In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- I’m a Contrarian (which sounds about right except for the doesn’t spend impulsively part). What are you? (Thanks to iou)
- Inspired by traveling? I am. I loved all of these travel quotes.
- What a beautiful little animal…
- I really… truly.. want this bag like you wouldn’t believe. But not for the $1000 price tag.
- Succinct, relevant career advice and tips when starting your first job; my 5 favourites being (1) “butt-in-the-seat time”, (2) “learn how to communicate your opinions”, (3) “do it don’t just say it”, (4) “be an early bird” & (5) “know the cold hard facts”.
- How long does an average marriage last? Looks like Rome & Italy take the cake.
- What a lovely, LOVELY Mommy + Baby story..and speaking of Mommies, Aunties are pretty awesome too because this one freaked out in the cutest way
- This is a wandering nomad but she’s also a bit of a couch surfer/mooch, as with all “nomads”; unless you live in an apartment hotel or hostel when you’re traveling or “location independent”, you’re just a couch-surfer / mooch.
- This is a fantastic infographic of the languages spoken around the world; Chinese may be the largest but English, Spanish, French and Portuguese are the most versatile to know.
- She’s a good egg, that Taylor Swift
- I am probably in this category of being disturbingly frugal. Poor Neiman Marcus.
- Here’s a video about what people around the world think of Americans.. and what I gathered from that is that people think America is mostly white which isn’t true. There’s a great range of diversity of Americans but only so-called “true Americans”, don’t have to say for instance: “I am a white American”, they just say “American”; whereas other cultures or races have to specify what they are before saying “American”. Like “Asian American”, ‘Latin-American”.. etc
- Speaking of culture, this list of 22 signs you grew up with immigrant parents made me laugh
- 100 years of fashion in 2 minutes is pretty incredible. I loved watching this.