May 2012 Budget Roundup = – ($6903.76) or a -3.48% decrease
My spending has been pretty darn good! I lost all kinds of energy to shop for clothes and even when I go into a shop I think — Why am I touching this? Do I even want this? For that price!? — and this lack of energy has saved my wallet from coming home with boo-boos and running to the corner to cry.
Track your own expenses using my budgeting tool
INCOME = $10,943
EXPENSES = $5117.14
- Spending was not ideal this month, but mostly necessary and some of it fun
- I am most pleased with my super tiny “Wardrobe” section, as I really didn’t buy a single stitch!
- I would like to watch my expenses for the next month, but a new household = $$$$$
NET WORTH = $191,656.87, or a decrease of -($6903.76) or 3.48%
- My investments have been taking a dip to the tune of about $10,000 this month *shakes fist*
- Still, I hang onto them for the long-term, not the short… and I see it as a time to buy more, rather than less!
- If I hadn’t gone down in my investments this month, I’d be at the $200,000 mark
- C’est la vie! Maybe I should revise my savings goals back down to $200k 😉
TOP 5 SPENDING CATEGORIES
- I guess “Retirement savings” or “Government taxes” isn’t really considered spending
- …but they’re the biggest amounts I’ve taken out of my paycheck, if that makes sense
Not much happening. Just hoping I don’t break my streak!
Books I’ve written so far