Poshmark Canada! Referral code SHERRYISH for free $15 credit
EMERGHERD YOU GUYS.
POSHMARK CANADA IS FINALLY HERE!!
Can you tell how excited I am right now?
LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!!
Use the referral code:
..to get $15 once you make your first purchase, and I get $15 too <3
This will disappear soon for sure. They don’t give money away for free.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE NEW USER PROMO SHIP!!!
Also, when you first sign up they will give you an AMAZING shipping deal for the first 24 hours you’re never likely to get again.
Don’t waste it.
Shipping is normally $13 in Canada and I think they give you $5 or somewhere around that which means with your credit, you can buy a $10 item and pay $0.
SELLING ON POSHMARK CANADA
I plan on putting items for sale up on there (in a few months not now), and for now, I am just browsing and getting started.
For those of you unfamiliar with Poshmark, the prices are MUCH lower because it is sold by people like you and me, rather than through a consignment shop that takes 50% or more of your earnings.
That is good for buyers but for sellers, be prepared to just let it go.
How to sell on Poshmark
I cannot wait to do this. In a few months. I don’t have my closet here with me, unfortunately.
When you’re ready to sell an item, these are the steps to follow:
- Take a few photos of the item in a SQUARE picture format, write a quick description, set the price, and it’s up for sale. If your item is long, make sure you set square mode so you get the full length in a picture for the buyer
- When the item sells, Poshmark emails the seller a pre-addressed, prepaid Canada Post shipping label that can be placed on any box. The buyer pays for shipping, which is a C$12.99 flat rate. The seller and Poshmark CAN do deals and offer a discount on shipping but it comes out of the SELLER’s pocket. 🙁
- Once the item is shipped, the order will be delivered in one to seven business days, Poshmark pushes the seller to ship it within 2 days
- Poshmark tracks the package on its way to the buyer, and will only release payment to the seller when the buyer accepts the item.
The minimum listing price is C$4, and sellers are encouraged to set fair prices according to the value of the item they’re selling.
“Fair” is subjective. People sometimes want $1500 items for $20. Eyeroll.
On Poshmark, the fees for Canada are:
- It’s always free to list an item for sale on Poshmark.
After your item sells, we deduct a small fee from the final order price.
- For sales under C$20, the fee is a flat rate of C$3.95 which is ROUGH.
- For sales above C$20, the fee is 20% and you keep 80%.
What you get:
- Free pre-paid shipping label.
- Free credit card processing.
- Customer support and Posh Protect buyer protection.
How to buy on Poshmark
You browse, see something you like, and Buy it Now or Make an Offer.
It is a bit like eBay.
All offers are binding for 24 hours (you cannot cancel unless you cancel within I think the first 3 hours of making said offer if you note that you made a mistake).
You will be charged a $12.99 flat fee for shipping (which is a Canada Post label that gets sent to buyers), and the tax on the shipping.
It is pretty fair, and a great way to shop pre-loved, especially since the shipping is a FLAT RATE and won’t go up or down based on the item.
I buy a TON from Poshmark in the U.S. and I am so happy I can do it now too in Canada.
You can also buy from American buyers, you will see their listings in USD$
How does it work with Americans?
I am not sure how it works yet for Americans buying from us, or us shipping to them at this point but this is so new and so COOL.
I will update as I get more info, and as I buy/sell from/to Americans.
Update: It doesn’t CURRENTLY allow cross border shopping. Booooo… but Canadians have pretty good stuff so I’m not complaining.
Here is their official answer as of June 4th:
While cross-border shipping isn’t currently available to our users, we’re hoping to launch this feature very soon! In the meantime, a buyer in Canada can purchase an item from a US seller only if they have the item shipped to a US address, and vice versa.
Canadian and US Poshers are currently able to toggle between the Canadian and US marketplaces though, allowing the entire international community to see listings and engage (like, comment, share) with one another.
How do I make the most of it?
As for the glossary of terms, you can browse what they use here, like “Posher” (a Poshmark seller) or “bundle” where if you go into a Posher’s closet and see 5 things you like, you can bundle them and you may get a discount on the whole lot, or you can make an offer on the lot of 5 you want.
Plus, it saves on shipping costs!!!!! It is one flat shipping rate per purchase / per seller.
Then of course standard selling terms like:
- BNIB – Brand new in box
- NWOT – New without tags
- NWT – New with tags
.. also apply.
You can also download the app here which makes it much easier.
Again, my referral code for $15 CAD for a limited time is: