What do you do as a makeup routine?
I am such a sucker for mini makeup palettes and cute little “oh this will change your makeup life” nonsense at Sephora when in the end, I really only use a few things, and frankly, I should stop looking at those items in temptation until I FINISH these products (yes, as in “hit the pan” with my brush, and then scrape out all the remaining bits). What I use now, are almost ALL Holy Grails.
In order this is what I do every morning for work, on weekends I am bare-faced after some skincare and letting my skin breathe. The most I slap on is a tinted sunscreen on the weekends.
For work? This barely takes me 15 minutes:
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Foundation with SPF 30 – this is the basic layer
- DermaBlend Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation with SPF 30 – this is for more coverage, but I find it very thick and like a liquid concealer; I will say the tones/shades available are on the bluish, lighter side though
- Makeup Forever Ultra HD Concealer – Only for under the eyes as they need just a little more coverage than a foundation, and I put it over my eyelids as an “eyeshadow” but don’t actually wear any eyeshadow so it looks more natural
- Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder – Need to set my entire face to set my makeup so it doesn’t smear or run, and controls a bit of shine (I even dab it over my eyelids)
- Hourglass Ambient Powder in Dim for Blush – I used to use it as a bronzer but prefer it as a more natural-looking blush
- DollyWink Eyeliner – Love this eyeliner, goes on like water, stays like a waterproof eyeliner but comes off with just a light swipe of makeup remover. All the other eyeliners I have tried are too goopy, too thick, too shellac-y…
- Essence Princess False Effect Lash mascara – Hands down, the best mascara I have recently found and for CHEAP — $5!! I took pictures and am amazed it lives up to its promise!!
- Curl eyelashes – Just a step, I use an old Shiseido curler
- Revlon Super Lustrous Pink Truffle Lipstick – Newest addition, I feel like my lips are naked without this or some lip balm
If I had an event, I may use a sponge to blend in my foundation instead of my fingers, add some eyeshadow (maybe a smoky eye), and .. that’s it. That’s all I’d change.
After yoga, or at the office during lunch, I use oil blotting papers (don’t love these as much as J&J blotting sheets), and then MAY redo my foundation with some BareMinerals BarePro Performance Wear Foundation (it has at the most, SPF 7 in there), to touch up because SOME SPF no matter how little is better than NO SPF.