September 2017 Budget Roundup = $555,064.07 or an increase of +19,189.30 +3.58%
This month, I tried. Believe me. I tried very hard to stay under…. and then it all just went to #%&)@….
I cancelled facials, I returned clothing left and right, I avoided tempting food trucks, restaurants and tempting bakeries, but I still couldn’t keep it locked down.
Part of the reason is that I have decided in lieu of adding clothing to my wardrobe I do not need to refresh (e.g. not underwear, bras, etc), I will spend the money on my skin and health instead.
And then I gave up, signed up for a yoga pass, needed weekly yoga gear to avoid doing laundry so often (#Justification, amirite?), and you know.. it snowballed into shopping online, blabeddy-bla-bla….
- Yoga – $100 commitment monthly (also, comes with yogawear requirements of course *whistles innocently*)
Facials – $130 commitment monthlyNo longer doing this. My skin was ruined.
- Non-invasive or surgical skincare treatments – namely, Intense Pulsed Lasers (IPL) this year. I spent $700 buying 6 sessions to be a guinea pig and see whether IPL actually works to get your skin to look more even-toned, less pigmented, etc. We shall see. If this is good, I’ll add it to my yearly budget as part of skincare.
- Supplements – I already take BioSil (skin, hair, nails, my hair is 25% thicker / bouncier versus photos of my hair last year), Fermented Cod Liver (Omega 3, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, and for probiotics), and will be adding Vitamin C & E (they work best together), and some B12 for energy (my mom has been pushing this one on me lately).
So in lieu of clothing, shoes, and accessories… SKINCARE! 🙂
My goal is to go without foundation 100%. A little undereye concealer, eyes and whatever, okay, but if I can just slap on some sunscreen and call it a day, I will stop using foundation altogether.
INCOME = $22,625.35
I budget all of my money using The Budgeting Tool (all net proceeds go to charity).
- Day Job = $21,155.40
- Advertising = $760.84
- Affiliate = $210.69
- Products = $498.42
Save. Spend. Splurge. Products sold and counted as net revenue (after fees), include:
- The Investing Tool
- Book: How to start a blog and make an extra $1000 a month
- Book: How to invest your money forever (U.S. & Canada versions available)
- Wanderlust Scarves – Silk habotai made and printed here in Montreal, Canada. Each scarf is $55 USD including free shipping worldwide.
EXPENSES = $7267.03
TOP 5 EXPENSES
Yes. That’s.. well. Yes. Ummm…..
But my net worth! Let’s look over at my net worth instead!!!!
*shoos you away from expenses*
NET WORTH = $555,064.07 or an increase of +$19,189.30 +$3.46%
NET WORTH FROM PAST 12 MONTHS
YAY! INCOME INCLINE!!!!
DIVIDEND INCOME = $150.16
LITTLE BUN’S NET WORTH = $21,682.45 or an increase of +$1097.51 or +5.06%
This is the strategy on how I invest Little Bun’s money… , and he has completely killed it this month.
New .. zen.. me?
I’m really tired. Work is kicking my bum right now. I’m tired. Little Bun doesn’t seem to sleep any more…
I still stick to my yoga like insane person. 5X a week.. I’d do 7 if I were able to.
I think stress = spending. I can’t figure out how to stop the cycle though.
Maybe stress = selling instead?
How do I shock myself into doing this? #TimeToLearn
But at least my accessories are on point..