Review of M. Gemi: Bolla Ballet Flats in Gunmetal & Tuta Suede Nature Flats & Stellato Navy Flats
REVIEW OF BOLLA FLATS
Still in love.
Am I spoiling anything for anyone if I say that these Bolla flats in Gunmetal are incredible and well worth the price?
They look just like the day I bought them with very slight wear and tear. Whenever I wear them, women exclaim one of two things:
1. They look so comfortable!
Why yes they are thank you.
2. They look so nice!
They are gorgeous and the quality is top notch. There is no cheap leather peeling off the top after a few wears, the inside is one smooth piece of lined leather, and while they didn’t feel soft and comfy like bedroom slippers at first, I realized it was a GOOD thing because it means they’re hard-wearing and will last longer.
Notes on the Bolla:
- Take half a size down, they were right. My true size is US 7 and I took a US 6.
- The elastic is not a terrible thing, it means it hugs your foot better and stays on rather than slipping off and flopping around
- They are very well stitched and reinforced without causing any blisters whatsoever
- You may need to get them Vibram-soled like I did, to make them last even longer.
- The inside is soft, wonderful leather and they are GREAT SHOES
As seen here, they look killer and fit well:
REVIEW OF TUTA FLATS
These Tuta flats however, are the most stylish flats I own. They have an elegant pointed toe and a very pretty band across the front which adds a little something different.
I think they look fantastic on my feet and they are the pair that sort of made me go out and buy the Stellato flats from M. Gemi in navy
which are similar.
Obviously, being pointed, they are slightly less comfortable than the Bolla flats, but they are the most stylish. I wouldn’t say they are flats you could wear for major hiking and sight-seeing the way the Bollas would be good for, but if you plan on wearing them to run errands, commute, or wear them to work, they are definitely in that range.
I love, love love the soft pale shade of the flats as well.
The Tuta flats are these, worn here:
…and the Stellato flats are somewhat similar, worn here, but without the band across the front:
I LOVE THEM.
I love them so much, I want them in the Natural shade as well: