How does makeup fit into all of this for you?
I love makeup, and when I was younger I was a bit of a hoarder.
As I got older, I started trying nicer makeup from Sephora mostly, and then went through a phase of getting ALL the lipsticks and ALL the blushes and basically
I finally gave most of it away to people to whom I thought it would suit, and now just pick ONE of each item to wear as makeup until it hits the pan and I use it up completely before replacing it.
I used to not wear makeup to work at all (I get lazy) but I found that people respond better when I wear makeup, and I feel better when I do.. as in, I feel like my skin looks incredible, so I feel even more witty and kinder as a result of the glow I feel from my faux skin if that makes any sense.
It’s like wearing a red dress and high heels to make yourself feel like a rockstar.
When something works, it works and I stick to it. I am not into experimenting with makeup. I guess I could.. but I really don’t care about it as long as I look amazing, as “natural” as possible and stunning. That’s all I want.
If you’re curious, my Holy Grail items for makeup are…
- Foundation: BareMinerals Complexion Rescue / Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation — Both have SPF 30 and 25 respectively, and I layer them. BareMinerals first, Dermablend on top. My skin looks amazing, like crushed pearls with barely a hint of any of the acne scars I have, and EVERYONE stares at my skin and/or comments on how amazing (and natural) it looks. It is magic.
- Blush / Bronzer: Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Dim — I use this bronzer as a blush. It is the most natural blush for my skintone and doesn’t look too pink or too muddy. Shout out to Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush too, it worked nicely but was a bit too pink for my skintone so I gave it to my mother who is as white as a ghost.
- Concealer: Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation — Meant as a foundation but feels too thick (I put some on my cheeks in a pinch and I broke out), so I use it only as a concealer and thus far, it is THE BEST concealer I have ever found.. I wouldn’t use it as a foundation. It is better than anything I have ever tried, is creamy, long-lasting, great coverage & natural
- Super Long Lashes: EyEnvy Serum — This has given me “normal” eyelashes of my dreams. They are so long they look fake but.. not in a terrible way
- Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Palettes — Something nude, matte and neutral. I am not into eyeshadows normally. My go-to base colour if I wear it, is a light gold or champagne like this one from Milani
- Eyeliner: Dolly Wink by Koji Liquid Brown Eyeliner — Dolly Wink isn’t cheap compared to drugstore brands, but it is THE BEST liquid eyeliner I have purchased & still cheaper than Sephora brands.
- Mascara: Princess Essence Mascara — JUST discovered them. Amazingly, only $5 and makes my already now long lashes way longer & lusher. I’ve taken to just wearing mascara without anything but SPF on my face on the weekends and I feel like I look completely finished
- Lips: Revlon Pink Truffle / Nars Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil — nice & neutral shades like my lips but way better. I feel that without something on my lips and a fully made up face, I look unfinished.
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
The entire series can be found here: Women in Clothes Style & Fashion Survey
Post a comment