.
It’s all so pretty and sparkly…
- You GUYS. *googly eyes*… This Acne shearling jacket is divine. Be wary of knockoffs however, I tried on this All Saints version of it and it felt like wearing a rough, rugged carpet. I know people don’t wear just tank tops with it on, but WTF? Oh, and it comes in a very flashy, UGLY gold if you are interested.
- I have started my day at 4 a.m. more times than I can count since having a toddler, so this article about waking up earlier to get more done rings quite true with me as long as you aren’t sleep-deprived as well. It is so quiet it is lovely, but you need to be mentally awake as well.
- This leather jacket from All Saints is buttery soft and gorgeous. They are one of my top brands for great leather jackets as long as they’re soft, buttery and generally, suede.
- I HATE that we have to constantly be in that sweet spot of ages — no younger than 30, but no older than 40. WTF? We only have 10 years to be worth anything? I hate how our society is so ageist.
- WHOA. When did Anthropologie start listing rings over $4000? *gawks* It’s gorgeous, yeah, but… WHOA. And there are only “a few left”? WHO IS BUYING THIS RING? And can I try it on? Please? 🙂
- Most women, are not plus-sized, would you agree? So why are designers refusing to make clothes for the majority of women out there? For the illusion & the fantasy. That’s why. I recently tried on a skirt in a store and had to take a size 6 (thankfully I didn’t just blindly order a 0). I’m a size 0 in other brands. Sometimes a size 4. WTF? I can’t get this sizing right. Ever.
- Yeah, this bag just about sums up what I mostly put in shopping bags.
- I LOVE closet inventories. I’m due for one myself, after recent shopping splurges, so this one is a nice read for me particularly since she uses the StyleBook app too!
- Natural stone rings, particularly drusy rings are always a nice inexpensive way to add sparkle.
- Are you still just eating your lunch on your lunch break? You SLACKER. This is what successful people do instead….. I mean, why do we even need to cram more stuff into a lunch break and then write about it? Just. Eat. Lunch. Leisurely. And. Enjoy It.
- This vegan shearling moto jacket is really quite pretty and in an unusual colour.
- What hotels will and won’t accommodate, smell is one of the things they won’t compromise on.
- I’m warming up to the idea of a foldover clutch, and this one from Clare V. is a very pretty calf hair print.
- Washington D.C., Boston, San Francisco, New York, and Baltimore. What do these cities have in common? They have the most women who make more than $100,000.
- $12,000 of HIDEOUSNESS. And that’s SECONDHAND ugliness in a purse.
- Ridiculously antiquated rules for women in colleges in the 50s. Thank goodness we’re in a modern age now.
- I’ve never heard of this brand but their necklaces are refreshingly different, interesting, new and very pretty. I’m drawn in.