In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- The life of a supermodel, it is never as green as it ever seems. H/T to Revanche.
- These boots look amazing. The khaki green is stunning, and a very nice neutral that isn’t black.
- Rare Marilyn Monroe’s secret footage. She was such a cultural icon but with such a sad story. The media ate her up alive. She just wanted to live her life…
- I tried a sample of this pepper perfume and I think it is so refreshing, spicy and incredibly food-y without being sweet. I’m seriously considering the bottle.
- How to achieve financial independence realistically. I really like reading Tim’s posts on how he reached his first $100,000 and so on. What an interesting look and perspective on savings. I might do a similar post.
- I have this perfume and it is sweet without being cloying, and makes me think of the salted summer. It can be pricey in the larger bottle, so this smaller one is much more reasonable at $25 and on my wish list.
- Pitbull, love him or hate him is a marketing genius. His ascent has been incredible & I really enjoyed this article on him. People are not whom they seem.
- I’ve always liked crowns and regalia, and this ring fits the bill nicely.
- This is why I’m my own boss. I can’t believe this manager.
- I’m such a sucker for maps, that this map ring steals my heart but for something strong and bold while minimalist is this one, or this one that looks just as sweet or this one in rose gold.
- This woman married a gay man and knew it. You are born gay. You can’t be cured of it… and I am happy to hear that people are starting to realize that sometimes religious doctrines are not the be-all and end-all, and there is flexibility in its interpretation.
- This striped skirt needs to enter my wardrobe. It is so unexpected, and this one in a pleated stripe midi is awesome, and so is this striped version.
- How to negotiate as a woman and work your strengths.
- A long delicate leaf necklace is what I need.
- I liked this post from Xin about why women are vilified for liking to spend on style and clothing, yet in the same breath are expected to do it.
- This tuxedo blazer is stunning in its charcoal grey and black perfection.