WHAT IS IN MY EMERGENCY POUCH
I carry this Squeak pouch by Etsy seller SqueakDesigns from Australia (love their work), and this is what is inside.
Top Left to Top Right
- Floss (kept in this card in white from the dentist)
- Wet Ones towelettes
- Tide-to-Go Pen
- Jurlique hand cream
- Burt’s Bees lip balm
- Fresh Sugar lip balm (it is now sadly, finished)
- Urban Decay Eyeliner
- Hair elastic
- 3 Bobby pins
Going Down (On the right)
- Clean and Clear Oil Blotting Sheets
- Moleskin Plus band-aids for the feet
- Post-It pad of paper & Pen
- Spare tampons (I actually use a Diva Cup with my review here but you never know when someone might need these)
- A spare plastic bag — this is for whatever including Baby Bun incidents
- Headphones + Cord Taco cordsavers
What’s in yours?
VEGETABLE-INDUCED MIGRAINES & SLEEP DEPRIVATION
From my toddler…
I have had a splitting headache for 2 weeks now. It finally went away yesterday when I convinced Baby Bun through screaming at night that he needs to sleep and stop waking Mommy up.
He slept (sort of) from 8 p.m.-ish to 6:30 a.m. which means I slept about 9 hours (I lose an hour or two here and there from him kicking me, etc). I needed more after he woke up at 6:30 a.m. … WAY MORE. At least 3 more hours to catch up. My body was just craving it.
I normally need a solid 9-10 hours alone, and in the past weeks I have been getting less than 8. I have felt it strongly in my headaches, I have had massive migraines, I can’t think straight, I’m irritable…
Finally. Solid sleep.
And from vegetables…
I will also mention that I have also in the same 2 weeks started going way more vegetarian / vegan for my lunches and that also partly triggered my headaches.
Baby Bun’s lack of sleep has only been the past 6 days, so it doesn’t explain away the rest of the time…
I can’t find any solid evidence online that going more vegetarian / vegan it is connected to my headaches, but it cannot be a coincidence because I have had sleep deprivation before with Baby Bun (obviously) but it hasn’t lasted this long or have been this bad.
So far, I have read the following possibilities online:
- Your body is “detoxing” all the sugar, fat, meat, caffeine etc… which maybe could be part of the case, but I don’t eat THAT much sugar, I have no processed foods in my stomach and I wasn’t eating much meat to begin with, I have just cut out the little that I do eat to half (now we’re talking only 3 meals MAX a week, have meat in them, out of 21 possible meals). I feel like maybe the substitute of fruit sugars in fruit (my green smoothies) for white sugar may have something to do with my body’s withdrawal… I get this way when I drink too much caffeine or cut back from 2 cups of tea as well (I drink 1 cup of matcha green tea & 1 cup of black tea in the morning)
- You aren’t getting enough iron or B12 – Nope. I definitely get enough iron, I have been making green smoothies up the wazoo and spinach is great for iron, plus I have been eating beans (chickpeas, yellow peas) as well. I also haven’t cut out meat completely. I still had one meal of chicken, and 3 meals of seafood (smoked salmon) in the past 2 weeks. I haven’t cut out the dairy either, I still have milk in the mornings and cheese very often. This is not it.
But there is a slight correlation for me, between going vegan/vegetarian and getting splitting headaches, I know my body well and I am certain the change in diet triggered these migraines, which was not helped by my lack of sleep because of Baby Bun.
Just WHAT in the change of diet, could be a variety of things. Either more vegetables in place of what I normally ate (eggs, occasional pieces of meat), or the withdrawal from white sugar (replacement: fruit), or …?? No idea.
That’s not to deter anyone from eating more vegetables, but be forewarned it could happen and stock up on aspirin/Advil and be prepared for it by eating a balanced diet and maybe easing into it gradually over a few months by cutting out the meat gradually rather than going full force cold turkey.
ISN’T THIS ADORABLE?
I want to re-create this. The only thing is that it would be too young for Baby Bun already, he’s past this stage… but still, what a great idea for a kid’s room. All the letters are far more interesting than what I came up with (Q for Quill!?)
HOW TO SPOT QUALITY
I had been meaning to post this for a while, but remember that peplum dress I scored for $80 that originally cost around $1300?
Well, the quality is phenomenal. I didn’t even know the label SportMax (I do now), but even without looking at the tag, you can see just how well made it is.
The peplum at the back pops open like this with two snaps:
When i’s closed, due to the design of the peplum and just the actual print of it itself, it looks near seamless at the back, unlike cheaply made dresses.
This is why I can’t get on board with exposed zipper skirts, dresses or pants. They just look so cheap to me if I see the hardware and underpinnings of the garments.
I know it’s in style now, but .. it just looks wrong to me. It should look hidden and seamless.
SOME PARENTS & “EXPERTS” FOR POTTY TRAINING ARE LIARS
Online, you can apparently train your child in 24 – 72 hours to go on the potty.
It has been almost 4 months that Baby Bun has been “trained”, and he still has mini accidents where he wets his underwear a little tiny bit and then realizes he has to go.
He still hasn’t learned that he needs to go when he feels the urge, not when it is urgent!
There are only 5 things to remember about potty training:
- Skip the baby potty on the ground, use a potty seat or else you’ll have to train twice
- They must wear underwear & feel themselves getting wet; no “pull-ups” unless you’re going out or they’re sleeping
- Incentives matter — some use candy, I opted to use stickers
- It will take at least a week if not longer of full-time, constant, hawk-watching the potty signs & underwear for them to get the concept
- You have to start when they’re ready, but before the age of 3 or else it complicates things apparently
You can read all about my REALISTIC Potty Training Experience.
I will let you know once Baby Bun is fully “trained” and doesn’t have mini accidents.