What I liked this week:
The food industry has always been a terrible double standard in sexism for me.
I mean, all the top chefs in the world are men (granted, they actually learned all of their best recipes from La Mère Brazier, but still she is never truly credited as far as I have seen), yet in the house, women are expected to cook and prepare food while men do manly things.
My partner being the great cook that he is, is lauded as being amazing and an incredible find by all of my mommy friends because they are envious that he does so much to feed us, even down to preparing and making Baby Bun’s meals from scratch from the day he was eating solids.
So I really love it that these Japanese women are bucking tradition and making sushi in an all female run restaurant.
- The uber rich Chinese kids fascinate me, but as I have seen in documentary Born Rich, too much money is not necessarily a good thing; you lose who you are and the sense of your worth & belonging in society which is just as painful as its psychological aspects affect you for the long-term.
- This khaki green belted cargo skirt looks way more expensive than $35.
- Millennials are shunning credit (like me!) but while I applaud living on cash only & not taking on debt, I can see it having a widespread, ripple effect on our economy once the taps dry up & people stop spending so much.
- Hands down, still my ultimate, favourite pair of jeans. I won’t wear them to the playground with Baby Bun, I love them so.
- A nomadic minimalist, this Altucher. I haven’t read his book but I have it on my Wish List. The only thing I’d question is: Is couch surfing really a life and if you have kids, doesn’t this nomadism stop? My answer is here.
- I am still sort of searching for a good body lotion, and am currently using this one (the hand cream version), but this one smells heavenly and was very moisturizing…
- If you’re blonde and think that navy or black & white striped shirts look terrible on you, I recommended this version of stripes and got an enthusiastic response. I also really like this one, this one and this one, but this is obviously the ultimate classic in breton stripes.
- The benefits of dressing for success… even for your first day of school. I do this and can attest to pulling out my favourite wrap dress for major things.
- I’m eying this gorgeous compass necklace as another traveling, wanderlust iconic piece of jewelry.
- Why is being pregnant such a baffling thing for our society? It is insanity. WHERE THE HECK do these male managers think they came from? Under a cabbage leaf? Delivered by a stork? I feel like they were lacking in education and perhaps a little sensitivity training is in order… and some sex ed classes. What also sucks is that women who don’t have kids, are expected to be workhorses instead which sours the milk for everyone.
- These are the best tights I have ever tried, they are of an excellent quality and last so well even after multiple uses.
- I always plan my day out before I start it, I even plan my week ahead of time so that I know what I want to get done, when and why. Turns out, I’m thinking like a chef when I do this.
- I just want to curl up in this cosy cocoon cardigan, have a cup of hot chocolate and read a book.