October 2013 Budget Roundup = $211,136.70 or an increase of $2843.20 or +1.36%
DID YOU SEE MY BLOG GIVEAWAY FOR $100 USD IN CASH?
If not, go here to win $100 USD in cash, with other possible cash prizes of $50 and $75.
I UPDATED THE BLOG LAYOUT
I’ve been rather bored lately, so I started tweaking the code and layout of the blog, then it ballooned into new fonts and headers… yeah it got out of control but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.
It’s a far cry from the mess I had experienced in July/August. I think I’m finally satisfied with the layout. Everything finally lines up nicely and doesn’t look half bad if I do say so myself.
Come check it out!
INCOME = $1651.94
I safely smashed my $500 goal this month, but it was mostly because I divested in stocks so I could hoard a bit of cash and wait for good buys.
Stock breakdown of net profits after commissions:
- Gained $1078.05 from AG Junction sales
- Lost $0.07 from Just Energy
- Gained $250.55 from Starbucks.
*I only paid $4.95 – $9.95 per trade to sell my stocks with Questrade; referral ID o0soehds will get you $50 in free trades.
EXPENSES = $5281.64
TOP 5 CATEGORIES OF SPENDING
SAVED: On my dentist cleaning
I had a perfect checkup. Not a single drop of blood in the basin. This means I only go once a year at $110 instead of twice a year at $130.
SPENT: On the baby!
Bought their bed, and a bunch of other stuff. Check out my baby tracker.
SPLURGED: On myself! A lot of splurging happened.
Wait until you see this gorgeous coat I bought myself…
NET WORTH = $211,136.70
…or an increase of $2843.20 or +1.36%
NET WORTH FROM THE PAST 12 MONTHS
MY 5 FAVOURITE POSTS THIS MONTH
- What’s the most money you’ve ever spent on a piece of clothing?
- Minimalist Closet Living: The Essentials for Men and Women
- How does an almost 30-year old have $300,000 saved while earning only $20,000 a year?
- The time I was a total money idiot in a relationship
- My parents can’t afford the lifestyle they’re currently living
- How can a maximalist also be a minimalist? (American Debt Project)
- Meet the blogger of Save. Spend. Splurge. (Break the sky)
BEST BLOG FEATURES FROM THIS MONTH
My post on Becoming a Freelancer: The reality of being an independent contractor hit a note with Making Sense of Cents.
Girl Meets Debt also very kindly repeated the perils of dating a financial loser. Don’t do what I did, kids.. I lost 6 years of my life on a loser.
Sarah, talked about her dilemma of clothes-buying.. namely, mindfully buying clothes these days. She even made a flowchart, which pretty much follows how I buy things these days. Oh and she featured me as so:
Paula is envious of the Canadian scanning code of practice and feels vindicated that I too, ask for a few pennies to be rectified on an invoice!
DQYDJ liked my post on whether or not American tourists are rude and my revelation that France has a minimum wage less generous than their world-famous welfare and unemployment system.
It started with lip gloss did an excellent response post to my original post about a woman being promised marriage if she made him 300 sandwiches.
Jessica zeroed in on my post asking What’s the Most Money You’ve Ever Spent on a Piece of Clothing?
CARNIVALS I ENTERED
- Carnival of Financial Planning: Halloween Edition
- Carnival of Personal Finance: Epic Edition
- Carnival of Personal Finance #437: The Netflix Binge Edition
- Carnival for Young Adults
- Lifestyle Carnival ..and again!
My one last month out before the snow hits and I am less inclined to head outside.
ONE MORE MONTH OF FREEDOM! (read: shopping….)
I’ll be spending more time inside, so I think I might do more cleaning and monitoring of my current stock portfolio.