2 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of butter (let it come to room temperature; take it out about 2 hours before, and do not forget to cream it into the sugar FIRST)
3/4 cup of sugar (freeze the sugar for half an hour beforehand, it makes a difference)
2 eggs beaten
2 1/3 cups of mashed bananas (about 5 bananas)*
*Super, perfectly ripe bananas look like this:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees Celsius)
2. In Bowl #1: Cream the room temperature butter, frozen sugar and eggs together with the mashed bananas.
In Bowl #2: Mix the baking powder with flour and salt & lightly mix it together
3. Gently fold in the Bowl #2 (dry ingredients) into the Bowl #1 wet ingredients, and don’t over mix.
Just keep folding in the ingredients gently until it’s all mixed and combined.
4. Lightly butter the inside of a loaf pan, and then dust it with flour lightly so that your banana bread won’t stick
5. Pour the batter into the pan.
6. Stick it in the oven the MINUTE it hits temperature and bake for 60 minutes (my oven needed exactly 60 minutes!).
7. Take it out, and let it cool a little inside the loaf pan for about 10 minutes, then try to pop it out to cool on a rack.
8. Try not to eat all of it while watching My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
It is delicious, moist, keeps well, and is a HUGE HIT with everyone.
You could also add walnuts if you wanted (flour them a little then add them on top of the batter and push them in a little).