September 2014 Budget Roundup = $228,512.59 or an increase of $556.10 or 0.24%
DECIDED TO SAVE $3000
I am not buying the laptop I wanted because I’ll make do with what I have.
I really want to conserve money.
DECIDED TO SAVE
This car search was KILLING ME. I had an original budget of $2000, max, $5000 for a car. I can’t find a wreck or a beater car anywhere that doesn’t reek of dogs (I’m allergic). *sigh*
I was contemplating buying a new car at $50,000 and then said: No. I’d never drive it, I barely use a car as-is and we have a family car that we use most of the time.
In the end, I spent about $9500 for a “new” used car which is in very good condition and have about another $500 to go to buy winter tires.. in total, $10,000 for a new car.
That amount includes taxes, license plate registration, CAA coverage, insurance for the year and so on. Gas is about $80 per tank, and I should go through a tank every 2 weeks or less depending on how much I drive it.
My original budget was $5000 and I spent double that *SIGH*
We’ve been using the car a lot lately because we’re getting it set up with new brakes, it needs winter tires etc, which is screwing with my gas estimate…
INCOME = $7967.71
I worked a few days this month so I have some income (around $7000).
EXPENSES = $13,085.53
TOP 5 CATEGORIES OF SPENDING
SAVED: $3000 – $45,000
Didn’t buy a new laptop and I didn’t buy a brand new car. PHEW!
SPENT: $10,000 on a used car
EEP! But there was no way in hell I was taking the damn bus.
SPLURGED: $1000 (almost!) on clothes
NET WORTH: $228,512.59 or an increase of $556.10 or 0.24%
WOW! I’m pretty psyched. At least I went up in net worth just as the markets are tanking.
BABY BUN NET WORTH: $3113.85
I’d like to also (proudly) track his growing net worth on here.
He’s just a little over 6 months old and has about $3000 to his name.
$50 of it came from opening a children’s savings account in Tangerine (got a $50 bonus for putting $250 in there).
MY 5 FAVOURITE POSTS FROM THIS MONTH:
- Spending money still makes me feel rich
- Why don’t I just let my partner provide for me while on maternity leave?
- Increase the luxe factor of your wardrobe
- Are girls more expensive to raise than boys?
- Being cheap doesn’t make you superior
BEST BLOG FEATURES FROM THIS MONTH:
- Make Money Your Way featured my side hustle of playing video games
- Scratch Wireless put me on as one of their top 50 blog resources
- Financially Blonde and Mark both loved my post about how if you’re cheap you aren’t the King/Queen
- Leslie linked to my short post about how people with more than $11,000 are richer than 50% of people under the age of 35
- Blonde and Balanced liked my post on retirement strategies for 30 year olds!
- Michelle liked my post on filial piety.
- PK always sends some serious link love especially if it’s in regards to children or maternity-related stuff
- Maria over at The Money Principle liked the post on wages per hour
WORK! I WANT TO WORK. WORK WORK WORK.
And not shop.