Save. Spend. Splurge.

Week of Money: It’s interview time!


??:?? — I could have slept a bit more, truly… but that’s okay.

6:05 a.m. — I make tea, watch the sun rise… My view is truly beautiful. I love the colours in the sky for sunrise and sunset.

8:10 a.m. — I take Little Bun to playgroup. I leave early because I know traffic will take forever, and I usually get there 10 minutes before it starts.

8:22 a.m. — I go through my IG page and realize it is basically money, food and style. Yep. Sounds about right.


9:25 a.m. — It is great to sit and chat with other parents who are there, and to just have adult conversation which is very tough if you’re staying at home without other friends who also stay at home and have kids around your age, or family nearby like grandparents. It is a real community center.

9:45 a.m. — They don’t believe I can do a headstand! So I do it on the mats and I am super proud…. my headstand is on point.

9:51 a.m. — I go out to get a breakfast sandwich – I am nervous, and I stress eat when I get nervous. $5.20

10:07 a.m. — I get a call about an interview tomorrow which sounds pretty chill. Should be all right. I need to print my resume today, set out an outfit for the web interview and all that. Plus review my notes a bit, to remind myself of what I did on other projects – it has been long time, I have been working…

10:30 a.m. — I feed Little Bun 1/4 of the sandwich as he plays with Play-Doh.

12:34 p.m. — Home, I feed Little Bun a banana, and get him down for his nap in a bit.

1:27 p.m. — In the meantime, I am roasting potatoes, mushrooms, thyme and rosemary. I also rub a lot of tea tree oil into my scalp because I am hoping it is what will keep the dandruff away, because my scalp finally stopped itching, but it is still flaking like crazy.

2:13 p.m. — I take a nice long shower, and plan on curling my hair nicely afterwards, which tends to hold its curl even without any product, for my interview tomorrow morning.

2:25 p.m. — Yeah, he didn’t nap at all. But he got some quiet time which is nice. For both of us. I go and pick up my vintage purse that was mailed from Poshmark and SQUEE. LOOK AT IT!

3:56 p.m. — Hair did, food in my belly, I do a few more handstands to practice and get into the mindset for tomorrow. I have all of this pent-up energy…

8:30 p.m. — We read 18 books … O_o…. and now it’s time for bed. I lie down and do deep breathing. Little Bun is so tired, he conks out immediately after, as he didn’t nap.

Spent: $5.20



5:13 a.m. — What the actual F. I guess it makes sense, he slept pretty early last night for us, 8:30 immediate conk out means he got a solid sleep in.

6:40 a.m. — I organize all of my work shoes. I only wear one pair / type of heels to work, they are Manolos and all secondhand. I love these shoes. They are very comfortable. My favourite is the pair beside the black ones on the left, they are vintage, and THE MOST comfortable ever, but the other ones are ‘newer’ and not quite as broken in.

7:50 a.m. — I read and play with him after my hot tea (drank it alone and scrolled through IG ALONE), we do more Math Journeys, this time he asked for the 2X and 3X tables, and then division with 2X and 3X. He is so freakin’ adorable when we have his stuffed toy dance across the bed with the pillow ‘babies’, friends all helping to do math together.

8:51 a.m. — I start getting ready for this interview. Full hair, makeup, boss outfit… It is basically this look:

8:58 a.m. — Maybe there is a webcam, maybe there isn’t. I do a full outfit and look so that JUST IN CASE there is a webcam, I can turn it on and be fine.

11:15 a.m. — Interview done. No webcam. No worries, this wasn’t all for naught because putting on a full face, with a full outfit really gets me into character and it helps me be more professional. If I sat around in pyjamas with my hair in a bun it wouldn’t feel the same.

12:40 p.m. — I drive my partner to school as he had to watch Little Bun and missed the bus. He takes an hour and a half to get there, but by car it is only 20 minutes. O_o When we get home, Little Bun has a banana “for his tummy grumbles” as he calls it, and asks to go down for a nap. He must be really tired, waking up at 5 a.m. even if he slept well. This transition to school may be a little bit tough.

1:35 p.m. — I drink some cashew milk, and call the recruiter and basically tell him I nailed the interview aaaaaaand I want $10K more. He says he has to crunch numbers, as most of it would be out of his pocket (uh yeah, duh..) and I sit back and deep breathe.

1:47 p.m. — I practice a few more handstands (totally addicted now).

2:07 p.m. — This is an adorable short film. And I am never freakin’ vacuuming again. LOL!!! How would all of these cute dust bunnies survive!?

3:12 p.m. — My whole body ACHES. I have really been pushing on handstands. I should take a break and let my body heal. Little Bun is still out. The recruiter still hasn’t called. *shrug* This is what negotiation is — POKER FACES ALL THE DANG TIME. Who is going to crack? You or me?

6:00 p.m. — And I win. One recruiter told me I had a great poker face. I just smiled.

7:22 p.m. — Planning out what / how to arrange for pre and after school care, logistics… I have a lot to think about. Little Bun is watching Tom and Jerry in the bedroom while I organize and go through my finances.

8:48 p.m. — Bedtime.

Spent: $0


??:?? — What..? He’s awake? I get up, fill up a new bottle of milk (my partner forgot last night), get my sweater on (it is chilly in the mornings), put away the dried laundry, and start my tea.

4:38 a.m. — WHAT? Oh … man. No. I can’t even. I thought it was 5 at LEAST. I try and hustle him back to sleep after he drinks his milk, but now he is wide awake and I am bracing myself for a major f*ckening…. I am sure it is coming. I am feeling tired, myself.

4:49 a.m. — Nope. He will not be coerced back to sleep. I get up with him. I boil new water for my tea and make a cup.

5:04 a.m. — My partner gets up too. You can’t sleep with this child awake unless you are EXHAUSTED.

5:05 a.m. — I get the contract for my new job, and start go through it. I ask for 2 revisions. One of the issues was they put in there if there was a Statement of Work (which there is), they could end it in 15 days, but I had no such provision for my own termination of the contract. I’m going to need them to put in there that EITHER Party can end the agreement within 15 days of written notice. People who are freelancers think they can’t ask for contract changes but you can. You are your OWN corporation, you need to watch out for what is written in there.

6:10 a.m. — Contract review done. I send off the changes and wait. I also asked for a later start date – too many things going on to start next week.

8:15 a.m. — I head out for a break.

8:47 a.m. — I treat myself to some waffles with blueberries, blueberry compote and this addictive cacao cream sauce for having won the contract. $10.43

9:33 a.m. — Double Stars at Starbucks, so I grab a Blooming Rose Tea Latte with black tea. It isn’t bad.

9:37 a.m. — Oh. Starbucks auto-reloaded. $25

10:30 a.m. — I start to head home, and ignore my bladder giving warning signals. I am turning onto the road to the ramp and I am having SERIOUS MISGIVINGS NOW. I skipped the bathroom because I thought I could hold it AND I need to get back ASAP by 11 a.m. so my partner doesn’t miss his bus.

10:34 a.m. — OMG. Why is the light RED. I am hitting EVERY. RED. LIGHT. now. Normally I am pretty chill in my car, but my bladder is screaming.

10:38 a.m. — On the ramp, finally. I can’t even cough or sneeze out of fear, I know it will be worse, so I try and hold in my coughs.

10:39 a.m. — I am driving like a maniac. No. Don’t stop. Please let there be no traffic jam at this time, I am serious. I am so dead serious.

10:42 a.m. — I finally turn off the ramp, I can’t even spare another 10 minutes, I park, and run like a deranged crazy person to the nearest toilet I know.

10:47 a.m. — ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THEY ARE CLEANING IT? NOW OF ALL TIMES!? My bladder is about to bust.

10:50 a.m. — I debate waiting until they’re done (how long could they be? Forever, at this rate), and I sprint to the other bathroom at the other end of the mall.

10:55 a.m. — OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG… I get there just in time. I am never, ever f*%ing doing this again. I am DUMB AF.

11:01 a.m. — I SPEED HOME (sorry, I do), and of course, and luckily, I catch a cop in a police car. I didn’t go nuts, so thank goodness .. and I drive fast but carefully all the way home.

11:03 a.m. — In the door JUST IN TIME. My partner is on the floor with blocks with our son, but goes and quickly gets ready. I would have driven him to the metro if I was late, but … getting Little Bun ready and buckled is .. rough. I know he would have a meltdown.

12:20 p.m. — I get a blessed call from a daycare that can take Little Bun for pre and after school care. I can start any time. I ask when I can come see it, and decide for tomorrow morning. The whole time I am doing this, Little Bun is.. no joke… screaming his DAMN HEAD OFF. I mean like SHRIEKING like a banshee. I try to desperately cover his mouth so I can hear the lady (who cannot hear me through the shrieking), and I am getting angrier and angrier by the second.

12:32 p.m. — Finally, off the phone, I lose it. I blow my lid right off and am screaming like a deranged maniac.

12:33 p.m. — Little Bun loses it too (obviously), and both of us are screaming.

12:35 p.m. — I leave him in the bedroom, screaming for him to STAY THERE AND NOT MOVE, and I wait until his shrieking and his sobs wind down to whimpers, and I go in, and just hold him.

12:45 p.m. — He sobs and cries, I tell him it is okay to cry it out, and I just hold him until he is quiet. Then I launch into what I call the – Hard Way or the Nice Way speech. I tell him this was the Hard Way. I am really sick and tired of him shrieking and crying EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I AM ON THE PHONE. I cannot work at home like this if he does it, and frankly I don’t want to. I want him out of the way while I am concentrating, and I cannot have him doing this. I tell him this was the Hard Way because I tried the Nice Way and Little Bun doesn’t listen.

12:47 p.m. — Cue more sobbing. I repeat the message softly but firmly while hugging him tight. I also tell him that playgroup is off the table tomorrow because of the way he acted.

12:48 p.m. —He starts shrieking again. I tell him I am not giving in. There’s NO playgroup tomorrow, end of discussion. If he wants to learn it the Hard Way, this is the Hard way, I tell him. He is shrieking like a BANSHEE.

12:49 p.m. —I finally get him calm, 11 minutes before nap time. I bring in the laptop for videos as a treat, and let him lie on his side and watch videos until 13:00.

12:46 p.m. — He bursts into tears for no reason, still remembering what just happened. I hug him tight, and tell him softly to cry it out. Mommy is blue too. It is okay to be blue and to cry.

1:00 p.m. — At 13:00 on the dot he squeals, and I tell him no more squealing, you ask me nicely. He tells me it is 13:00 and he is ready for his nap. See? Perfect behaviour. Now WHY THE HELL do I have to scream and lose my #$@*! to get this personality out of him? FML. I hate the Hard Way. I like being the good mother, but this.. this is just terrible.

1:06 p.m. — I tuck him in, make him giggle a bit, pretend his toy is looking for ‘treasure’ in his pockets (always makes him laugh), and he goes to sleep happier.

1:12 p.m. — I am now shaking from hunger and stress. This episode has left me jittery, hungry, and very shaky. I need to eat. ASAP. I quickly spoon out rice, potatoes, mushrooms, herbs and crack an egg over top to cook in the microwave. It ain’t gourmet but it’s easy and will satisfy me instead of making me wait 20 minutes for noodles etc. I need to eat NOW.

1:24 p.m. — I eat while watching Top Chef, my kind of singleton/guilty pleasure. I love watching cooking shows while eating.

1:47 p.m. — I wolf it all down and wait for about 20 minutes for my brain to recognize I ate, before going back for seconds if I need it.

1:58 p.m. — Need to breathe. I don’t feel hungry any more. I do want to drink a little cashew smoothie to relax. WTF. WTF. What a f#$*ening that was.

4:08 p.m. — Little Bun up, crying. He is so grumpy right now. I grab his milk and rub his hair, kissing him and just being there in the quiet. He feels a little better after I carry him up and we snuggle together.

5:28 p.m. — I open the balcony doors and let in fresh cold air. I’ve always loved airing out the house, comes from when my mom used to do it to get rid of the stale air, and it always feels so fresh and clean.

7:14 p.m. — My partner is home LATE. He went to the library then came home. In the meantime, I was “digging for treasure” with Little Bun by hiding blocks underneath blanket “caves”, using a spatula and a flashlight to get them out, and then we tossed around his teddy bear, back and forth like a ball while I blasted music. A follower on IG turned me onto this song Maren Morris – Rich and I LOVE IT.

It is country pop… kind of like what Swift used to sing before that whole Kanye thing made her famous.

7:25 p.m. — Time for a break. I read through some things, then set Little Bun up with Tom and Jerry while I stretch and take a break.

7:48 p.m. — I strain my right hip a little, and vow now to over practice my handstand but I am doing SO WELL. I am able to get up now with either the first or second kick, hold it, and press up on my hands from the ground for about 10 seconds. I am working on not needing to kick up so high, and to balance myself without a wall… I am excited with my Handstand progress.

7:50 p.m. — I talk to a former colleague on the phone. She is a new freelancer (older than me by age by about 15 years), and I am feeling extremely frustrated because she has taken ZERO of my advice and is coming to me basically panicking about all the stuff that is happening that WOULD NOT HAPPEN if she had just bloody listened to me in the first place. I’ll be writing a post about this, believe me.

9:03 p.m. — Time for bed. We need to interview places we can stick Little Bun in tomorrow. My partner discussed it with me, and wants to do daycare for 3 days a week rather than school, so that he can continue to transition out of his nap. I am not a fan of paying, but I see some merit to it – Little Bun does conk out every other day for a solid hour or so….

Spent: $35.43


??:?? — Not complaining. Feeling rested.

6:38 a.m. — I remind Little Bun that he doesn’t get to go to playgroup today because of the way he acted yesterday. He is calm now, and he nods. He says he was naughty yesterday and he will behave today. I told him – Not just TODAY. I want EVERY day to be a good day. Try your best, and I will too. Mommy has patience, but she is going to lose it all and have a low battery if you keep doing this.

7:59 a.m. — I get a sudden wave of dizziness. I get this way when it is about to rain, or when the rain disappears and it becomes sunny. Any kind of change in the barometric pressure causes this. I have pills for my nausea as well.

8:08 a.m. — Can you believe that some people think that in Canada we don’t pay any income or sales taxes? WTF? I am having a shocked moment here. That is some serious crazy talk and totally misinformed.

9:58 a.m. — We head out to look at places to stick Little Bun for 3 days a week. I work from home Fridays and my partner is home on Thursdays, so we only need 3 days. The first place is adamant it is only 5 days a week, the second one doesn’t reply yet confirming yes or no. If we have to pay 5 days, I am taking advantage of the 5th day and sticking him in there when I am at home working. That’s for damn sure.

11:14 a.m. — Home, my partner makes pizza.

12:25 p.m. — My partner heads out to run errands so I can take the car in the afternoon. I need to buy a new stuffed toy for Little Bun, his old one is all basically torn up. It looks like it has been eaten by a dog. I cannot keep fixing it, it is on its last legs and he plays with it SO OFTEN.

1:55 p.m. — I do all the dishes. Little Bun is acting much better than yesterday. He was about to have a temper tantrum in the car earlier this morning (we literally cannot drive 5 minutes together without him whining and setting my whole brain on edge) but then I told him to behave, and I didn’t want a repeat of yesterday, he shushed immediately.

2:30 p.m. — I head out for my break after my partner comes home. I have 2 weeks to get a lot of stuff done.

2:51 p.m. — Well this is a handy chart. I will use this on Little Bun. I saw the “Stop yelling” and “Be Quiet” a lot..

3:50 p.m. — I return things, drop by Goodwill and see nothing of interest to me, and then have a little break at a Starbucks where I go through my spreadsheet, and calculate that by next year I should be a personal millionaire. Well that feels anti-climatic.. Yay for a personal milestone. A millionaire by 36. I should milk this some how, if only I weren’t Anonymous (LOL!). $5.15

4:29 p.m. — Home. Little Bun squeals into my arms, and then says: Mommy I want to show you something! … I get undressed, get ‘situated’ (as I call it), and then take his eager paw, where he leads me to a dead bug outside on the windowsills, legs up, bright green. I squint at it. He proclaims it to be a dead bee, I tell him it looks more like a beetle. He asks me why it died on our windowsill, I said it is likely he died there like all the others as it was his time.

7:40 p.m. — I feed him dinner, and then I get a text back from the second daycare that agrees to 3 days a week at $42/day. Since I am paying half, this is fine. $126/week or $504 a month, we will each pay about $252. Not only that, the government reimburses us SOME of this amount, not 100%. Based on our income, we may get a few bucks back. STILL! Money is money.

8:30 p.m. — I need to plan this next week ‘off’, prepping and getting ready to get things done. I have a doctor’s appointment for my super dry scalp (dandruff? eczema? WTF IS THIS SCALY PATCH ON MY SCALP?)… and I want to make sure I have my first week of work outfits, my work kit ready, and prep Little Bun for his new daycare which he is VERY excited about – he has started changing in that he is finding these things fun rather than a hassle like when he was younger, and hated being left alone.

9:12 p.m. — I fall asleep with thoughts of what to do. I feel both over and underwhelmed at the same time. Paralysis.

Spent: $5.15


??:?? — Feels early.

6:00 a.m. — Little Bun pipes down only when I tell him I’ll take him out to playgroup if he behaves. I have so much to get done today, and will have a massage at home for my right shoulder’s knots. It feels better but not cured.

7:59 a.m. — Tea over, Little Bun is counting down the seconds (literally COUNTING DOWN) and when it hits 8 a.m. he jumps up and starts ripping his clothes off, running to the bedroom to get dressed to go out to playgroup.

8:16 a.m. — We hit a knot of traffic. I am glad I left early, I have things to do, and I don’t like being late.

9:04 a.m. — At the playgroup, I wait around, and then realize no one is here or coming back. I go downstairs, and am informed they all left on a special outing to go apple picking. …. The look on my face. PURE HORROR. I had a massage booked in an hour at my apartment (I am not bougie, she doesn’t have a studio yet), and WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? I cannot relax with him around and he will def. not watch videos while this is going on. The director senses my panic, and offers to watch him until the girl arrives for the later playgroups at 10. I practically have tears streaming down my face in relief. I completely forgot about this apple picking thing and we didn’t go all week because Little Bun has been SO TERRIBLE.

9:12 a.m. — As I am about to leave, I get a call from the broker. He talks my EAR OFF. Nervous AF I am going to bail because my skills are in demand, he keeps chattering on. I finally get him off the phone and bolt.

9:34 a.m. — Ahhh.. massage. Pending. I text a friend, and get texts back from a friend who is driving me nuts. It is that same former colleague, older than me, texting me that she “cannot take it any longer, she has a pain in her chest, and she wants to quit now and leave today“….. are you kidding me? DO YOU LIKE MONEY? I like money. A LOT. You were JUST COMPLAINING not even a week ago about how you ate through and drained your savings from just a few months on the bench. STFU, suck it up buttercup and make cash until you can find something else and secure a jumping pad. I am eyerolling right now but also half interested in how this train wreck is going to turn out. Some people are not meant to freelance.

11:49 a.m. — Massage over, I leisurely drive to pick Little Bun up. He’s the only one there, and the girl who normally watches him, tells me how amazed she is at how good his math is. I tell her (half proudly, I won’t lie) that he has been curious ever since he was a baby, and it is his favourite subject just like hers! (She’s a math geek too.)

12:15 p.m. — Home, I feed him lunch, do dishes, eat lunch, get organized and try to make sure everything important is done – email birth certificate of Little Bun to the director for daycare, CHECK … email list of questions to broker to get answers on, CHECK. What else? Handle a few more returns, check the budget, etc.

1:40 p.m. — I decide to give myself a celebratory $500 bonus for this contract, which is very generous because I normally would be at the $5000 range, but I kind of want to save as much as possible to be a millionaire ASAP. How cool would that be? I am getting excited for this goal. Anyway, I decide I want to spend $500. Whatever is leftover, I’ll put in my fun budget which I am also keeping at$225 this month, for a grand, super spendy total of $725 on WANTS. WHATEVER I WANT.

2:02 p.m. — He isn’t napping. I give him milk, and he at least had quiet time, and so did I. I don’t mind quiet time even if he doesn’t nap. My brain relaxes because I know he is safe, he is with me, but not with me, and I can think in peace.

3:25 p.m. — My partner is home, I head out and buy more things for my work kit: Tylenol (I get weather-related headaches, and it does help sometimes), some emergency wet wipes for my work station, and some wild oil of oregano because it is the #1 breath mint/cleaner I have ever used. You take a few drops of this stuff and ANY stink of your breath is gone. You cannot beat this. Even mints have nothing on this stuff.

5:50 p.m. — Home, we play “Math Journey” with his stuffed toy, we have a nice delicious dinner, and then I do dishes, a load of laundry, and it’s bedtime.

5:50 p.m. — First order of business, I buy a bougie AF Mason Pearson hairbrush. I don’t have a hairbrush, and I need one to help with my dandruff to help exfoliate .. which I think is part of the problem. I don’t like buying cheap crap either, and I want something GREAT. I end up enabling someone else in the meantime. LOL. $220

8:50 p.m. — Before I sleep, I check and wonder WTF is going on with some jeans I sold. $11 earnings, and she hasn’t accepted the parcel. Eye roll. I hate buyers sometimes. GIVE ME MY MONEY. I don’t want a returned parcel.

Spent: $220


??:?? — I have SO MUCH to do today. I am meeting up with a friend to help her with her budget, plus I want to buy more stuffed toys for Little Bun as a gift to him too.

6:00 a.m. — Tea, I put away the dried dishes (I was too lazy, I washed all of them and let them dry over night)

8:15 a.m. — Little Bun and I go through the checklist together, and he helps me make my work kit. The start of it anyway.

11:40 a.m. — I leave early and skip lunch because it would take too long and I have to hit a store up north before meeting my friend.

12:08 p.m. — Someone wants my hangers for $20. Perfect. I text that I’ll meet her tomorrow and drop them off.

12:28 p.m. — I pick up a new toy, a baby version of it (impulse buy), and a sweatshirt. Little Bun also wanted the tote AND Mommy to have a matching sweatshirt, but I wasn’t about to drop another $100. O_o… $160.50

12:28 p.m. — I buy some test cupcakes at Cocoa Locale as per my friend’s recommendation and I carefully carry it on the bus to bring it to my other friend whom I am helping with her budget. $6

2:00 p.m. — I meet my friend and we go through her budget. Basically, she has enough money (her rent is only $300!!!!), and is kind of just spending it without thinking, the way I did. She was only saving $100/month but can easily save $750, so I show her how and I emphasize being FLEXIBLE. If $500 is all she can save, that’s way better than the $100 she has. ANY amount is better than $100, and after she clears her debt in a month, she will be a money rockstar.

4:12 p.m. — She leaves with a plan, and I plan on meeting her in January to review it after she gets a new job. I head over to return a necklace, and end up buying this one instead. It is by a designer I have never heard of but love the pieces – David Claire. The fire in this INTENSE necklace is amazing. High quality labradorite is magical. $80.67

4:25 p.m. — As I go to leave, I look through a few coats (just curious, not really buying or in the market for one):

4:32 p.m. — Then this happens:



8:56 p.m. — Oh. My partner is cooking tomorrow. For some reason my mental week is all screwed up, and I quickly get to washing two sinkfuls of dishes so that the kitchen is clear tomorrow.

9:40 p.m. — Little Bun is watching videos and sleeps LATE because of my dishwashing.

Spent: $247.17


??:?? —  Why do I feel so groggy? A little dizzy.

7:19 a.m. — WHAT!? I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE UP AT 6! And to meet a buyer at 7:30 AT HER PLACE! Horrified, I text her in a panic and start getting ready. OMG I overslept. This is why I feel a bit dizzy, I slept too much past 6 a.m. and instead of feeling rested, my body is all out of sorts. I pop a Tylenol, put all the dishes away, put on my yoga gear, grab the hangers, grab my mat, kiss Little Bun goodbye and race out the door. I grab a banana for the car.

8:02 a.m. — I eat the banana while waiting, she finally comes down (her phone is screwy apparently) give her the hangers, get $20, and am so happy. Phew. $20

8:15 a.m. — I head off to yoga, but hit a drugstore before, and pick up this anti-dandruff treatment Nizoral because the other stuff is not working. A reader also told me to try Nioxin hair care because it cleans your scalp without ruining or stripping it, and it has helped stabilize her dandruff issues. I am ALL for natural everything, but this dandruff needs to get TREATED, as I have eczema and am prone to skin/scalp issues. I want to get this fixed, and then see if I can just do this once a week or something and go back to my old shampoo / using a zero waste bar shampoo. F#$*.. This eco-friendly lifestyle is hard, but I am trying. $60.66

8:30 a.m. — Yoga time. She is a new teacher, a sub for the old one, and not to be ageist, but her yoga is probably better geared to very very new beginners or seniors. The movements were too slow and low impact for me. I didn’t break a single sweat, I just felt like I stretched, and I would do more stretching at home, better, and end up having my heart rate go through the roof which is what I LOVE. I want to be drenched in sweat when yoga is over, from how hard I am working (I hate hot yoga), and this one felt lacklustre. At least I earned $20 and it is “free”. $20

10:47 a.m. — I head home after a little sandwich and drink at Starbucks and a little reflection about this upcoming contract, changes, etc. TREAT YO’SELF. $11

11:32 a.m. — Home, Little Bun is finishing lunch and I settle in for mine. He asks me eagerly if I got a new toy for him. I promised him I would, and I bring out the new toy, a baby version of it, AND A SWEATSHIRT for sleeping at night. He is so happy with his gifts, he can’t stand it.

12:28 p.m. — I give him the Daddy Toy and the Baby Toy. I tell him the Baby Toy can go in the car if he wants, like a traveling Toy. He shakes his head after thinking and says thoughtfully: “No, Mommy, the little baby toy will get sick and vomit in the car, so he has to stay at home with the Daddy toy.” He is remembering how HE gets sick in the car, and is showing empathy. I am loving this.

12:56 p.m. — He is SO HAPPY with his toys. He is playing with them, and ecstatic.

1:05 p.m. — He goes down for his nap just as my partner comes home.

3:01 p.m. — My partner and I are chatting, I dry the dishes and he starts on a new batch of yoghurt.

3:15 p.m. — Little Bun wakes up in a good mood, but when my partner and I talk, he starts squealing and whining. It is SO. ANNOYING. I get very angry with him. He then tells me he wanted me to help him, and yadda yadda.. I told him he had to WAIT then. I was talking to Daddy.

4:20 p.m. — I finally can’t take it any more. Tom and Jerry time. I don’t even give AF. I need a break. My partner is working on the apartment, finishing off what he started a month ago, because it is starting to get cold and he has been putting it off for a while.

5:58 p.m. — I eat a quick dinner, finishing off my potatoes. I eat pomegranates, and feel way better now.

6:37 p.m. — I go into my closet, clean up a little, and decide I MUST clean my leather things this week. Tomorrow is not a good day, I am going to the doctor, and handling a child who won’t have time to nap in between playgroup and the doctor. :-\

8:59 p.m. — I take a shower, try out the new dandruff shampoo (which does smell but that’s fine, it has to work not smell great), then time for bed.

Earned: $20

Spent: $91.66


Want more? Read all of my previous Week of Money Diaries.

Post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *